The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

I don't feel that particularly confident with Economics and History. The new spec for Edexcel Economics completely messed me up 😫😫
Original post by thevamps99xo
13 days now.....
Posted from TSR Mobile

at least results day isn't on the 13th like it was last year and everyone was getting even more suspicious and it was raining as well where I live :/
Original post by fefssdf
at least results day isn't on the 13th like it was last year and everyone was getting even more suspicious and it was raining as well where I live :/

Oh gosh yeah!! It was a horrible day that day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
Oh gosh yeah!! It was a horrible day that day

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd convinced myself I was getting AAAA but got AAAB and was in a pretty bad mood for the rest of that day ....

Now I've convinced myself I'm getting AAA so anything less I'll be gutted :/
Did anybody here do OCR salters chemistry, so F334 and F335?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I did f331,2,3,4
Original post by LazyEye
Yeah I did f331,2,3,4

I'm so worried about how I did, I didn't think the exams were easy but I didn't think they were too hard either, so I have no idea what result I'm going to get 😳. Only aiming for a C though 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I think F334 and 5 were on the harder side maybe. I'm hoping the boundaries for them are the same as last year. What do you think the boundaries will be like? I'm hoping for a B.
Original post by Elle_w
Did anybody here do OCR salters chemistry, so F334 and F335?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did it too- f334&5 were the devil. No way I'm getting an A now, keeping my fingers crossed for a B!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't suppose anyone else here is on the WJEC spec ^.^
Original post by Elastichedgehog
I don't suppose anyone else here is on the WJEC spec ^.^

:wavey:
What subjects did you do?
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
:wavey:
What subjects did you do?

History, Biology and Sociology, was just looking to see how others felt is all :3

What subjects did you take?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf

Haha I laughed when I saw a D in Unit 1 English Lit
But I was actually in tears of happiness when I saw my Bio, Chem and Maths UMS...

Then I felt depressed for the rest of the day because my mum kept shouting at me for getting good enough grades to apply to Cambridge.
Original post by Elastichedgehog
History, Biology and Sociology, was just looking to see how others felt is all :3

What subject did you take?

Ah I did biology, chemistry and maths with WJEC. How did you find biol? I didn't like by4 tbh, by5 wasn't too bad considering how little revision I've done for it :redface:
Original post by thatcooldude2.0
Ah I did biology, chemistry and maths with WJEC. How did you find biol? I didn't like by4 tbh, by5 wasn't too bad considering how little revision I've done for it :redface:

Well I did a tonne of revision for BY4 so I found it okay, and I was very unprepared for BY5 bc I was busy revising for other things. All things considered though I think it went better than it could have :biggrin:
Reply 2315
Original post by Aph
The stuff about missing grades by subject was the scariest!!! Considering that my subjects are Maths, F.Maths and Physics...
65% of physics students failed to meet their expected grade.
~52% of maths students did too.
~45% of students predicted AAA missed their predictions by 2+ grades (I'm predicted A*AB so it's the best analogy)

Which means (if we assume all events are random and independent (isn't the case but I don't have the data on me))

The probability that I'll miss one of my target grades is: 30.1%
Probably I miss none: 8%
Probably I miss all: 17.6%
Probably that I miss two: 44.3% :eek:
I can afford to miss 2 IF it's only 2 grades I drop by and only 1 grade drop if I miss one,

Yeah that's scary

"Show your working."
I reckon I got A*A*AA in chem, further maths, physics and maths respectively. Further went well, but I made a ****ery of C4 and only got around 68/90.
Reply 2317
Original post by SH0405
"Show your working."

Seriously :redface: :tongue:
I hate showing my working.
Reply 2318
Original post by fefssdf
I'd convinced myself I was getting AAAA but got AAAB and was in a pretty bad mood for the rest of that day ....

Now I've convinced myself I'm getting AAA so anything less I'll be gutted :/

I was the opposite...I somehow convinced myself the highest I'd get in anything was a B, probably BBCC, and I ended up with four As

This year my guess is AAB, which is one grade below my firm offer... (@ ucl please let me in anyway?) But considering how much my mental health has improved, I probably won't be as far off as last year aha
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LazyEye
Yeah I think F334 and 5 were on the harder side maybe. I'm hoping the boundaries for them are the same as last year. What do you think the boundaries will be like? I'm hoping for a B.

I don't think the grade boundaries will be higher, but they might be about the same. f334 could be a bit lower 😀.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest