The Student Room Group

BLM protestors block entry to Heathrow and Birmingham airports

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3725050/Black-lives-matter-protesters-block-road-Heathrow-airport.html

Protesters from the Black Lives Matter campaign brought transport routes around the UK to a standstill this morning as part of their campaign for a 'nationwide shutdown'.

Pictures tweeted by angry motorists and air passengers show a banner unfurled across the approach road to Heathrow airport's terminals one, two and three this morning.

Protests have also targeted Birmingham airport and the tram system in Nottingham during what the group called a 'nationwide shutdown'.

Do these fools honestly think this stunt is going to garner more public support for their already tarnished image?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

6-7% of London's population and 60-70& of all violent crimes, and here are their communities out in force to blame us, the people that allowed them to come here and prosper and benefit from our institutions that our ancestors built and sacrificed to create.

It begs the question, though, if we are so unfair and racist then why are their kinsmen currently flooding our country by land/air/and sea to get in ?

They don't know what true discrimination is, they have spent all their lives in lefty academia being told that evil white people are holding them back and that evil white people owe them, that they are really great and would be so much better off if it weren't for all this 'discrimination' keeping them from achieving great things.
BLM was created in USA because cops shoot them, was it not? So what the hell are they doing here???
Serial protestors most of them I suspect (especially judging by their methods of chaining themselves together, fairly typical to cause maximum disruption because difficult to remove without chopping their arms off...). British police have shot more white people dead than black people since Mark Duggan (4 vs 2). Also nothing compared to the number of police shootings in the USA, I don't get the point they are trying to make.
I have some sympathy for BLM protesters in the USA: I do think there's some issues there regarding white cops & black men (and not just because black men are more likely to come into contact with the police).

But my sympathy totally stops when it comes to Mark Duggan - he was a known gang affiliate with drug links and was in possession of a hand gun. The Armed Police in the UK are subject to very strict regulations; you can't even draw your firearm without requiring paperwork to be filled in retrospectively. It's an absolute world apart when compared to the American police force.

Protests like this aren't going to win them any friends.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HanSoloLuck
6-7% of London's population and 60-70& of all violent crimes, and here are their communities out in force to blame us, the people that allowed them to come here and prosper and benefit from our institutions that our ancestors built and sacrificed to create.

If that stat is true it begs the question how just a society can be if a group is so disenfranchised that the crime rate is high for such a small group of people

Unless you believe black people are genetically inferior somehow but I'm sure youre not that stupid
I'd love to see these clowns go to Arab countries

Then they'll see true discrimination against blacks.

They should be thankful they are here in the West

Posted from TSR Mobile
On the one hand its about civil disobedience and gaining publicity.
On the other hands they are idiots and they will ned up alienating more people from their cause.
Original post by 999tigger
On the one hand its about civil disobedience and gaining publicity.
On the other hands they are idiots and they will ned up alienating more people from their cause.

It's a difficult balance. If you gain 10 new supporters fr every 40 you piss off it might be worth it. I dont know how desperate they are. You see PETA doing this, they make shocking videos and people post of them on twitter and facebook ridiculing them but the very fact they're sharing them means it's worked.

Maybe the fact we're discussing it here means it has worked.
Original post by skeptical_john
It's a difficult balance. If you gain 10 new supporters fr every 40 you piss off it might be worth it. I dont know how desperate they are. You see PETA doing this, they make shocking videos and people post of them on twitter and facebook ridiculing them but the very fact they're sharing them means it's worked.

Maybe the fact we're discussing it here means it has worked.

Thast why I can see both sides, but I think its a poor choice.
Well, this is the natural result of a generation of left-wing me too-ism.

There's drama going on the the US (and not without quite some justification) and some people here just refuse to be left out. They want to feel part of it, so they give themselves such a reach around that they end up with Mark Duggan as their example.
I'm going to Heathrow tomorrow ahh

It begs the question, though, if we are so unfair and racist then why are their kinsmen currently flooding our country by land/air/and sea to get in ?

They don't know what true discrimination is, they have spent all their lives in lefty academia being told that evil white people are holding them back and that evil white people owe them, that they are really great and would be so much better off if it weren't for all this 'discrimination' keeping them from achieving great things.

Where did you get your data from?
Reply 13
When 100% of police killings in the uk this year have been white people I don't think they have a leg to stand on, it shows the intelligence of BLM members.
If they want to talk about a race being disproportionately killed by police in the uk they should be saying white lives matter
Honestly I feel like there is no need for BLM here. Black people are already treated fairly and equally in the UK. It's a different story to the US.
da***? i thought BLM is an american thing?
Who's tarnished image? Elaborate pls
Being genetically different doesn't mean inferior, and we know that the differences are genetic, evolution isn't a ladder system it's a branched network.

Would you say different breeds of canine are superior to others, is a Chiwawa superior to a Alsatian or a wolf is superior to a Doberman. No, they are genetically different canines that better suited to certain environments and situations.

You could train a chiwawa to be a guard dog or a wolf to be a house pet, but one isn't superior because it is genetically better suited to certain things. Likewise;

Lower IQ and higher testosterone creates higher crime rates among black communities, it also resigns the vast majority to the lower economic classes in a capitalist society that favors intelligence.

Does it make our society inherently racist, given that intelligence/IQ is race correlated I would say yes.

But it's not something we can compromise on.

I hope you're not trying to say that black people are less intelligent. All races are equally intelligent.
Original post by Trapz99
Honestly I feel like there is no need for BLM here. Black people are already treated fairly and equally in the UK. It's a different story to the US.

Are you actually DUMB? As a black person I have experienced racism and prejudice. These issues happen STILL...very disappointed
I really don't get protests like these. They have no focus. The way they are protesting isn't symbolic of their plight ( e.g. in the US the BLM protest doing the hands up don't shoot stuff). And because there is no clear agenda from the protesters it just looks like they are causing disruption for the sake of it.

Not a way to gain public support.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending