The Student Room Group

BLM protestors block entry to Heathrow and Birmingham airports

Scroll to see replies

[video="youtube;i21HcugW_kI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i21HcugW_kI[/video]
Reply 81
Original post by 1010marina
BLM should be looked down on as the hooligans they have proved themselves to be multiple times.

A proper protest group that don't meaninglessly cause violence or disrupt day to day life would go down better and be a lot more respected.

How many people couldn't get to their job, missed a job interview, a family holiday or a business trip because of these scum. I'm appalled.

The movement needs to distance itself from this meaningless disruption and reform as a more respectable group to be taken seriously. Join the police force. Look at going into politics. Just don't suport this hooliganism. It's the riots all over again. The minute this type of thing happens the campaign loses credibility and support...

You should change your username to 10 out of 10 marina for that response :smile:

Bang on
Reply 82
I'm failing to see what they are protesting over? At least in America where I still disagree with the overall movement some actual motives are clear such as questionable police shootings. I think people just saw the protests in America, thought it was trendy and didn't want to be left out tbf.
[video="youtube;XT-YYWbcfhc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT-YYWbcfhc[/video]
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Sure buddy

I went to London once and 400 black men attacked me and called me honky

Sure buddy to you too
Reply 85
bunch of idiots. hope they get arrested and fined.
Reply 86
Original post by Wired_1800
What does "GLWTP" mean?

www.lmgtfy.com
oh my god

What I meant is that it would be borderline offensive to dismiss the sufferings of black people as non-existent.

The sufferings of black people is the inherent idea that BLM are trying to push forward. It is unforunate that certain radical cells in BLM (like in every movement whether gender, religious or racial) decide to hijack the movement and push extreme views.

If women are campaigning against rape and there are small cells in the campaigns performing or encouraging extreme acts like those of the feminazis, does it mean that women rights or fights against rape should be ignored?

I think it is similar to racial inequality or discrimination. Like I wrote before, I am against the actions of the BLM supporters, who blocked roads at Heathrow. However, I support the inherent idea or campaign to raise awareness about injustices against black people.

It does not mean that there are no injustices done to other racial groups, but the black community have chosen to fight against injustices done to them.
I think there are 3 groups of people, who have views on this issue.

The first group are those, who are completely racist. Whatever you say about black people or discimination, they will argue with you to their death that it does not exist.

The second group are those in the middle. The silent majority. They know that there are many problems, but they are either too scared too speak out or too weak to do anything.

The third group are those at the other end. They will support BLM whatever the consequence.

BLM supporters are trying to raise awareness to group 2. There is no point talking to the racists (like those on this thread).

I have some really bad news for you. You are the 1%

The top two groups 99% disagree with you (Racists)

This will be a shock to you because you are in a protective bubble and as you have demonstrated dont like having your views challenged and held up to scrutiny
(edited 7 years ago)
There is alot of ignorance on this thread. Some posts are plain racist.

Although I am not in support of BLM supporters blocking roads to Heathrow, I support the inherent view that black lives matter, whether in the UK or the US. It does not mean that other lives matter less, but that black lives matter.

Some of the campaigns about BLM has to do with insitiutionalised racism, discrimination or bigotry. We have some examples on this thread. I think it is ignorant to say that racism does not occur in the UK. You need to get off your high horse and visit some of the most deprived areas of the UK. It may not be as high or visible as in the US, but it still exists.

Also, just because a movement starts in a particular country does not mean that it cannot spread to other countries. If that is the case, why are people still campaigning in the UK about Russia's treatment of homosexuals in Russia?

What people should do, is to go out and speak to people, expand their viewpoint and see how things are. You cannot live in your small world, be on TSR and assume that the world is the way you see it.

Institutionalised*
In the UK? Where?

No-one is denying racism exists, but not on the scale you've fooled yourself into believing.
I have some really bad news for you. You are the 1%

The top two groups 99% disagree with you (Racists)

This will be a shock to you because you are in a protective bubble and as you have demonstrated dont like having your views challenged and held up to scrutiny

Okay
Original post by HucktheForde
da***? i thought BLM is an american thing?

So did i!

What a beautiful place it was.
Original post by F.Nietzsche
Institutionalised*
In the UK? Where?

No-one is denying racism exists, but not on the scale you've fooled yourself into believing.

Okay.
I think there are 3 groups of people, who have views on this issue.

The first group are those, who are completely racist. Whatever you say about black people or discimination, they will argue with you to their death that it does not exist.

The second group are those in the middle. The silent majority. They know that there are many problems, but they are either too scared too speak out or too weak to do anything.

The third group are those at the other end. They will support BLM whatever the consequence.

BLM supporters are trying to raise awareness to group 2. There is no point talking to the racists (like those on this thread).

This is the new activism.

"Anyone who disagrees with me is a racist"
Reply 94
It's times like these that we need the armed police to come in and drag them from the road and shoot them if they try to resist they're disrupting the peace for a BS cause that doesn't even affect the UK. What have they achieved? More hatred for people of ethnic minorities who've caused people to miss flights to holidays and stopped people getting to work. If you want to protest do it at 10 Downing street, leave us innocent working and middle class people alone.
Okay

BLM Supporters: We damandss the sufferings of our black people STOP! Until every single one of us has ferraris and yachts our sufferings wont end at the white man

Everyone else: "Black people arent suffering though"

BLM supporters: "OKAY"
Reply 96
What I meant is that it would be borderline offensive to dismiss the sufferings of black people as non-existent.

The sufferings of black people is the inherent idea that BLM are trying to push forward. It is unforunate that certain radical cells in BLM (like in every movement whether gender, religious or racial) decide to hijack the movement and push extreme views.

If women are campaigning against rape and there are small cells in the campaigns performing or encouraging extreme acts like those of the feminazis, does it mean that women rights or fights against rape should be ignored?

I think it is similar to racial inequality or discrimination. Like I wrote before, I am against the actions of the BLM supporters, who blocked roads at Heathrow. However, I support the inherent idea or campaign to raise awareness about injustices against black people.

It does not mean that there are no injustices done to other racial groups, but the black community have chosen to fight against injustices done to them.

You see, this is a good example of where self-righteous people make themselves look silly. They jump on any post(er) that seemingly questions 'the cause' and labels them a racist.

In the post I've quoted you've made several sensible points that you did not make before and now come across as fairly reasonable.

Well done. Better late than never I suppose
Original post by BobSausage
It's times like these that we need the armed police to come in and drag them from the road and shoot them if they try to resist they're disrupting the peace for a BS cause that doesn't even affect the UK. What have they achieved? More hatred for people of ethnic minorities who've caused people to miss flights to holidays and stopped people getting to work. If you want to protest do it at 10 Downing street, leave us innocent working and middle class people alone.

If you have "hatred" for people of ethnic minorities because of what a handful of people did. I'm afraid, but you have a problem.
Reply 98
BLM Supporters: We damandss the sufferings of our black people STOP! Until every single one of us has ferraris and yachts our sufferings wont end at the white man

Shouldn't "OKAY" be "No comment" :smile:

I don't think we had such a conversation, but whatever helps you to sleep at night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending