The Student Room Group

BLM protestors block entry to Heathrow and Birmingham airports

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _4everfaithful__
Are you actually DUMB? As a black person I have experienced racism and prejudice. These issues happen STILL...very disappointed

Well personally I don't feel that there is racism n prejudice against black people in the UK anymore. Some isolated incidents that you have experienced doesn't mean that there is a wider problem.
Although I disagree with what they're doing at Heathrow and Birmingham
Original post by Trapz99
Well personally I don't feel that there is racism n prejudice against black people in the UK anymore. Some isolated incidents that you have experienced doesn't mean that there is a wider problem.

There isn't any in London. But when I moved to Lancashire there was graffiti saying "Kill the blacks". We moved back to London...
Original post by Trapz99
I hope you're not trying to say that black people are less intelligent. All races are equally intelligent.

Might be wrong but I suspect this has more to do with poverty levels and education than actual physical, tangible genetic differences.

In the US at least black people are more likely to live in poverty and have a lower standard of education - in the UK the poor, white male demographic has the worst education levels (and presumably lowest IQ).

Any data on this is probably misleading because of the sheer difference in population size and spread.
Original post by Trapz99
I hope you're not trying to say that black people are less intelligent. All races are equally intelligent.

Yeah, not wasting my time on this except to say as much. Go to google and do a quick search, your claptrap is easily falsified and mine is public knowledge. Type in 'black crime London' or 'intelligence hereditary' or 'racial IQ gap'...sigh, I've to go get ready to go out, do some reading on the issue.
Blocking up airports is a stupid thing to do, all it does is discredit your message. What does Heathrow have to do with their message? Naff all.

All my respect lost to these utter hooligans. If they genuinely believe they're facing discrimination there's little point it provoking more. Stop disrupting everyone else's lives.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Being genetically different doesn't mean inferior, and we know that the differences are genetic, evolution isn't a ladder system it's a branched network.

Would you say different breeds of canine are superior to others, is a Chiwawa superior to a Alsatian or a wolf is superior to a Doberman. No, they are genetically different canines that better suited to certain environments and situations.

You could train a chiwawa to be a guard dog or a wolf to be a house pet, but one isn't superior because it is genetically better suited to certain things. Likewise;

Lower IQ and higher testosterone creates higher crime rates among black communities, it also resigns the vast majority to the lower economic classes in a capitalist society that favors intelligence.

Does it make our society inherently racist, given that intelligence/IQ is race correlated I would say yes.

But it's not something we can compromise on.

This is pure racism. You're literally saying that blacks are not as clever as whites. You've said slightly offensive, right-wing things in the past but this is actual racist white-supremacist rhetoric.
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Yeah, not wasting my time on this except to say as much. Go to google and do a quick search, your claptrap is easily falsified and mine is public knowledge. Type in 'black crime London' or 'intelligence hereditary' or 'racial IQ gap'...sigh, I've to go get ready to go out, do some reading on the issue.

Well you made some very bold claims. I would expect you to either provide evidence yourself which shows that black people commit 60-70% of violent crimes and that they are less intelligent. The burden of proof lies with the one who makes the initial claim, i.e. you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _4everfaithful__
There isn't any in London. But when I moved to Lancashire there was graffiti saying "Kill the blacks". We moved back to London...

That's probably just an isolated incident. That doesn't mean that Lancashire has a problem with racism.
Original post by Tempest II
I have some sympathy for BLM protesters in the USA: I do think there's some issues there regarding white cops & black men (and not just because black men are more likely to come into contact with the police).

But my sympathy totally stops when it comes to Mark Duggan - he was a known gang affiliate with drug links and was in possession of a hand gun. The Armed Police in the UK are subject to very strict regulations; you can't even draw you firearm without requiring paperwork to be filled in retrospectively. It's an absolute world apart when compared to the American police force.

Protests like this aren't going to win them any friends.

This.

We aren't the USA and Mark Duggan met the end that a lot of people leading that life do if they don't end up in prison.

The people rioting in "protest" in 2011 were looting to enrich themselves not fight discrimination.
I wonder if the public/police response to this will actually give them something to whine about
They are the definition of over privileged and ungrateful. Families saved thousands of pounds to go on holiday and they think they can disrupt it just like that. The police should have just arrested them as soon as they approached the situation.

