The Student Room Group

Cerelle advice

Hi, I have recently been taken off my combined contraceptive pill (devastated because I have had absolutely no issues with it and know it works) due to two episodes of "migraines" which were during a stressful period of work.

I mainly went to the doctors as I felt dizzy, lethargic and was having some loss of vision at work, I thought this was related to stress or maybe an illness, they said this was a migraine although I didn't seem to have a headache, I wish I'd never went as I didn't think they'd take me off my pill, but I was concerned I may of had something like hypothyroidism etc. SO they took me off the combined pill Rigevidon and put me on Cerelle (I have been multiple times to the doctors and sexual health clinics to try and get them to re-prescribe my combined pill but this hasn't worked.)

Anyways, has anyone had a similar experience? and what was your experience with Cerelle? I have heard many bad things such as weight gain, acne and of course, the most common irregular or heavier bleeding.
I'm really not happy about having to change but can anyone tell me any experiences with Cerelle? (hopefully positive ones) as i'm really worried about taking it.
I've been on Cerelle since December. My only problem is how irregular my periods are. They used to be roughly every 4 weeks. Now, I can have one, have a 3 day break, have another and nothing for 2-3 weeks. Urgh!
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
I've been on Cerelle since December. My only problem is how irregular my periods are. They used to be roughly every 4 weeks. Now, I can have one, have a 3 day break, have another and nothing for 2-3 weeks. Urgh!

Hi, thanks for your reply, ah that is quite unfortunate, I don't think I'd like that at all but I'm really freaking out because I don't know what else I can do. But I think what's the point of being on any contraception if you keep bleeding and can't actually do what it is meant to be used for haha.
I've been on cerelle for over a year now and it's great. I was taken off rigevidon due to migraines and prescribed cerelle. I've had no weight gain due to the pill and no acne either, just my usual chin spots at that time of the month. As for periods, at first I would have a period as normal every month, however some months I would have a mini period in between, then it reduced to my usual period once a month and now I've not had a period for 2 months. I still get a bit of cramp every now and again but I don't mind. This has been the best pill I've ever been on tbh.
Reply 4
Original post by KiwiDream
I've been on cerelle for over a year now and it's great. I was taken off rigevidon due to migraines and prescribed cerelle. I've had no weight gain due to the pill and no acne either, just my usual chin spots at that time of the month. As for periods, at first I would have a period as normal every month, however some months I would have a mini period in between, then it reduced to my usual period once a month and now I've not had a period for 2 months. I still get a bit of cramp every now and again but I don't mind. This has been the best pill I've ever been on tbh.

Hi thanks for you reply, this sounds similar to why I am being taken off it.
Your experience sounds very positive :smile: so I hope I have a similar one thanks x
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I have recently been taken off my combined contraceptive pill (devastated because I have had absolutely no issues with it and know it works) due to two episodes of "migraines" which were during a stressful period of work.

I mainly went to the doctors as I felt dizzy, lethargic and was having some loss of vision at work, I thought this was related to stress or maybe an illness, they said this was a migraine although I didn't seem to have a headache, I wish I'd never went as I didn't think they'd take me off my pill, but I was concerned I may of had something like hypothyroidism etc. SO they took me off the combined pill Rigevidon and put me on Cerelle (I have been multiple times to the doctors and sexual health clinics to try and get them to re-prescribe my combined pill but this hasn't worked.)

Anyways, has anyone had a similar experience? and what was your experience with Cerelle? I have heard many bad things such as weight gain, acne and of course, the most common irregular or heavier bleeding.
I'm really not happy about having to change but can anyone tell me any experiences with Cerelle? (hopefully positive ones) as i'm really worried about taking it.

Hi, I am currently on cerelle - as I suffer with migraines loads, and cerelle has helped control them. Luckily, I don't get periods while on the pill, but have noticed that my forehead is a little spottier, but with spot cream it is really not that bad. I exercise loads, so haven't noticed any weight gain. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 6
Hi guys. I’ve been put on this by my consultant in a bid to help with the pain and bleeding for endometriosis, I was on Yasmin before, since starting Cerelle ive not had a day where I’m not bleeding and I’m really miffed about it especially as I’m going abroad a week today! Any advice would be great! Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest