The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fi101
Really hope you get what you need :smile: I shall be stalking this thread to see if you made it :wink:

I kinda wish I took A levels just because of the big discussions and threads you guys have, I think the IB one was 2 maybe 3 pages long and this was the exam discussion and the results combined :colonhash:

Awh thanks :smile: I will definitely let you know! If I'm not getting drunk that is :rofl: actually I don't drink much at all, so that won't be happening! :ymca: Oh gosh that is small, isn't it? But then again, they're most probably just as hard as A Levels! I personally think that I took too much on this year, but I don't regret it for some reason :smile: At least you can come on these threads and share your experience of results day and the subjects themselves, it will probably help no end of people.
Original post by Fi101
I was a mess before my results as well (mainly due to the exam board screwing us over with our hl physics paper, it was so hard I left half of it blank because I ran out of time...) I got my total predicted grade expect my art when down and English up. Ended up missing my offer by 1 point out of 45 but my uni took me anyway :smile:
Going to York to study Psychology :biggrin:

I'm sure it will all work out for you :smile: was so relieved when it was over though. How about you? What are you planning to do?

I'll also be studying psychology presuming the 18th goes well :biggrin: Congratulations!
Hey guys I do bio, chem and geography. I'm hoping to do biomed at Brighton. SOOOO nervous!
Reply 2263
Original post by QueenBee98
Awh thanks :smile: I will definitely let you know! If I'm not getting drunk that is :rofl: actually I don't drink much at all, so that won't be happening! :ymca: Oh gosh that is small, isn't it? But then again, they're most probably just as hard as A Levels! I personally think that I took too much on this year, but I don't regret it for some reason :smile: At least you can come on these threads and share your experience of results day and the subjects themselves, it will probably help no end of people.

Haha after my results I think I got a hug and a box of chocolates? When my ucas confirmation came in then the cocktails came out :wink: But after my 15 exams i needed chocolates :u:
Reply 2264
Original post by fefssdf
ah pleased to hear you got in anyways :biggrin: have fun, york is a really pretty uni and so is the town

Thank you :smile: yeah it looks really great excited to finally see it in person! Best of luck with your results :biggrin:
Reply 2265
Original post by Elastichedgehog
I'll also be studying psychology presuming the 18th goes well :biggrin: Congratulations!

Yay for Psychology :biggrin: Where are you hoping to go?
Original post by Fi101
Haha after my results I think I got a hug and a box of chocolates? When my ucas confirmation came in then the cocktails came out :wink: But after my 15 exams i needed chocolates :u:

FIFTEEN? Blimey I only did three and I've already started having power naps because I'm so exhausted! :biggrin: Well done though! You really deserved it! :smile: I'm still unsure as to whether I'm gonna check Track first or go and get the results, I think if I check track then I might panic. I know sometimes it takes a while to update but I'm that kind of person :rofl:
Original post by Fi101
Thank you :smile: yeah it looks really great excited to finally see it in person! Best of luck with your results :biggrin:

oh I've visited it before and it is a really friendly and cozy uni and the accommodation was really great as well like all modern and there's a lake going through it as well. I felt a nice vibe there aha and it is my backup uni if i don't meet my offers ahhh
Reply 2268
FIFTEEN? Blimey I only did three and I've already started having power naps because I'm so exhausted! :biggrin: Well done though! You really deserved it! :smile: I'm still unsure as to whether I'm gonna check Track first or go and get the results, I think if I check track then I might panic. I know sometimes it takes a while to update but I'm that kind of person :rofl:

Yeah for IB we take 6 subjects 3 at standard level and 3 at higher level then sit between 2-3 exams for each subject in a period of about 2 weeks, some people I knew had 4 exams on one day with several clashes :redface:

I wanted to look at track first but I was cornered by my mom and had to look at my results first online, track didn't update for another 2 weeks though so I'm happy I looked at the results first or who knows how I would have turned out emotionally haha
Reply 2269
Original post by fefssdf
oh I've visited it before and it is a really friendly and cozy uni and the accommodation was really great as well like all modern and there's a lake going through it as well. I felt a nice vibe there aha and it is my backup uni if i don't meet my offers ahhh

That's great to hear from someone who has been :smile: thanks for that!

What's your firm then? :smile:
Original post by Fi101
Yeah for IB we take 6 subjects 3 at standard level and 3 at higher level then sit between 2-3 exams for each subject in a period of about 2 weeks, some people I knew had 4 exams on one day with several clashes :redface:

I wanted to look at track first but I was cornered by my mom and had to look at my results first online, track didn't update for another 2 weeks though so I'm happy I looked at the results first or who knows how I would have turned out emotionally haha

Oh my goodness, that's so much to do! That makes my work look like a walk in the park! :rofl: I knew someone who had like three in one day, but that was all :smile: I think i might have a peek at track first, but I guess that we will have to wait until the day :biggrin:
Reply 2271
Oh my goodness, that's so much to do! That makes my work look like a walk in the park! :rofl: I knew someone who had like three in one day, but that was all :smile: I think i might have a peek at track first, but I guess that we will have to wait until the day :biggrin:

Who knows when you wake up you might just be in the mood to see your results first, no one knows expect you on the day :u:
Booked an open day for Hull - the fun never stops.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fi101
Who knows when you wake up you might just be in the mood to see your results first, no one knows expect you on the day :u:

That is true :smile: I betcha these weeks are going to go by so quickly!
Original post by Fi101
That's great to hear from someone who has been :smile: thanks for that!

What's your firm then? :smile:

Nottingham but I'm not gonna get AAA LMAO
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAAH.

Out of interest, what would happen if I didn't check my A level grades?

+ instead behaved like it was any regular day etc?

Ignorance is bliss.

So there is literally a conspiracy theory that I read that says that SAYS if you don't collect your results it will be then if you don't collect them then.

+ my finger hurts bc I was sewing earlier + I hurt myself.

DAMN THE NEEDLES.
Original post by fefssdf
Nottingham but I'm not gonna get AAA LMAO

What course?
Original post by Fi101
Yay for Psychology :biggrin: Where are you hoping to go?

Firm Sheffield, Insurance Liverpool :smile:
'The report also found that over half of English 18 year olds applying to university missed their A level predictions by two or more grades last year an increase of 34% on 2010.'

Evidence of harder exams?
Reply 2279
Anyone else getting sleepless nights thinking of results day

Quick Reply

Latest