I personally support BLM in the USA but just the idea of it. I don't agree with any of there actions where they hold ordinary people hostage for things that have nothing to do with them.
There is alot of ignorance on this thread. Some posts are plain racist.

Although I am not in support of BLM supporters blocking roads to Heathrow, I support the inherent view that black lives matter, whether in the UK or the US. It does not mean that other lives matter less, but that black lives matter.

Some of the campaigns about BLM has to do with insitiutionalised racism, discrimination or bigotry. We have some examples on this thread. I think it is ignorant to say that racism does not occur in the UK. You need to get off your high horse and visit some of the most deprived areas of the UK. It may not be as high or visible as in the US, but it still exists.

Also, just because a movement starts in a particular country does not mean that it cannot spread to other countries. If that is the case, why are people still campaigning in the UK about Russia's treatment of homosexuals in Russia?

What people should do, is to go out and speak to people, expand their viewpoint and see how things are. You cannot live in your small world, be on TSR and assume that the world is the way you see it.
Original post by Wired_1800
There is alot of ignorance on this thread. Some posts are plain racist.

Although I am not in support of BLM supporters blocking roads to Heathrow, I support the inherent view that black lives matter, whether in the UK or the US. It does not mean that other lives matter less, but that black lives matter.

Some of the campaigns about BLM has to do with insitiutionalised racism, discrimination or bigotry. We have some examples on this thread. I think it is ignorant to say that racism does not occur in the UK. You need to get off your high horse and visit some of the most deprived areas of the UK. It may not be as high or visible as in the US, but it still exists.

Also, just because a movement starts in a particular country does not mean that it cannot spread to other countries. If that is the case, why are people still campaigning in the UK about Russia's treatment of homosexuals in Russia?

What people should do, is to go out and speak to people, expand their viewpoint and see how things are. You cannot live in your small world, be on TSR and assume that the world is the way you see it.

Nah, I don't buy that. I just see a lot of attention seekers desperately wanting to be relevant.
Original post by Trinculo
Nah, I don't buy that. I just see a lot of attention seekers desperately wanting to be relevant.

Like I said, I don't support those supporters blocking roads to Heathrow. However, we should recognise that things are not perfect.

The UK is not perfectly equal and we should not pretend that things are perfect.
My mum just come from there the fools
And what are they shutting down? WHat are they protesting?
Original post by Wired_1800
Like I said, I don't support those supporters blocking roads to Heathrow. However, we should recognise that things are not perfect.

The UK is not perfectly equal and we should not pretend that things are perfect.

Equally, it's nowhere near as bad as these attention seekers are making out.

Come on, they're so desperate that their poster children are the least sympathetic people ever.

If you took a bunch of black people in the US (where, let's face it there are serious serious problems with law enforcement) and brought them here and showed them what people are doing here - do you think they would be impressed, or pissed off that there's people here basically minimizing their plight?

BLM UK is so desperate that their headlining social media doesn't stand up to the merest scrutiny.

How is this helping anyone?
Original post by JamesN88
This.

We aren't the USA and Mark Duggan met the end that a lot of people leading that life do if they don't end up in prison.

The people rioting in "protest" in 2011 were looting to enrich themselves not fight discrimination.

I'm not gonna lie I looted as well and it weren't even my problem lol but it's called a RIOT so that's kinda what you do, you break and nick **** with scarves and ballies on because you're fed up and don't care what happens. I'm sure it went from a momentary political statement to opportunism. But that's kinda the point, the looting was tertiary to the arson and unrest.

Come on, they're so desperate that their poster children are the least sympathetic people ever.

If you took a bunch of black people in the US (where, let's face it there are serious serious problems with law enforcement) and brought them here and showed them what people are doing here - do you think they would be impressed, or pissed off that there's people here basically minimizing their plight?

BLM UK is so desperate that their headlining social media doesn't stand up to the merest scrutiny.

I reiterate that I don't support what those supporters did at Heathrow. However, one cannot just casually dismiss the Black Lives Matter movement as a nuisance.

There is a deeper meaning to BLM and the point is to recognize it. During the Civil Rights Movement, they were also classed as being a nuisance or even anti-white.

Now, people recognise that the period or the Jim Crow era was a dark time in race relations.

lol exactly! I've said it before, if they really cared about their lives and others they'd get a degree and jobs and make true difference and contributions to their community :rolleyes: These mother****ers are just "doing it for the vine"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending