The Student Room Group

BLM protestors block entry to Heathrow and Birmingham airports

Scroll to see replies

Whyy whyy whyyy? Where on earth has this desperation for people to want to be victims come from? Desperation to declare you are oppressed and the world is stacked against you?

I am genuinely embarassed for these people.. protesting at UK police who are possibly the most benign and restrained police force in the world??? Nothing like the hoardes of black youths stabbing each other and fighting over territory in London because they have sightly different post codes. OPEN YOUR EYES FFS

"And they say its the white man i should fear, but its my own kind doing all the killing here"
Original post by Wired_1800
I reiterate that I don't support what those supporters did at Heathrow. However, one cannot just casually dismiss the Black Lives Matter movement as a nuisance.

There is a deeper meaning to BLM and the point is to recognize it. During the Civil Rights Movement, they were also classed as being a nuisance or even anti-white.

Now, people recognise that the period or the Jim Crow era was a dark time in race relations.

I understand what the grievances are and to a limited extent, I agree with some of them. However, I have almost no sympathy for them (in the UK). Just as I don't have any particular sympathy with "alllivesmatter", BLM in the UK I see as almost being insulting.

In the States, there is a big problem. Black people are being shot by law enforcement disproportionately and sometimes seemingly without reason.

In the UK, some people feel they have to jump on this bandwagon -and as a headlining example have outlined the plight of career criminals shot in the process of criminal acts - and this is the best they can do.

In the US, they bring up the carer who was shot on the ground next to his patient. In the UK, BLM are highlighting a man shot in the process of breaking another criminal out of custody in an armed raid. Really?

For my money, all BLM UK are doing is undermining their own cause by turning people against them and highlighting the deficiencies of their cause celebres
This pathetic bunch of people should have been dispersed through the use of rubber bullets and water cannons. So that people could get to the airport on time.
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
This pathetic bunch of people should have been dispersed through the use of rubber bullets and water cannons. So that people could get to the airport on time.

We haven't got any water cannons. The old Mayor bought some after the riots - was told he wasn't allowed to use them and the new Mayor has sold them.
It wouldn't surprise me if #BlackLivesMatter were Graccite mobs.
If this continues and the police don't do anything, I hope someone will organise counter-protests to clear them out
I couldn't give a f**k why people are protesting, there's no way a group of 10 should be able to block a motorway and access to an airport for more than the length of time it takes to get the police there to move them.
Original post by _4everfaithful__
Are you actually DUMB? As a black person I have experienced racism and prejudice. These issues happen STILL...very disappointed

Like wuh? If I were black I'd rather live here tbh than psh anywhere. In US it's ok as well despite media over exaggerating things. As much racism as a black will get in the civilised world is implicit, like not wanting to be your friend or something. Thankfully being shot down and beaten for nowt is excuse the pun but a minority. It's not happening here so I don't know why they're wasting time embarrassing themselves. I'm gonna say it everywhere I go: if you as a black want your life to be better than do better things and stop complaining, even if there's something to complain about. If someone actually does refuse you entry, or a job, or something as a human being and civil rights that you deserve then come out with your picket signs and going to court, etc. Making a mockery of the civil rights movement, tell your people, all your friends, it takes piss. Seriously.
Original post by Trinculo
We haven't got any water cannons. The old Mayor bought some after the riots - was told he wasn't allowed to use them and the new Mayor has sold them.

That sucks. Now would have been a good time to practice with them.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Whyy whyy whyyy? Where on earth has this desperation for people to want to be victims come from? Desperation to declare you are oppressed and the world is stacked against you?

I am genuinely embarassed for these people.. protesting at UK police who are possibly the most benign and restrained police force in the world??? Nothing like the hoardes of black youths stabbing each other and fighting over territory in London because they have sightly different post codes. OPEN YOUR EYES FFS

"And they say its the white man i should fear, but its my own kind doing all the killing here"

You said it mate
Original post by JamesN88
I couldn't give a f**k why people are protesting, there's no way a group of 10 should be able to block a motorway and access to an airport for more than the length of time it takes to get the police there to move them.

I wasn't justifying the shutdown protests, I was just saying about the 2011 riots why looting was happening
I reiterate that I don't support what those supporters did at Heathrow. However, one cannot just casually dismiss the Black Lives Matter movement as a nuisance.

There is a deeper meaning to BLM and the point is to recognize it. During the Civil Rights Movement, they were also classed as being a nuisance or even anti-white.

Now, people recognise that the period or the Jim Crow era was a dark time in race relations.

Lmao this couldn't hold a bloody candle to the civil rights mvmt. There was actually something worth fighting for because they didn't have civil rights and just came outta not having human rights aka slavery. Now? Psh. Just making noise. It's a mockery, I'm sick of it. Can't wait till school starts so they can have something to do lol
Original post by _4everfaithful__
There isn't any in London. But when I moved to Lancashire there was graffiti saying "Kill the blacks". We moved back to London...

Sure buddy

I went to London once and 400 black men attacked me and called me honky
Original post by 0to100
I wasn't justifying the shutdown protests, I was just saying about the 2011 riots why looting was happening

I didn't see your reply on the other page, no notification for some reason.

That post was just a general rant.:smile:

(Sort your buggy af site out TSR)
Original post by JamesN88
I didn't see your reply on the other page, no notification for some reason.

(Sort your buggy af site out TSR)

Didn't see this either...not tryna refresh all day...

The civil rights movement was about black people having civil rights and equality, yano not being treated like underclass scum.

Here in the UK a couple of black criminals (Who made lives for everyone arround them miserable) got shot trying to evade arrest or cause harm to others just as happens to white scumbag criminals endangering others and profiting from their misery

How is it comparable. MLK would be turning in his grave at the stupidity of you all
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by ABadManTing
BLM was created in USA because cops shoot them, was it not? So what the hell are they doing here???

Mate, the police in the UK are just as racist. Police brutality against blacks in the UK is a very real problem.
Reply 57
Although I am not in support of BLM supporters blocking roads to Heathrow

All Travellers Matter .....

Get the attention-seeking f**kwits out of the way
Reply 58
Original post by Wōden
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3725050/Black-lives-matter-protesters-block-road-Heathrow-airport.html

Do these fools honestly think this stunt is going to garner more public support for their already tarnished image?

Fat that there are white people saying there is no need for BLM in the UK, is actually all the more reason why there is a need for BLM in the UK.
Original post by Virgil.
Mate, the police in the UK are just as racist. Police brutality against blacks in the UK is a very real problem.

ikr. Look at the racist white LAPD in Nottingham treating this woman like a piece of meat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending