The Student Room Group

Do straight guys actually want monogamous relationships

Probably just my experience but guys are actually just in relationships for sex either that or they claim just to want sex to be macho and all erw 'feelings/emotions/love gross... what even are those concepts?'.

Tell me? I feel like there's no hope for us girls... you've not inspired me thus far.

Are you guys actually capable of loving us? Is it mostly about the sex?

Scroll to see replies

Simply put; Yes, we are capable.
Original post by Anonymous
Probably just my experience but guys are actually just in relationships for sex either that or they claim just to want sex to be macho and all erw 'feelings/emotions/love gross... what even are those concepts?'.

Tell me? I feel like there's no hope for us girls... you've not inspired me thus far.

I definitely do, I just want someone I can be myself with
What's a relationship?

Ofc. You just havent met the right one. Keep ob going and when he isnt what you want move on.
A relationship is more important than sex to me. Just because men like sex more than women, it doesn't mean we don't have feelings for the other's emotions. I've been in a relationship for over a year and I'm with her because, not to sound too lovey, she's a lot of fun to be with.
You can't blame all men for the few dbags you've had the pleasure of meeting. If all of us were as judgemental as you I doubt any of is would get married
Reply 7
Meh. One could argue men are the more romantic than women.
On that note..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUH34iqK7cI :tongue:
Yeah it's just hard to maintain it seems

They do exist! .... I think?...
Yes. Having 2 women would overwhelm me. Don't understand how these saudi dons with 10 spouses cope with their lives.
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Meh. One could argue men are the more romantic than women.
On that note..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUH34iqK7cI :tongue:

It's depressing how true this is.

Go to Italy, I'm sure you'll like the men there.
Yes absolutely, why wouldn't we? You're being very stereotypical.
Reply 14
I think the need for relationships is equal. A proportion of men and women at some point prefer casual sex or short term relationships.

YES, we are capable you just have to find the right one who wants love too, not just sex .
Reply 16
Yes of course we are, it's just your experience. Some younger and immature guys might be all about just sex and being macho, but they'll grow up eventually, I can't imagine ever being in or wanting a polyamorous relationship personally.

Back when i was younger then yeah, it was more about having sex with a hot girl who i liked in a friendly way than any real emotional connection. Hence why i moved through them pretty quickly.

Once i got to 22 or so though my mentality changed somewhat and nowadays i have come to view loyalty as one of the most important traits a person can possess (in the case of a woman, that means keeping her thong on and not being weak when drunk) so yeah.

I'd go so far as saying that nowadays i'd ditch a girl on the spot if she so much as kissed another girl.
I think there comes a point where you want more from life, men are human just like women although it may take time to become clear as you've probably noticed lol but things like marriage signifies our importance to someone and many people crave that feeling of importance to someone, most man will at some point
Want ..... well......... not if we had the actual choice.

But We're perfectly capable of having monogamous relationships.

Quick Reply

Latest