The Student Room Group

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

All jobs require a language

-French Teacher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
Teacher: Hey Edminzodo (obviously they used my real name), did you know that they're taking the world 'gullible' out of the dictionary?
Edminzodo: (With complete sincerity) Oh my gosh, really?

. . . Entire class bursts out laughing . . .

:facepalm:

Haha hahahah, omg that made me laugh so much! This is really the funniest one so far

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
Teacher: Hey Edminzodo (obviously they used my real name), did you know that they're taking the world 'gullible' out of the dictionary?
Edminzodo: (With complete sincerity) Oh my gosh, really?

. . . Entire class bursts out laughing . . .

:facepalm:

:lol: :toofunny::rofl:

form tutor: hey (my real name) cheese is a vegetable, you were right all along!
me: oh are you sure
form tutor: yeah, check out this news website
me later that day: fkin april fools wasnt it :facepalm::colonhash:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:lol: :toofunny::rofl:

form tutor: hey (my real name) cheese is a vegetable, you were right all along!
me: oh are you sure
form tutor: yeah, check out this news website
me later that day: fkin april fools wasnt it :facepalm::colonhash:

wow your school had great BANTZ lmao
Original post by fefssdf
wow your school had great BANTZ lmao

yeah my school was 95% bant
<5% maybe you guys should learn stuff for your exams
yeah my school was 95% bant
<5% maybe you guys should learn stuff for your exams

tbh i can kinda relate with this a LOT ; gosh i miss sixth form SO much lol
Original post by fefssdf
tbh i can kinda relate with this a LOT ; gosh i miss sixth form SO much lol

lol bit random but is it a physics textbook in your pp?
lol bit random but is it a physics textbook in your pp?

C3 textbook - chapter 2 to be precise !
Original post by fefssdf
C3 textbook - chapter 2 to be precise !

Core 3? maths?
not chemistry unit 3 right :rofl:
Core 3? maths?
not chemistry unit 3 right :rofl:

Edexcel maths yes ! Sorry whenever I think of C3 I think of maths as I don't do chemistry haha
Original post by fefssdf
Edexcel maths yes ! Sorry whenever I think of C3 I think of maths as I don't do chemistry haha

:lol: shame on u
Don't rock on your chair bc one time a kid rocked too far and broke his head. Don't put pencils in the inside of your blazer pockets bc one time this kid fell over and impaled himself....
Original post by Fireplace123
The sun doesn't move...

The sun doesn't move ;D It's the earth moving on its axis that gives the illusion of the sun moving across the sky throughout the day.Although I guess you could say the sun and everything in the universe is moving as it is continuously expanding
Oh man I have loads!

- that our primary school teacher invented the song "hey diddle diddle, median in the middle etc..."
- if you were being picked on, telling a teacher would solve the problem (they literally just went "yeah I doubt Beth would do that")
- year 6 SATs were important for high school
- the ICT GCSE was nationally compulsary
- your GCSE choices are just as important as your A Level choices for which unis and courses you can apply for (all mine say just B in English and Maths is enough for GCSE)
- having your hair dyed a slightly off-natural colour is "too distracting for class" (my college embraces unnatural hair colours with a "rainbow hair" day at the start of the year)
- "don't worry about those people who don't revise, they won't get the good grades" (we all know some people like this who annoy the rest of us)
- GCSE French will give you a very good understanding of basic communication skills for speaking to locals (hahahahahahaha... yeah no)
- "you should know what uni course you want to do by now, so you know what A Level subjects you need, so you know what GCSE subjects to choose to get you there" (in year 8...)
- "you have to tie your hair back in practicals, a few years ago there was a girl whose hair got dipped in acid then she caught it in a bunsen burner and her head caught fire" (really now? really?)
You guys are my favourite class...

You guys are my best class...

There was a student who was one UMS off an A*...he came in on results day in tears and his parents begged to have it changed...

We have state of the art facilities...
if you are having any problems with friends or bullying etc... we will be there to help and support you ( secondary school)
"i once knew a pupil who leaned on his chair and cracked his head open"
Original post by greghayes
Oh man I have loads!

- that our primary school teacher invented the song "hey diddle diddle, median in the middle etc..."
- if you were being picked on, telling a teacher would solve the problem (they literally just went "yeah I doubt Beth would do that":wink:
- year 6 SATs were important for high school
- the ICT GCSE was nationally compulsary
- your GCSE choices are just as important as your A Level choices for which unis and courses you can apply for (all mine say just B in English and Maths is enough for GCSE)
- having your hair dyed a slightly off-natural colour is "too distracting for class" (my college embraces unnatural hair colours with a "rainbow hair" day at the start of the year)
- "don't worry about those people who don't revise, they won't get the good grades" (we all know some people like this who annoy the rest of us)
- GCSE French will give you a very good understanding of basic communication skills for speaking to locals (hahahahahahaha... yeah no)
- "you should know what uni course you want to do by now, so you know what A Level subjects you need, so you know what GCSE subjects to choose to get you there" (in year 8...)
- "you have to tie your hair back in practicals, a few years ago there was a girl whose hair got dipped in acid then she caught it in a bunsen burner and her head caught fire" (really now? really?)

that last one lmao
Original post by Kobisha
"i once knew a pupil who leaned on his chair and cracked his head open"

yh one teacher told me some kid fractured his neck after leaning back on a chair
On the day before my exam - "Don't worry, you'll be fine."

Quick Reply

Latest