The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ffs. Can't believe I played it safe and went with over 1.5 goals in my accumulator. More of the same vs Liverpool next Sunday please.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Who do you guys think is going to be our breakthrough young player this coming season?

Last year it was Iwobi, he is looking very good so far.
Adelaide
Bielek, once we don't sign Mustafi and Gabriel gets injured 2 games into the season.
Reply 8864
Reckon Ramsey is gonna have a banging season

Also reckon the next youngster to make a claim will be Bielek
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Bielek, once we don't sign Mustafi and Gabriel gets injured 2 games into the season.

Gabriel is a bag of dicks anyway.
Original post by swirly
Gabriel is a bag of dicks anyway.

He is terrible. But it's ok cause he's an elite killer from the favelas according to a lot of Arsenal fans on twitter. Mainly 12 year olds who idolise KSI mind.

He is terrible. But it's ok cause he's an elite killer from the favelas according to a lot of Arsenal fans on twitter. Mainly 12 year olds who idolise KSI mind.

Arsenal twitter is convinced Wenger is in for a #Madness, and its either Griezmann or Lewandowski, have you seen it? :rofl:
Original post by swirly
Arsenal twitter is convinced Wenger is in for a #Madness, and its either Griezmann or Lewandowski, have you seen it? :rofl:

Yeah man. It's embarrassing. Going to be hilarious when we end up with no new strikers and Arsenal twitter falls into meltdown. Can already picture Claude's AFTV interview after we get beat by Liverpool (assuming he hasn't killed himself by then).

What happens when I don't tweet and still thinks he's okay.
Original post by SA-1
Reckon Ramsey is gonna have a banging season

Also reckon the next youngster to make a claim will be Bielek

I doubt Ramsey will play very often, he's competing with Wilshere, Elneny etc for the same spot

Yeah, I think Bielik is looking very good for his age.

No comment on Adelaide, not sure on how good he will turn out to be.
Original post by Diego Costa
I doubt Ramsey will play very often, he's competing with Wilshere, Elneny etc for the same spot

Ramsey is Wengers first name on the team sheet. He thinks he has Zidanes second coming when in reality he has Fabregas's autistic brother.
http://www.tv2.no/v/1060816/

Wenger's interview last night. I am pretty convinced now that by what he said "Super luxury" and "waiting for an opportunity/when you get an opportunity you have to take it" that we are not seeing Lacazette as our main target up front, it's a smokescreen surely. I think he is trying to pull a big one, a player that would be a very clear improvement on what we have. If we really wanted Lacazette or Icardi we would have paid the money by now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Welchy
Ramsey is Wengers first name on the team sheet. He thinks he has Zidanes second coming when in reality he has Fabregas's autistic brother.

Arsenal will play three midfielders in the centre of the park. Ozil is a guarantee and he wouldn't have bought Xhaka for so much if he wasn't going to start games. Unless Ramsey has 2013-esque form he'll have to make do with being on the bench a lot.
Reply 8875
Original post by Diego Costa

Ramsey will probably play. Wilshere is actually injured again :rofl:, will probably continue to get injured too. Wenger will prefer Ramsey over Elneny for sure.. So it'll be:

Alexis -- Ozil -- Someone
Xhaka -- Ramsey

That someone will be Theo/Ox/Welbz, or Wenger might play Jack/Santi there. We won't sign Mahrez or Draxler imo.

Ramsey will have a lot more freedom than when he played with Coq because he won't have to drop deep to spread play anymore. So now he can truly be a box to box, and hopefully with the confidence & form that he had at the Euros.
Original post by James.Carnell
http://www.tv2.no/v/1060816/

Wenger's interview last night. I am pretty convinced now that by what he said "Super luxury" and "waiting for an opportunity/when you get an opportunity you have to take it" that we are not seeing Lacazette as our main target up front, it's a smokescreen surely. I think he is trying to pull a big one, a player that would be a very clear improvement on what we have. If we really wanted Lacazette or Icardi we would have paid the money by now.

Lol and who will that stiker be? Seeing as there isn't a better striker than lacazette who would ocnsider joining us?

Honestly, some of our fans are embarrassingly gullible and deluded if they think players like Lewandowski or Griezmann or even Aubameyamg would leave their clubs to join ours, just because some autistic manchild on twitter posts some vague tweets saying we are in for a "madness".
Reply 8877
How is Wilshere always injured yet somehow is miraculously fit for England games?
Original post by leinad2012
Lol and who will that stiker be? Seeing as there isn't a better striker than lacazette who would ocnsider joining us?

Honestly, some of our fans are embarrassingly gullible and deluded if they think players like Lewandowski or Griezmann or even Aubameyamg would leave their clubs to join ours, just because some autistic manchild on twitter posts some vague tweets saying we are in for a "madness".

We're getting someone, no one knows who it could be. And it might not be a striker. All I know is that he is ambitious and likes a bit of a gamble.

Those players you mentioned might not join... but what if someone like James Rodriguez becomes available? Would you turn down a world class player like that who can get better/can play on the wing just because we need a striker?
You know, we do have a track record of drawing top players. It's about availability , as the interview suggests. And as our transfer past suggest, we are not the type of club that can force a player to leave a club (because we can't just bid a 100mill), they have to become available.

We could have attempted to get Ibrah on a free, but our fans would have complained he's too old.
We could have got Vardy but our fans would have said he does not fit Arsenal.
Lacazette? Again... people would complain.

In light of this, I can see why the club would wait until a better option becomes available. If we someone like Batshauyi (sp?) and he turns out ****... then we have wasted millions and have thousands of fans saying we are not ambitious enough. It's madness, people were saying how we should buy Winston Reid to solve our CB problem and that Benteke at £35m would be a great buy. The fans are ****ing aids.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by James.Carnell
We're getting someone, no one knows who it could be. And it might not be a striker. All I know is that he is ambitious and likes a bit of a gamble.

Those players you mentioned might not join... but what if someone like James Rodriguez becomes available? Would you turn down a world class player like that who can get better/can play on the wing just because we need a striker?
You know, we do have a track record of drawing top players. It's about availability , as the interview suggests. And as our transfer past suggest, we are not the type of club that can force a player to leave a club (because we can't just bid a 100mill), they have to become available.

We could have attempted to get Ibrah on a free, but our fans would have complained he's too old.
We could have got Vardy but our fans would have said he does not fit Arsenal.
Lacazette? Again... people would complain.

In light of this, I can see why the club would wait until a better option becomes available. If we someone like Batshauyi (sp?) and he turns out ****... then we have wasted millions and have thousands of fans saying we are not ambitious enough. It's madness, people were saying how we should buy Winston Reid to solve our CB problem and that Benteke at £35m would be a great buy. The fans are ****ing aids.

Oh not another midfielder. And yes, I'd turn James down in favour of a striker. There's no other way - we need a striker. What Wenger is doing is selfish and incompetent. And sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest