The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PhysicsIP2016
over 1000!! and I thought 300 in a year was too much 😂
That's probably about the same as us though, we usually only get one person a year and the last person to get to Cambridge was my sister so fingers crossed I can follow in her footsteps (I am glad that they haven't mentioned it anywhere though jic I don't get it 😁)

Haha there's so many but the college is huge so you can't tell

We actually get in 5 or 6, once had 8, but this year we've not got that many. 3 of us with offers, and another ex-student with one
Original post by Serine Soul
They know our results??

Oh gosh I think I'm going to faint

No they don't. Although they do have STEP results already for the mathmos (according to the CAT in his latest thread).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
No they don't. Although they do have STEP results already for the mathmos (according to the CAT in his latest thread).

Posted from TSR Mobile

CAn YOU STOP MENTIOnInG It PLeASE.
Thankz.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh

Thanks
Original post by physicsmaths
CAn YOU STOP MENTIOnInG It PLeASE.
Thankz.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We should all hold hands in a circle to relieve stress together
Sorry if this stresses anyone out...
But does anyone know when Cambridge actually receives our results?
Original post by Poppycharlotte
Sorry if this stresses anyone out...
But does anyone know when Cambridge actually receives our results?

I think all unis get them at the same time, which is apparently the Sunday before results day...
Haha there's so many but the college is huge so you can't tell

We actually get in 5 or 6, once had 8, but this year we've not got that many. 3 of us with offers, and another ex-student with one

Ooh that's still pretty good! We had 3 interviews and 1 offer but there's a really super selective grammar school nearby that completely eclipses every other school with a ridiculous number of interviews and they had 39 Oxbridge offer holders this year alone :-/
Ooh that's still pretty good! We had 3 interviews and 1 offer but there's a really super selective grammar school nearby that completely eclipses every other school with a ridiculous number of interviews and they had 39 Oxbridge offer holders this year alone :-/

That's like two classes going to Oxbridge wth

Or as they say at super selective grammar schools, four classes going to Oxbridge.

:tongue:

(10 interviews 5 offers at mine.)

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's crazy - their admissions process is essentially the secondary school equivalent of Oxbridge!
Original post by Krollo
Or as they say at super selective grammar schools, four classes going to Oxbridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

prsom :lol:
It's crazy - their admissions process is essentially the secondary school equivalent of Oxbridge!

Goodness me who'd put their kid through all that at 11 years old??
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh mine has had in my yr 13
4 applications 2 interview and 1 offer.
In my gap year around 17 applications 2 interviews and 1 offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh ****.

I propose we organise a search party and nick those papers.

wtf meanwhile my school..

Yeh mine has had in my yr 134 applications 2 interview and 1 offer.In my gap year around 17 applications 2 interviews and 1 offer.Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay. Why is everyone from good schools?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Insight314
wtf meanwhile my school..

Okay. Why is everyone from good schools?

Lol I will let you figure out that mystery 😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I will let you figure out that mystery 😂.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess UK education has gotten to the point where if you are not from a particular region, or a social caliber and your parents had not educated you at the start to score highly on the whatever exams you take for selective schools, then you have a very low chance of getting into Cambridge. Is that what you are saying?
I guess UK education has gotten to the point where if you are not from a particular region, or a social caliber and your parents had not educated you at the start to score highly on the whatever exams you take for selective schools, then you have a very low chance of getting into Cambridge. Is that what you are saying?

nah my school is terrible . needs improvement by ofsted and the head told everyone in assembly one day no-one here will get a 1st from cambridge. after I've done that and part III ill come back and challenge him to a duel.

Not at all: 19% of all Cambridge applicants came from Comprehensives (2015 data), and they made up 20% of Acceptances, so actually they are slightly more successful than the average. The issue is getting more to apply in the first place, hence Cambridge's heavy investment in outreach.

Latest

Trending

Trending