Scroll to see replies

Original post by saudkhan2508
Hello Earthlings....!...

Did my UKCAT and got following score

VR 600
QR 830
AR 720 :/
SJ Band 2 :/

But yeh thats the score in terms of questions main thing to remember is that they have a question bank so its basically a luck game coz if you end up youll get a sh*t score but if youre lucky and have prepared well you can end up with a relative better score.....questions regarding the test will be answered :tongue:

Congrats on your scores! Did you use medify and if yes, how did each section compare? Thanks!
Hello Earthlings....!...

VR 600
QR 830

But yeh thats the score in terms of questions main thing to remember is that they have a question bank so its basically a luck game coz if you end up youll get a sh*t score but if youre lucky and have prepared well you can end up with a relative better score.....questions regarding the test will be answered :tongue:

How hard ws the QR? im doing so badly in that section :frown: were there loads of looking at various graphs and table type questions?
Original post by Freyr
Depends on the person, Personally I spent like 2 weeks intensively revising (including medify- managed to get through the 600Q book- which is now known as the 1000Q book, and all the questions on medify).

People do say you reach a bottle neck with ukcat prep though, but if you spread it out, use this time to understand the different exam techniques, and then closer to the exam i'd reccommend doing as many question as possible (which I HIGHLY reccommend medify)

Ok man thanks for the advice. From what i've heard from pretty much everyone not doing medify will be a huge regret no matter what result i get.
Original post by Gogregg
I used it and found it very useful. I bought 2 weeks and that was plenty of time.

There's a UKCAT 2017 thread if you have any more questions here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3685663

I was strongly considering 2 weeks aswell because well thats the only one that i can afford and is a appropriate time for me to prepare and thanks for the link it looks really usefull.
Reply 1364
Original post by HarrisonGCSE
What is the best question bank which is closest to the real test (Question wise)?

People say is either Medify or isc Medical's ukcat 1000q book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello Earthlings....!...

VR 600
QR 830

well done on your score! Was verbal mainly the statement style questions? Also in the AR were the patterns relatively simple or quite complex? Thank you!
Original post by Chikku_7
So we do not need to do the Decision Making section? Wow. For real? There are no repercussions for not answering that section?

Hi Chikku_7

You are correct, there are no repercussions for not answering the DM section as your score will not be passed on or count towards your overall results.

However, whilst I wouldn't advise spending lots of your time preparing for the Decision Making section, I would recommend going through it and answering as you would if it did count. It is never a good idea to mentally switch off during a test and is far better to keep your mind focused, especially as the time that is allocated for that section can't be used for anything else.

Also, whilst I'm sure you will fly through your UKCAT and not have any reason to even think about taking it again next year, if for some reason you did find yourself in the position of having to resit the exam, the DM section would count next time and you would be in a far better position having already tackled it properly this time!

I hope that helps... do give me a shout if you have any questions... always happy to help.

UniAdmissions
Original post by UniAdmissions
Hi Chikku_7

You are correct, there are no repercussions for not answering the DM section as your score will not be passed on or count towards your overall results.

However, whilst I wouldn't advise spending lots of your time preparing for the Decision Making section, I would recommend going through it and answering as you would if it did count. It is never a good idea to mentally switch off during a test and is far better to keep your mind focused, especially as the time that is allocated for that section can't be used for anything else.

Also, whilst I'm sure you will fly through your UKCAT and not have any reason to even think about taking it again next year, if for some reason you did find yourself in the position of having to resit the exam, the DM section would count next time and you would be in a far better position having already tackled it properly this time!

I hope that helps... do give me a shout if you have any questions... always happy to help.

UniAdmissions

Thank you for the advice :smile: I will follow your advice!
Hello, I am going to be writing my UKCAT exam soon. I saw a lot of threads saying the "Get into Medical School: 600 UKCAT Practice Questions" is the best book to study from. I was wondering if "Get into Medical School - 1000 UKCAT Practice Questions" is the exact same book with more questions or if the 600 question version is better ? Thanks for your help :smile:
So, I did my exam this afternoon.

VR 640
QR 900 (no joke)
AR 690.

But then I got BAND 4 in SJT. Should that matter? Which universities use the SJT band in the admission process, and which don't?
Original post by jeehwan34
So, I did my exam this afternoon.

VR 640
QR 900 (no joke)
AR 690.

But then I got BAND 4 in SJT. Should that matter? Which universities use the SJT band in the admission process, and which don't?

Well done, what resources did you use? Keele, Barts, Edinburgh, not sure about others
Original post by ronnydandam
Well done, what resources did you use? Keele, Barts, Edinburgh, not sure about others

Thanks! I used The Medic Portal, and Medify (mainly Medify), as well as the 3 mocks on the official UKCAT website.

What, so Keele, Barts and Edinburgh do or don't care about SJT?
1000 questions is the more updated so its better as you dont want an outdated book and plus more questions is always better for more practice

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks! I used The Medic Portal, and Medify (mainly Medify), as well as the 3 mocks on the official UKCAT website.

What, so Keele, Barts and Edinburgh do or don't care about SJT?

Got any tips for QR? They do, you can't apply to Keele, for Edinburgh it counts as 15% prior to interview and Barts add your SJT score to your interview score to decide who gets offers and how were the sections compared to medify?
Got any tips for QR? They do, you can't apply to Keele, for Edinburgh it counts as 15% prior to interview and Barts add your SJT score to your interview score to decide who gets offers and how were the sections compared to medify?

Damn! QR - do LOTS and LOTS of timed practice. Speed and accuracy is everything.
Damn! QR - do LOTS and LOTS of timed practice. Speed and accuracy is everything.

how did you find it compared to medify?
how did you find it compared to medify?

I thought the difficulty was similar, perhaps a little bit easier than Medify. I think I had about two minutes left at the end.
I thought the difficulty was similar, perhaps a little bit easier than Medify. I think I had about two minutes left at the end.

fair enough, I really hope I can improve it in the next 9 days
Original post by Chikku_7
Thank you for the advice :smile: I will follow your advice!

You're very welcome!

UniAdmissions
fair enough, I really hope I can improve it in the next 9 days

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending