The Student Room Group

What subject result are you most worried about?

I'm dying and hoping my history is A* because i 100% want to take it at A level but after the hitler paper i'm not so sure, it was mainly a skill based paper which didnt require much of the content :redface:

what subject do you really not care about?

I dont give two poops about physics, makes no sense to me so it's only right if i get a C or something

Scroll to see replies

Not too worried about it but English language. I'm predicted an A* but I felt pretty sick during the exam and did rush through it, though I know I've got at least a B since I'm not illiterate.
Original post by 34908seikj
Not too worried about it but English language. I'm predicted an A* but I felt pretty sick during the exam and did rush through it, though I know I've got at least a B since I'm not illiterate.
Lol the " illiterae" part of your comment was a bit harsh. But i get what you mean overall
Reply 3
Do you need an A* to take it at A Level? Would seem harsh.
I'm terrified over maths. I need AAA for uni and I think my maths might've just missed that *cries*

Best of luck to everyone!
Is this about A Levels or GCSEs?
Original post by honour
Is this about A Levels or GCSEs?

GCSEs sorry XD my bad
Statistics, I'm sort of lingering in between A and A*, i'd really like the latter.
Biology.

It's the subject I want to get an A* in the most, but after taking AQA's weird B1 exam I'm slightly worried... :s-smilie:
Even though I don't need it, I'm scared to see what I got for English lit considering I didn't finish one of the papers and misunderstood a question :s-smilie: Pretty scared to see what I got in English language too, I hated that exam :colonhash:

I don't really care about any of the sciences tbh. I would be happy with C's in all of them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
Do you need an A* to take it at A Level? Would seem harsh.

yes of course...for me anyways. History will be an exception though, i'll let it slide if i get a B >_> but i'll probably whine about it for years to come
GCSEs won't seem like a big deal anymore when you're studying for A Levels.
Don't get too wound up about it, I took history to AS level and I only got an A in GCSE history (after a disastrous controlled assessment that left me with a C >.>) and at college, no one cares because A-Level history is totally different.

How's self teaching AS maths going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
But to answer your question - I'm quite worried about my bio and chem because I did badly in my mocks (D's) and I need to do well. I'm also worried about Maths because C1 and C2 completely screwed me over T_T. I think I'm fairly confident with history though because I finished it and will most likely get a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nomophobia
Don't get too wound up about it, I took history to AS level and I only got an A in GCSE history (after a disastrous controlled assessment that left me with a C >.>:wink: and at college, no one cares because A-Level history is totally different.

How's self teaching AS maths going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's going fine, i'm getting by good understanding topics...but i havent got time to do practice questions so i'll have to go over it all over again of course :redface: i just got differientation left and that's C1 done :woo: might do a bit of C2 before summer finished.
your CA was a C and you still got an A? that's amazing, you must have done well on the other papers :hoppy: it's just hitler's paper im worried about so i might get a good overall after all :biggrin:
At A2, biology, but the universities I've applied to do not require it and I have other subjects to fall back on with an alternative offer from both my firm and insurance :biggrin:
AS intruder here.

Geography as I already know that I've lost around 15% of the marks due to carelessness.

Also Mechanics 2 maths module because that was a paper forged in the fires of hell.
Politics. I thought I did well this year, but I thought the same last year and didn't get the grade I wanted :frown:

Edit: Whoops sorry I'm A2 lol
I'm impressed! And don't stress, because you already know the topics, you'll be fine in class when everyone else is confused over differentiation :biggrin: And don't bother with C2, some of it is the kind of maths that's requires a lot of practice questions to fully get the hang of (logs)
Thanks! :biggrin:
And I can't relate but you'll most likely be fine, GCSES are a toss.
Posted from TSR Mobile
All of them apart from Maths.
As each day goes on, I keep feeling like I've done worse and worse.

Mostly worried about English Lit and Lang though because my time management was appalling and so some of my answers were genuinely the worst things I have ever produced :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest