The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What you think you've got:
Most likely 4 A*'s, 4 A's and 2 B's, but it could be higher or lower haha.
English language, (A) english lit, (B) maths (A), science core (A*), science additional (A), religious studies (B), art (A*), geography (A), computer science (A*) and Polish. (A*) 10 GCSEs in total. I would have done 9 but they offered me Polish which I am fluent in- so I did it.

Predicted grades:
This is what my teachers predicted for me back in march mocks: 1 A*, 6 A's, 1 C and 1 D.

What you've actually got:
I will find out in 20 days!

How are you feeling about results day?
Happy and exited! There's no way I will not pass and not go to college, so I'm not worried. I hope I get more A*s than I'm expecting, & looking forward to seeing how everybody else does. My friend might be barely passing everything, (we tried so hard to get her to revise trust me) I'm really worried for her, hope she doesn't cry.
I'm really exited about the atmosphere on that day, me & my other friend decided to come in earlier and panic together in front of the school gates haha. It's going to be fun.

How are you going to open your results?
In front of everyone as soon as I get them, I won't care at that point as I've been waiting for them for so long. But my hands will still be shaking.

What A levels are you doing? (if not what is your alternative)
Fine art, Media studies and computer science. I chose the subjects I enjoy most/relevant to what I want to do.

Are you going to record your GCSE results on YouTube? (If so I can't wait to see it!)
Maybe, I'll try to.
19 days to go.
18 days till grade boundaries are out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why the f*** does everyone that done edexcel maths discuss grade boundaries so much surely the first 10 times you got told the grade boundaries would be higher than last year but lower than the year before was enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anmol_.
About 135/136. Can't be 133 because boundaries are never repeated. A could even be 132, it's only A* that I think will be a lot higher than last year

Where did you get the idea that boundaries are never repeated? Because it's wrong
Original post by Cluster1
Why the f*** does everyone that done edexcel maths discuss grade boundaries so much surely the first 10 times you got told the grade boundaries would be higher than last year but lower than the year before was enough?

Posted from TSR Mobile

waveyalex or whatever your name is pls take notes
Original post by Waveyalex
for wat grade ?

For an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
waveyalex or whatever your name is pls take notes

i aint talking to u so dw
Reply 408
Original post by simran_aujla
it actually depends on how people nationally have done - e.g. the top 20% will get A*s. But I think the grade boundaries will be lower than last year because the exam papers across all the boards have been much harder. :smile:

A* is given to more like top 5%, not 20%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 410

for most accurate boundaries, look from june 2012. those below this are from the old specification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Astudent24
Which exam board and u talking bout core? Additional?

I'm talking about AQA and I took the sciences as separate GCSEs
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by romansholiday
If you did AQA, Physics was a hot mess! I did triple and P3 was also horrible. I hated Biology mainly for that B1 exam :frown:

Exactly! B2 and B3 were okay
Original post by extraordinaire
Exactly! B2 and B3 were okay

Yeah B2 was ok and B3 was pretty good for me! :smile:
What I think I'll get:

Edexcel Maths: A*
Algebra Award edexcel : pass
French: A*
Chemistry: A*
RE: A*?
Physics: A* I'd hope but P3 was hard
Biology: idk A/A*
Computing OCR: why did i take this
History edexcel : cold war flashpoint :/
English Language: pls give me A*
English Lit: U probably
Original post by ad4m
A* is given to more like top 5%, not 20%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i was just giving an example :smile:. the percentages vary across all subjects
Original post by haarithiop

Computing OCR: why did i take this
History edexcel : cold war flashpoint :/
English Language: pls give me A*
English Lit: U probably

i feel this on an emotional level

expected a good question on how relations changed and then it asks me about flashpoints?? did i ask for this edexcel
18 days to go.
Original post by sahil19
18 days to go.

Always on point 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Waveyalex
Always on point 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to see it's appreciated:biggrin: here at every night at midnight! :u:

Latest