The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HAnwar
Sadly it's not gonna get any better for Muslims.
Which reminds me, how are you feeling for your flight?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's scary isn't it ? May Allah help us all.

It's pretty soon now inshAllah. I'm less nervous than before, and i guess i just have to do tawakkul. What is written is written and i can't change it.

That emirate's crash landing in Dubai didn't help though :P

Thanks for asking, how are you doing?
Original post by Tawheed

It's pretty soon now inshAllah. I'm less nervous than before, and i guess i just have to do tawakkul. What is written is written and i can't change it.

Make sure that you don't read books in Arabic, persian, urdu or any other funny looking language books> otherwise this may happen:
Woman kicked off flight and questioned by terror police for reading arabic book
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-muslim-woman-detained-terror-laws-syrian-art-book-plane-cabin-crew-faizah-shaheen-a7168751.html
Original post by Tawheed

Ameen.

That's the right attitude to have :yy:

Lol but I don't think there were any serious injuries Alhamdulilah.

Yeah I'm good Alhamdulilah. Just busy with work and stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being on a diet is fun.
Wouldn't mind demolishing 12 samosas right about now
Maybe some mango lassi for afters
And a cheeky biskut
Original post by Al-farhan
Make sure that you don't read books in Arabic, persian, urdu or any other funny looking language books> otherwise this may happen:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-muslim-woman-detained-terror-laws-syrian-art-book-plane-cabin-crew-faizah-shaheen-a7168751.html

Haha I think this is worse

https://youtu.be/5k7_0IR8hBo

@Tawheed just don't do that and you'll be fine ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Haha I think this is worse

https://youtu.be/5k7_0IR8hBo

@Tawheed just don't do that and you'll be fine ^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol
I think this must have been a muslim flight maybe umrah or hajj. Since otherwise the people who don't know/understand what he was doing would be in panic mode.
Lol
I think this must have been a muslim flight maybe umrah or hajj. Since otherwise the people who don't know/understand what he was doing would be in panic mode.

I don't think so lol read the description :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
7+3 is 10. Allah. Al Wadud. 99+1 Allah.
The 2 angels with you all the time. Their Allies of Allah and praise Allah all the time. Remember that.:h::h::h:
Question this my PM
(edited 7 years ago)

I have a few books i am using to learn arabic at the moment, and i was also contemplating taking the Quran on to relax me [the Quran on my Ipad though]. I've changed my mind about that though - even the learning arabic book. I dont think i can even recite Quran softly on the plane , or it might get aborted and forced to land due to 'suspicious behaviour'.

My flight is like thirteen hours as well.
Original post by Tawheed
Brother, it looks like that man in your DP is praying to the Camel :O

I suggest this camel instead:

On a serious note - has anyone here ridden a camel before ? I have, and i tell you brothers/sisters, it is scary when it starts to get up because you think you're going to fall off.

Lool didn't realise that :lol: When the picture was full sized, you could tell the men was behind the camel but cropped and squished, it makes him look he's in front of the camel :K:

That camel is a boss mashAllah. If there is anything that the other brothers can tell you about me is that I love camels - may Allah grant us all 50 camels in Jannah, Ameen.

I have ridden a bactrian very briefly like 15 years ago. The way they got up is so unorthodox - bum up first, then the front legs :colonhash:
Original post by Inve
Being on a diet is fun.
Wouldn't mind demolishing 12 samosas right about now
Maybe some mango lassi for afters
And a cheeky biskut

Change your niyyah to fast; if it has the same effect as dieting, then Alhamdulillah :wink:
Original post by Zamestaneh
x
I have ridden a bactrian very briefly like 15 years ago. The way they got up is so unorthodox - bum up first, then the front legs :colonhash:

Lol, ameen. You can have whatever you wish to have in Jannah, so why only 50 camels if Allah allows us to enter into it?

Do you know they can also sprint quite fast ? InshAllah, one day i would love to try that.

Also, the person who was the guardian of the camel i rode, was able to get the camel to respond to actual language and words. It somehow understood him.
Original post by Tawheed
Lol, ameen. You can have whatever you wish to have in Jannah, so why only 50 camels if Allah allows us to enter into it?

Do you know they can also sprint quite fast ? InshAllah, one day i would love to try that.

Also, the person who was the guardian of the camel i rode, was able to get the camel to respond to actual language and words. It somehow understood him.

Tbh, in Jannah we are unlikely to want what we wanted in the dunya as Allah is making a new creation of things that eyes have never perceived before for us, and our hearts and minds would be purified (and thus different slightly), but Allahu A'lam, perhaps He will grant us camels in Jannah (and in vast number) InshaAllah :holmes:

Almost as fast as horses, if I am correct :beard:

Sounds like my dog apart from cooler lmao
image.png
Guys Rethink something real quick.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OGGUS
image.png
Guys Rethink something requick.
on the other hand, South Africa is a very violent, crime-ridden society

a country of contrasts, undoubtedly
Original post by mariachi
on the other hand, South Africa is a very violent, crime-ridden society

a country of contrasts, undoubtedly

Okay good for you. Your pessimistic as hell.:biggrin:
Original post by Zamestaneh
Tbh, in Jannah we are unlikely to want what we wanted in the dunya as Allah is making a new creation of things that eyes have never perceived before for us, and our hearts and minds would be purified (and thus different slightly), but Allahu A'lam, perhaps He will grant us camels in Jannah (and in vast number) InshaAllah :holmes:

Almost as fast as horses, if I am correct :beard:

Sounds like my dog apart from cooler lmao

Are you sure? This was interesting
What muslim charities do you guys prefer using?

I normally use Islamic Relief. I was thinking about sponsoring an orphan, but wanted to make sure I chose the charity that uses my money the best (especially if I'm going to donate monthly).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OGGUS
Okay good for you. Your pessimistic as hell.:biggrin:
realistic is probably a better definition

in any case, do take care http://www.numbeo.com/crime/country_result.jsp?country=South+Africa

Beware in particular of car and home-jacking

"Of particular concern are home invasion robberies. These crimes are often violent and can occur at any time of day. In many cases, criminals prefer to attack when the occupant is home or arriving/leaving the premises because the residential alarm is off and the occupant can identify where valuables are kept.

Perhaps the most vulnerable chokepoint at any residence is the driveway entrance gate. Criminals attack when victims are waiting for the vehicle gate to open/close. According to SAPS, the majority of carjackings occur when the victim arrives at home and pulls into the driveway; the carjackers pull up behind the victim to block an escape path. Victims who resist or fail to comply with demands may be killed or seriously injured. In many scenarios, robbers force the victim into the house; rob the house of its valuables, and carjack the vehicle."

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=17042

best
Original post by mariachi
realistic is probably a better definition

in any case, do take care http://www.numbeo.com/crime/country_result.jsp?country=South+Africa

Beware in particular of car and home-jacking

"Of particular concern are home invasion robberies. These crimes are often violent and can occur at any time of day. In many cases, criminals prefer to attack when the occupant is home or arriving/leaving the premises because the residential alarm is off and the occupant can identify where valuables are kept.

Perhaps the most vulnerable chokepoint at any residence is the driveway entrance gate. Criminals attack when victims are waiting for the vehicle gate to open/close. According to SAPS, the majority of carjackings occur when the victim arrives at home and pulls into the driveway; the carjackers pull up behind the victim to block an escape path. Victims who resist or fail to comply with demands may be killed or seriously injured. In many scenarios, robbers force the victim into the house; rob the house of its valuables, and carjack the vehicle."

https://www.osac.gov/pages/ContentReportDetails.aspx?cid=17042

best

I do physics. I really can't be asked with this. Look at the time continuum you fool.

Had to be blunt.