Original post by jeehwan34
Best of luck!

thanks a lot, good luck with interviews
Original post by jeehwan34
So, I did my exam this afternoon.

VR 640
QR 900 (no joke)
AR 690.

But then I got BAND 4 in SJT. Should that matter? Which universities use the SJT band in the admission process, and which don't?

you have an amazing average, well done! I know sheffield use the SJ, but tbh the best thing to do would just be to call up the unis you're thinking of applying to and enquiring! Did the VR section have very long statements for the ans options and was the timing quite tight? I was also wondering if in the QR you had any cumulative frequency?
Thank you!
How is everyone finding the statement style VR questions on Medify? What are you all getting out of 5.
Original post by Roman hang Limbu
I feel like i am pestering you with questions lol but do you think "revising" for like a good hour a day for a month would be enough? I have recently finished my exams and i just feel like i should be relaxing during summer break and not stressing about UKCAT or anything really lol.

Hi Roman hang Limbu

Do you have a date for your UKCAT?

Ideally you should set aside a few hours each day to practise in the weeks leading up to your test. This could be done on your own using the resources that you have gathered together or as part of a course, although you would obviously have to pay for this.

I completely understand that you would want to relax during your summer break and you should absolutely do that too but it is really worth putting in the time and effort to prepare for the UKCAT now so that you walk in feeling confident on the day!

You might be interested in reading this blog which has some great tips for getting ready for the big day!

I hope that helps. Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions... always happy to help!

UniAdmissions
Original post by bluebell786
you have an amazing average, well done! I know sheffield use the SJ, but tbh the best thing to do would just be to call up the unis you're thinking of applying to and enquiring! Did the VR section have very long statements for the ans options and was the timing quite tight? I was also wondering if in the QR you had any cumulative frequency?
Thank you!

VR had a mixture of statements + True, False, Can't tell. Timing was really tight - I had 30 seconds to spare.
QR didn't have any cumulative frequency for me, but you will get different questions to what I got, so prepare for absolutely everything.
Original post by Pra99
How is everyone finding the statement style VR questions on Medify? What are you all getting out of 5.

getting 65% on average on VR 20 min practices, what about you?
Original post by Fireplace123
Can anyone tell me any tricks and tips for sj?

Like key words to look out for which indicate stuff etc

Couldn't tell you. I got band 4.
Hello all,Click the link below to vote and see how people did in the UKCAT nationally and to see if there is an inflation the scores compared to previous years.Many thanks.http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4240018
*in
Original post by ronnydandam
getting 65% on average on VR 20 min practices, what about you?

about the same. Whats your percentage on the other subtests. For me, QR-79%,AR-70% and SJ-76%
Original post by ashwinmenon1994
Hello, I am going to be writing my UKCAT exam soon. I saw a lot of threads saying the "Get into Medical School: 600 UKCAT Practice Questions" is the best book to study from. I was wondering if "Get into Medical School - 1000 UKCAT Practice Questions" is the exact same book with more questions or if the 600 question version is better ? Thanks for your help :smile:

ISC's 1000 Questions book is the newer version of the 600Q book. They have kept the relevant questions but have added the new AR style questions, the new VR style questions + SJT questions, and more QR of a simpler nature. Since they scrapped the DA section, that probably makes about 500 new questions.

It's always best if you practise using up-to-date material.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pra99
about the same. Whats your percentage on the other subtests. For me, QR-79%,AR-70% and SJ-76%

Haven't done much QR but I'm gonna do quite a bit today and the next few days before my exam, AR varies between 65-75 so yeah 70%, and for SJT all I've done is all the ISC questions and made notes and I just read those as I feel they've covered everything
For guys who have already done the ukcat (well done btw) how did you guys find it compare to the practice exams on the ukcat website? Mine is in 6 days and I am petrified for it. I went on a Kaplan course thingy and from there practice tests I've been getting around 2000 ish at a time but when I did one on the ukcat website, I did horrific.... :frown: thanks, I need someone to give me closure over this :')
So basically today I undertook the UKCAT (for the third time) and received 607 (for the third time :P ), and was wondering if anyone has advice on universities that will regard my application before looking at my terrible result. Academically and experience wise I feel my application is strong, I have achieved a first class degree in biomed (by the time I apply I would have started MSc immunology in imperial), with loads of experience in hospitals and clinical labs. I understand that there are all these point systems, but to my surprise the test I just took only had 3 instead of 4 sections (so the calculations don't add up). Many thanks.
PS I'm applying for the normal undergrad entry :biggrin:
Original post by bluebell786
has anyone done modify mock 3 yet? I did so well in medify mock 2 and got a decent score in the first one, but the third mock was terrible for me!

I did worst in the third one. I actually got worse with every attempt; 676.6 in 1, 666.6 in 2 and 643.3 in number 3. Hope I didn't peak too early. :tongue:
Can someone tell me whether the 1000 UKCAT Qs book is any good?
Or is it rubbish just like the previous 600Q book ?
Original post by Unknown_12345
Hi guys!

I'm really struggling with AR, and often am unable to pick out the right pattern, or pick out any pattern at all. Any tips, or successful strategies?

Thank you! :smile:

I was really struggling with AR few weeks ago however its true the more you do the more you can spot. I use to look at AR and was like I will never understand what the pattern relationships are. So now for e.g I am looking for when patterns are anti clockwise, shading, size, number of sides etc and Ive picked it up . I now need to just start working on my timing.

Im really struggling with QR wish that was the one they missed off for this year ha:smile:
heeey guys
i did my ukcat today and bleh it was okay lmao like i wanted better but im not too sad about it,
my average was 693 and for sj i got band 1 (yay for band 1)
vr: 540 lmao what a joke but yeah i got huge ass passages like wtf i was so mad during the test, and also i hate reading and im a super slow reader but still during my practice i got 650 ish so this saddened me :frown:
ar: 650 ok this one also during my practice i got better than that so was kinda disappointed, but everything was really vague.
qr: 890 math is just my strong subject

anw i used medify and the 600 q book, so if anyone has question feel free to ask!
also im an international student.
Original post by bulkybros100
Can someone tell me whether the 1000 UKCAT Qs book is any good?
Or is it rubbish just like the previous 600Q book ?

Pretty good since it has been updated, But on the hard side for AR..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Whoknowswhy
Pretty good since it has been updated, But on the hard side for AR..

I thought it was good too. AR is hard but then again some of us had some hard AR stuff at the exam. It's good to get techniques though, but perhaps best to do it untimed and then use something like Medify for computer practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending