The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Science

Hey guys I was wondering how much ums points were needed in order to get an A in gcse ocr science. I mean say if you got three bs in your exams and an A in your coursework is it possible to get an A in Gcse science overall?
Original post by Miss Studious
Hey guys I was wondering how much ums points were needed in order to get an A in gcse ocr science. I mean say if you got three bs in your exams and an A in your coursework is it possible to get an A in Gcse science overall?

Firstly, is this Core, Additional or Triple? Also, is this 21st C science?
Its twenty first century science and its additional.

Give me the weighting of each component of the GCSE along with the total number of UMS marks in the GCSE

Usually it's 25% for each component.

And you'd need 80% UMS overall do get an A.

So if it was out of 400 UMS, you'd need 320 UMS marks. If it was 600, you'd need 480 and so on...

If you had 3Bs and 1A you would get a B overall (Assuming the 3 exams and 1 coursework piece all have equal weightings).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Okay so the ums overall is out of 400 and I am thinking that I will get one high b and the two other bs will not be too high but not very low either like in middle. Also, I got a low a in my coursework.
Okay so the ums overall is out of 400 and I am thinking that I will get one high b and the two other bs will not be too high but not very low either like in middle. Also, I got a low a in my coursework.

So you need 320 UMS marks.
Any idea what mark the low A was? I'll assume it to be 82 marks, for now

Which means you'd need 79.333... UMS marks in your other 3 exams to get an A. That's the equivalent to 3 really high Bs. So I'm afraid you may have gotten a B overall.
Reply 6
Here is the ums converter from last year boundries you may find out if you have a chance to get an A:http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/convert-raw-marks-to-ums/.Normally you need 320/400 80% ums marks.
My raw mark for my coursework was 54. Anyway thanks for the info. :-)

Quick Reply

Latest