The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwerty_mad
Oh not another midfielder. And yes, I'd turn James down in favour of a striker. There's no other way - we need a striker. What Wenger is doing is selfish and incompetent. And sad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If we are going to get a below par striker then we might as well get one on loan. We're not going to win the league with a guy like Lacazette either, sorry to break it to you.
Original post by James.Carnell
We're getting someone, no one knows who it could be. And it might not be a striker. All I know is that he is ambitious and likes a bit of a gamble.

Those players you mentioned might not join... but what if someone like James Rodriguez becomes available? Would you turn down a world class player like that who can get better/can play on the wing just because we need a striker?
You know, we do have a track record of drawing top players. It's about availability , as the interview suggests. And as our transfer past suggest, we are not the type of club that can force a player to leave a club (because we can't just bid a 100mill), they have to become available.

Striker and centre half are the areas of need, so they should be focused on. Arsenal already have two attacking midfielders who are at least on a par with Rodriguez. The £60m they spend on him could be used on both a striker and centre half. They could just offer Dortmund £60m for Aubameyand and treble wages.

We could have attempted to get Ibrah on a free, but our fans would have complained he's too old.
We could have got Vardy but our fans would have said he does not fit Arsenal.
Lacazette? Again... people would complain.

Nobody has complained about Lacazette. Vardy not fitting the style and Ibra not being a long term option are both fair comments.

In light of this, I can see why the club would wait until a better option becomes available. If we someone like Batshauyi (sp?) and he turns out ****... then we have wasted millions and have thousands of fans saying we are not ambitious enough. It's madness, people were saying how we should buy Winston Reid to solve our CB problem and that Benteke at £35m would be a great buy. The fans are ****ing aids.
Arsenal have the Sky Money and Kroenke, so can afford to spunk silly money on players. They have a budget up there with almost anyone else.
If we are going to get a below par striker then we might as well get one on loan. We're not going to win the league with a guy like Lacazette either, sorry to break it to you.

Do you watch Ligue 1? The line up below is certainly capable of 85 points.

Lacazette
Iwobi Ozil Sanchez
Ramsey Xhaka
Monreal Mustafi Koscielny Bellerin
Cech
Original post by Diego Costa
Do you watch Ligue 1? The line up below is certainly capable of 85 points.

Lacazette
Iwobi Ozil Sanchez
Ramsey Xhaka
Monreal Mustafi Koscielny Bellerin
Cech

Yeah, Giroud was top scorer in Ligue 1 with Montpellier and won the league...
Can we make a list of strikers that have moved this season:

Ibra
Higuain
Milik
Morata
Janssen
Mane
Jese
El Sharaawy
Bat's eye (chelsea)
Musa
Gabriel Jesus
Marlus Moreno
Tony Sanabria
Gameiro
Ben Yedder
Embolo
Fernando Llorente
Gomis

Gameiro was wanted as back up to MSN, and we couldnt get him as back up to Giroud ffs:colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by swirly
Can we make a list of strikers that have moved this season:

Ibra
Higuain
Milik
Morata
Janssen
Mane
Jese
El Sharaawy
Bat's eye (chelsea)
Musa
Gabriel Jesus
Marlus Moreno
Tony Sanabria
Gameiro
Ben Yedder
Embolo
Fernando Llorente
Gomis

Gameiro was wanted as back up to MSN, and we couldnt get him as back up to Giroud ffs:colonhash:

Liverpool gonna merk us next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qwerty_mad
Liverpool gonna merk us next week!

Posted from TSR Mobile

#Madness
We're getting someone, no one knows who it could be. And it might not be a striker. All I know is that he is ambitious and likes a bit of a gamble.

Those players you mentioned might not join... but what if someone like James Rodriguez becomes available? Would you turn down a world class player like that who can get better/can play on the wing just because we need a striker?
You know, we do have a track record of drawing top players. It's about availability , as the interview suggests. And as our transfer past suggest, we are not the type of club that can force a player to leave a club (because we can't just bid a 100mill), they have to become available.

We could have attempted to get Ibrah on a free, but our fans would have complained he's too old.
We could have got Vardy but our fans would have said he does not fit Arsenal.
Lacazette? Again... people would complain.

In light of this, I can see why the club would wait until a better option becomes available. If we someone like Batshauyi (sp?) and he turns out ****... then we have wasted millions and have thousands of fans saying we are not ambitious enough. It's madness, people were saying how we should buy Winston Reid to solve our CB problem and that Benteke at £35m would be a great buy. The fans are ****ing aids.

You say our fans are aids yet you believe the rubbish that known ********ters are spewing on twitter? Why would someone post vague stuff if they want to be trusted sources? These idiots just want attention and you are more than happy to give it to them. There is NO striker better than Lacazette available, and that's the reason these muppets post vague rubbish linking us to world class players without names.

And on Rodriguez, no I wouldn't sign him because it would mean less funds for a striker. We don't have a limitless pot of moneh
Original post by leinad2012
You say our fans are aids yet you believe the rubbish that known ********ters are spewing on twitter? Why would someone post vague stuff if they want to be trusted sources? These idiots just want attention and you are more than happy to give it to them. There is NO striker better than Lacazette available, and that's the reason these muppets post vague rubbish linking us to world class players without names.

And on Rodriguez, no I wouldn't sign him because it would mean less funds for a striker. We don't have a limitless pot of moneh

We have a lot of money. We are one of the richest clubs in the world...
Simple fact of the matter is that we don't spend.

We want a player that will win us the title, Lacazette is unconvincing for the type of money talked about. For around that level of player, why don't we just go for a cheap option like Ighalo or Musa when he was available?

Also:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/4wdnlv/warning_dean_********_warning/d66h5tj

Imo Wenger is waiting for an opening for a striker to become available that is better than Lacazette. Lacazette is the insurance option. It's a gamble, it is poker, but it is the best chance we will have of signing a genuinely world class striker/forward player. He is not afraid to spend the money, it's more about a question of quality.

He waited for a long time to get a player like Xhaka for example, I believe that Xhaka is a rare talent with his ball distribution skills, not all round but maybe Wenger is looking for specific skillsets. We talked a long time about CM, now that area looks stacked. He will get a striker, but I think we have worked out now that he waits for the player he really wants.
(edited 7 years ago)
Fwiw, Elneny should absolutely start over Ramsey in big games away. He is some player. I hardly ever see him give the ball away.
He's just got a fantastic mobility and physicality, very fun to watch.

For me, it would have to be Xhaka and Elneny starting in the CM positions for tougher games away.

Ramsey is the sort of player that thrives when we are dominating a game but he is very easily overrun at the centre of the park.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8891
Everyone is judging Lacazette based on the one friendly we played vs Lyon last pre season.
What is your CB pairing likely to be for Liverpool next week? Holding/Gabriel?
Original post by sr90
What is your CB pairing likely to be for Liverpool next week? Holding/Gabriel?

Gabriel looks really off the pace in terms of fitness atm, Holding / Chambers probably. That being said Bielik /Holding has been given the most minutes this pre season I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
@AR_95 and Lacazette, the greatest love story since twilight.

Never got why you rate the guy so highly tbh
We have a lot of money. We are one of the richest clubs in the world...
Simple fact of the matter is that we don't spend.

We want a player that will win us the title, Lacazette is unconvincing for the type of money talked about. For around that level of player, why don't we just go for a cheap option like Ighalo or Musa when he was available?

Also:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Gunners/comments/4wdnlv/warning_dean_********_warning/d66h5tj

Imo Wenger is waiting for an opening for a striker to become available that is better than Lacazette. Lacazette is the insurance option. It's a gamble, it is poker, but it is the best chance we will have of signing a genuinely world class striker/forward player. He is not afraid to spend the money, it's more about a question of quality.

He waited for a long time to get a player like Xhaka for example, I believe that Xhaka is a rare talent with his ball distribution skills, not all round but maybe Wenger is looking for specific skillsets. We talked a long time about CM, now that area looks stacked. He will get a striker, but I think we have worked out now that he waits for the player he really wants.

If you believe that afcamden then lets just end the conversation and officially brand you head nonce.
The guy is a joke, if you throw 1000 darts and 10 somehow hit the bullseye, you aren't a good darts player. This guy deletes all tweets where he is wrong and bandwagons onto stories early in case they are right. From what I have seen he knows someone in the physio department and is leveraging his reliability from calling injuries and a couple lucky transfer calls to be a fake itk.

Again, if he is confident we are in for a top top player (or #madness as that nonce calls it), why would he be so vague about who the player is? He would get 10x more rep by calling us signing Griezmann say, than just saying "yeah we are in for a top top player".
I'll assume it's your first twitter transfer window and put your naivety down to inexperience.
(edited 7 years ago)
If you believe that afcamden then lets just end the conversation and officially brand you head nonce.
The guy is a joke, if you throw 1000 darts and 10 somehow hit the bullseye, you aren't a good darts player. This guy deletes all tweets where he is wrong and bandwagons onto stories early in case they are right. From what I have seen he knows someone in the physio department and is leveraging his reliability from calling injuries and a couple lucky transfer calls to be a fake itk.

Again, if he is confident we are in for a top top player (or #madness as that nonce calls it), why would he be so vague about who the player is? He would get 10x more rep by calling us signing Griezmann say, than just saying "yeah we are in for a top top player".
I'll assume it's your first twitter transfer window and put your naivety down to inexperience.

He is rarely wrong, I have been watching his account for years. You are so aggressive, maybe try cumming more often. You're a very frustrated guy.
Reply 8897
Original post by sevchenko
@AR_95 and Lacazette, the greatest love story since twilight.

Never got why you rate the guy so highly tbh

I've never actually rated him that highly, I've just said he's most likely the best, and only option we have right now.
Everyone knows your love in with Giroud though. 30 goals was it?
He is rarely wrong, I have been watching his account for years. You are so aggressive, maybe try cumming more often. You're a very frustrated guy.

If you've been watching his account for years you'll know he's been called out for posting nonsense regularly then yes?
If you've been watching his account for years you'll know he's been called out for posting nonsense regularly then yes?

He's legit, 90% of the time he is right.

Latest