The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

WOOH! Applied to GS and CS early, and did the numerical test a few days ago. CS contacted me to schedule an interview already!
Original post by MDmcDeeezeNuts
WOOH! Applied to GS and CS early, and did the numerical test a few days ago. CS contacted me to schedule an interview already!

Oh wow you're early. How did you find the tests? Were they similar for both? Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Oh wow you're early. How did you find the tests? Were they similar for both? Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they're not too difficult. I managed to finish with 9 minutes left, but I think I got stuck on the last question for a good while. Good luck with your apps!!!
Original post by MDmcDeeezeNuts
Yeah they're not too difficult. I managed to finish with 9 minutes left, but I think I got stuck on the last question for a good while. Good luck with your apps!!!

Was the email asking for tests automatic?
I have been flagged as a duplicate account because I had an account with them fro last year's application round, so I'm not receiving anything :/ I've emailed them to see if they can solve it - hoping for the best.
Woah that's early, I'm going to wait until I start university to apply because I want the careers advice and things they provide
Original post by Ganja_Saurus
Woah that's early, I'm going to wait until I start university to apply because I want the careers advice and things they provide

Some of us are at a 4 year course that's why we applied already (we're starting second year) :smile:
Original post by Trapz99
How exceptional do you have to be? Is it in terms of the extra curriculars you do or academics?

participation in sw, recommendations, likeability
Original post by RWiz
Must be in terms of EC's. Academic excellence is 16-17 year old PhD students, not the average Joe Doe with perfect grades in high school and the first year of uni studying easy business degrees, haha. There's thousand of such.

It depends how you define 'excellence' I guess.

I think defining it as 16-17 year old PhD students is a bit extreme.

If you're at Oxbridge/LSE/ICL then you're probably in the top 1-5% of academic achievers in the country. That's excellent in my opinion.
Original post by anonwinner
It depends how you define 'excellence' I guess.

I think defining it as 16-17 year old PhD students is a bit extreme.

If you're at Oxbridge/LSE/ICL then you're probably in the top 1-5% of academic achievers in the country. That's excellent in my opinion.

I'd say excellence in terms of both academia and extra curricula

Posted from TSR Mobile
When do applications open?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gman786
When do applications open?

I believe a significant number of apps have opened

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
I believe a significant number of apps have opened

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which?
If you're from Oxbridge, LSE, ICL, UCL apparently that's the Big 5 or something like that, then you are in a target university so I think those are academic excellence, but it honestly doesn't matter because you have to stand out from the crowd so in order to do that you must do extra curricular things or any internships or past work experience would help for your chosen programme
If you're from Oxbridge, LSE, ICL, UCL apparently that's the Big 5 or something like that, then you are in a target university so I think those are academic excellence, but it honestly doesn't matter because you have to stand out from the crowd so in order to do that you must do extra curricular things or any internships or past work experience would help for your chosen programme

big 6* warwick is in there.

And this whole convo about academic excellence is a bit useless imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Academic excellence is pretty irrelevant here. Someone on a AAB course at a target is hardly more academically excellent than someone on an A*A*A course at a semi but it's being at a target that matters.
Original post by Princepieman
big 6* warwick is in there.

And this whole convo about academic excellence is a bit useless imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. As long as your at a target uni its hard to differentiate between candidates who do well, as, most will do - if its data science or economics at warwick, is irrelevant. I'm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sikhanddestroy
I was worried about the degree. Just seems like everyone doing into IB has a quantitative degree. So is it not preferred to humanities or is it just a matter of university (the better the university, the less degree matters)

Dw, seen people with languages and fine art in one example. Just be conscience of learning about the sector
Original post by Terry Tibbs
Academic excellence is pretty irrelevant here. Someone on a AAB course at a target is hardly more academically excellent than someone on an A*A*A course at a semi but it's being at a target that matters.

No it doesn't.
Original post by President J
No it doesn't.
What "doesn't"?
What else are you guys gonna apply to? Other than Investment Banks