The Student Room Group

Brexit block: EU official says €25bn debt means UK can’t leave

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inhuman
I don't want to stay in. I don't give a **** about the UK, in fact I am glad you voted out, because it means getting to watch how everything you imagined will fall to pieces.

And did you even read the article? It's about a funding plan agreed years ago. It's not about "staying in" or not, it's about having signed that contract and about British say research receiving money from the EU.

Get out of UK than, and watch UK improve after the short-term affect of leaving.
Original post by ckfeister
This is why I voted out, corrupt blackmailing EU!

Yes, such corruption being expected to honour our debt!

Sound logic mate. God I hate our country, people like you are so entitled.
Original post by Inexorably
Oh no it's almost as if it would be completely unfair to bugger off and leave a €25 billion debt behind us.
-
Le'ts be real tho, it's not gonna stop Brexit, there will simply be arrangements for us to pay it back lmao.

Everyone has debt though, this is the thing.
Get out of UK than, and watch UK improve after the short-term affect of leaving.

1. Define short term.

2. Can I please read the economist predictions that you've read, to lead you to think the UK will vastly improve after leaving the EU?

Again, another shot of nationalist delusion from your sweet self.
Original post by Twinpeaks

The whole remain campaign, and reaction to the result, was entitlement personified.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Everyone has debt though, this is the thing.

Noy everyone os leaving though.
Reply 26

I am not in it :biggrin:

loooooooool

What a worm you are. Keep fantasizing.
Well, when we write our own laws and catch our own fish again, they're hardly going to want us ^^
Reply 28
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
The whole remain campaign, and reaction to the result, was entitlement personified.

I think one can excuse remainers to be "entitled" if being entitled means a desire to be part of a wider European community and not have that taken away by 80-90 IQ monkeys who read in the paper and see Boris Johnson spread lies and half truths. Of racist people that don't want foreigners in their country, yea I think in the 21st century one can and should feel "entitled" to not have to suffer such people anymore.
Original post by inhuman
I am not in it :biggrin:

loooooooool

What a worm you are. Keep fantasizing.

What country you in than.
1. Define short term.

2. Can I please read the economist predictions that you've read, to lead you to think the UK will vastly improve after leaving the EU?

This is what I heard over and over. So the EU flag isn't nationalism? Ending the political union at the borders of Europe isn't? Europe that can't trade with the East isn't inward?
It isn't possible to think a country of what will be 100million is enough, and we are better and more accountably governed that way, it isn't economic sense to not want to subsidize the likes of Greece, without being a nationalist?

It's amazing to me how huge numbers of people, for example many Londoners, can whinge endlessly about subsidizing Scotland and all the useless parts of the UK, with their economic dynamism, and not see they and we are doing that(with vastly more substantive evidence) towards all corners of Europe. I don't think cold logic features much though, this is all about a cultural, class debate. The enlightened and supposedly outward looking, the cultured, vs the little Englanders.

Only such tribalism just trivializes the entire debate.
Reply 31
What country you in than.

then*

Looks like some of these foreigners know your own language better than yourself. What a joke.

I don't see why that matters? How would you reply if I said France? What if I said Austria? What if I said Poland?
1. Define short term.

1) 1-10 years

2) They said there was going to be a deep recession, than just " 1.7% in 2016, 0.7% in 2017, 1.7% in 2018 then 2.1% in 2019 " the irony.

3) Not a nationalist I just think EU is corrupt, so do people around here in my area where 60% voted leave, barely any because of immigrations, its because EU is brainwashing you all and the worst place to do undemocratic moves is in BRITAIN the heart of democracy.
Original post by inhuman
then*

Looks like some of these foreigners know your own language better than yourself. What a joke.

I don't see why that matters? How would you reply if I said France? What if I said Austria? What if I said Poland?

What country are you then? Also, don't take pi** I got dyslexic I say than instead of then it looks the same to me, I sometimes say about instead of the.
Original post by inhuman
I think one can excuse remainers to be "entitled" if being entitled means a desire to be part of a wider European community and not have that taken away by 80-90 IQ monkeys who read in the paper and see Boris Johnson spread lies and half truths. Of racist people that don't want foreigners in their country, yea I think in the 21st century one can and should feel "entitled" to not have to suffer such people anymore.

Don't pretend to be a 'friend to every man'. The EU is a technocratic, German run organization who will do whatever it takes to save the Euro including casually forcing whole nations into crippling debt.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 35
1) 1-10 years

2) They said there was going to be a deep recession, than just " 1.7% in 2016, 0.7% in 2017, 1.7% in 2018 then 2.1% in 2019 " the irony.

3) Not a nationalist I just think EU is corrupt, so do people around here in my area where 60% voted leave, barely any because of immigrations, its because EU is brainwashing you all and the worst place to do undemocratic moves is in BRITAIN the heart of democracy.

Yea, the country that throws away votes because of its first past the post system. The quintessence of democracy. A country where no "corruption" exists, yea! lol'd at that one. Or is it just you prefer your own countrymen being corrupt rather than others in Brussels?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMxfAkxfQ0
Reply 37
Original post by nemomeimpunit1
Don't pretend to be a 'friend to every man'. The EU is a technocratic, German run organization who will do whatever it takes to save the Euro including casually forcing whole nations into crippling debt.

I fail to see what your post has to do with mine.
Original post by inhuman
Yea, the country that throws away votes because of its first past the post system. The quintessence of democracy. A country where no "corruption" exists, yea! lol'd at that one. Or is it just you prefer your own countrymen being corrupt rather than others in Brussels?

Whats your country? Or I'm not replying and don't say " loool becuase you got nothing to say "
Reply 39
So we pay disproportionate amounts to other countries in the EU, way in excess of fairness and equality as 'we can afford it'. Then when it comes to us leaving they make us pay more, just to ensure that they aren't going to collapse as a manipulative and destructive dictatorship. Wow EU. What we really need is a politician who has the balls to say. We're not going to pay. We are no longer part of you. Goodbye EU. And start making history as an influential world power again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending