The Student Room Group

Maths compulsory at GCSE for entry into University....?

Hey guys,

I'm doing my GCSE's and i wanted to know if it is compulsory to take Maths at GCSE's if i'm planning to go do a Foundation program after my GCSE's,
So will the Universities ask for Maths at GCSE or will they only look at my Foundation studies results?:frown:
Reply 1
You need maths c or above i'm afraid, or whatever the equivalent is in the new system? x
Original post by Hanna423
Hey guys,

I'm doing my GCSE's and i wanted to know if it is compulsory to take Maths at GCSE's if i'm planning to go do a Foundation program after my GCSE's,
So will the Universities ask for Maths at GCSE or will they only look at my Foundation studies results?:frown:

You need maths CGSE for many/most jobs also, so make sure you work hard at it. Life is very much harder for those who don't have it, as you will see if you search a few threads in the Applications forum, or look at the problems mature students who didn't take it face.
Original post by Hanna423
Hey guys,

I would try your best to get the highest grade you can.

I had a terrible experience with maths teachers ever since primary school which has made be literally fearful of ever doing maths. And because of this, I ended up with an F in GCSE Maths.

I do plan to redo it at some point or maybe do an equivalency qualification after I graduate.

But I would recommend you do try whilst you have the chance.

How they teach maths for lower-abilities often fails a lot of students. So many maths teachers are beyond helpless so get yourself a tutor who understands if you can afford one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending