The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HFancy1997
Do you know what day? I mught aswell watch tthat one

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sunday 14th August 22:25 local time ... So it's like Monday at 2am England time lol
Reply 2461
Original post by fefssdf
Yh I know like the whole thought of actually getting into uni just seems like some distance blur ATM and I don't think it will hit me till I actually log on to track on the day !! Omg

Uni? I don't think that will be real until a week before it happens :lol:
Original post by Student403
It's probably gonna take away my A* along with Unit 6, but that's life :lol:

Doesn't really matter since you have an unconditional :colonhash:

How's packing going??
Original post by Sacred Ground
Why is no one hyped for the Olympics 😑 makes me sad

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because until every single athlete that competes is tested for drugs it's hard to get excited when you can't tell if they're cheating or not!
Original post by fefssdf
The 100m final is on at 2am LMAO

Original post by fefssdf
Sunday 14th August 22:25 local time ... So it's like Monday at 2am England time lol

That's just taking the piss now :colonhash:
Original post by fefssdf

oh damn-.- but thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
the more time goes on the more i think ive failed biology :redface:
Original post by Serine Soul
Doesn't really matter since you have an unconditional :colonhash:

How's packing going??

I know but unlike a lot of people in my year with uncons, I put in the same amount of effort as I would have with an offer. I'm not in the same position as you guys for sure, but it's still disappointing whenever effort goes to waste :cry:

Haha haven't started yet :colondollar: Been sick -.-
Reply 2469

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's just an event where a lot of people fall for patriotism and parades athletes around like they are perfect.
If there were more events (poetry, maths?, chess ect.) And more inclusive I might be more interested
Good luck Hoomans! :biggrin:
I know but unlike a lot of people in my year with uncons, I put in the same amount of effort as I would have with an offer. I'm not in the same position as you guys for sure, but it's still disappointing whenever effort goes to waste :cry:

Haha haven't started yet :colondollar: Been sick -.-

I understand how you feel. That's the story of C4 for me :redface:

Ahh get well soon and remember not to take everything! There will be shops over there :tongue:
Original post by Aph
It's just an event where a lot of people fall for patriotism and parades athletes around like they are perfect.
If there were more events (poetry, maths?, chess ect.) And more inclusive I might be more interested

Yes but the olympics are meant for sports, which those are not. Plus there are chess tournaments and stuff so maybe it would be better to say you want those to have more global recognition?
Reply 2473
Original post by retardis
Yes but the olympics are meant for sports, which those are not. Plus there are chess tournaments and stuff so maybe it would be better to say you want those to have more global recognition?

The point about chess tournaments is void because every sport has competitions outside of the olypics.
And that is only your understanding. There used to be knitting, hot air ballooning, poetry ect. At the early modern olypics. They were removed because it was decided that the olympics should be for armatures who don't make a living from their competition, but since the 'eddy rule' that isn't the case anymore and atheleats are full time so they should bring them back.

Also it strongly depends on your definition of a sport.
That's only really in maths and some science papers - even science ones can be hard to predict. You remember what you think you wrote (to a worded answer), but it might not be what's conveyed to the examiner.

From what I've seen it's the maths grade boundaries everyone is debating and waiting to see. Other than the few multiple choice answers in some subjects they are, as you said, too hard to predict.
Original post by Aph
The point about chess tournaments is void because every sport has competitions outside of the olypics.
And that is only your understanding. There used to be knitting, hot air ballooning, poetry ect. At the early modern olypics. They were removed because it was decided that the olympics should be for armatures who don't make a living from their competition, but since the 'eddy rule' that isn't the case anymore and atheleats are full time so they should bring them back.

Also it strongly depends on your definition of a sport.

Hmm fair enough, can't argue with that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what I've seen on the TV guide, it's on non stop for about 15 hours some/most days. It's ridiculous.
Original post by Serine Soul
Lol I had a dream it was the day before results and I was frantically looking at grade boundaries

I looked at grade boundaries the day before last year's results and I deeply regret it :/
Reply 2478
For A levels are the boundaries released before the results? They were for my diploma the night before and I think it calmed me down :u:
Original post by Salamandastron
the more time goes on the more i think ive failed biology :redface:

Same :redface:

You just never know what they'll put on mark schemes :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest