The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fi101
For A levels are the boundaries released before the results? They were for my diploma the night before and I think it calmed me down :u:

They're usually released about a day before results, yes.
Original post by Serine Soul
I understand how you feel. That's the story of C4 for me :redface:

Ahh get well soon and remember not to take everything! There will be shops over there :tongue:

:console: :frown:

Thanks a lot :h: Yeah looking forward to the cheap shopping haha
Original post by retardis
Yes but the olympics are meant for sports, which those are not. Plus there are chess tournaments and stuff so maybe it would be better to say you want those to have more global recognition?

chess is a sport

Olympic Recognition. Chess has been recognised as a sport by the International Olympic Committee since 2000. It was an event at the Asian Games in 2006 in Doha and again in Guangzhou in 2010. It is also being considered for inclusion in the Pan-American Games. Tokyo is preparing bids for the 2020 summer Olympics and has invited chess and bridge to apply for inclusion. Russia is trying to bring chess to the winter Olympics.

Source
So I had my first results dream last night, ABB, not sure if that a good or bad thing, kind of makes me get my hopes up that i've done decently but makes me think i've done dreadfully at the same time.
Original post by fefssdf
did you retake other stuff as well cause i know I'm gonna be close to the A* boundary but i haven't done well enough in c3 so I'm gonna resit c3 next year to try and get the A* aha ; pleased to know others with an A would happily try again cause that A* grade looks pretty damn good aha ... i really hope you get it ! personally i think i got like 90+ ums in c4 but like 78 in c3 lmao

I retook 5 modules in total (3 Chem - 2 AS&1 A2, 1 Bio and 1 Maths) because I wanted at least A*AA (currently have ABB due to extenuating circumstances), although I'm starting to hope for more, but we'll see how it goes!

Maths has always been my strongest subject tbh and I achieved a 91% average in C1-C3 with much less effort than i gave this year, so i felt that while i was resitting some other subjects i may as well give the A* in maths a shot! Thankfully I'm pretty pleased with my performance in C4 this year so i'm optimistic that I've accomplished my goal! hopefully you manage to still get the A* this year (you never know how the grade boundaries will go/ what method marks you'll get/ tbh its not fun doing alevel work during your gap year so I'm hoping you can avoid it at all costs :L)
Original post by HFancy1997
Same here, I need 83 for C4 this year as I got 97 on C3 this year. It went pretty well and people found it hard so ithink there'll be low boundaries hopefully xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I need 89 for C4 which I'm fairly confident i've done enough to get that so here's hoping we both get that A*! (also i think its worth mentioning you smashed C3 last year, so well done :biggrin:)
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
Yeah, I need 89 for C4 which I'm fairly confident i've done enough to get that so here's hoping we both get that A*! (also i think its worth mentioning you smashed C3 last year, so well done :biggrin:)

Hope so and thanks, I was surprised I did that well tbh but the grade boundries were sooo low so I got it, hopefully its like that for my c4 xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
All I can think of right now is results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HFancy1997
Hope so and thanks, I was surprised I did that well tbh but the grade boundries were sooo low so I got it, hopefully its like that for my c4 xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh fair enough! What exam board did you take? I did WJEC and their grade boundaries plummeted last year!
Original post by thevamps99xo
All I can think of right now is results day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you ever seen Modern Family? If you like it, binge watching it will probably help.
Original post by SeanFM
Have you ever seen Modern Family? If you like it, binge watching it will probably help.

That actually might be a really good idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
That actually might be a really good idea!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: yeah if not that one, then something else you think you might like :tongue:

on a random note, I was looking for a particular song and forgot the name of it :lol:

but it was actually this one but both were good :tongue:
Original post by SeanFM
:lol: yeah if not that one, then something else you think you might like :tongue:

on a random note, I was looking for a particular song and forgot the name of it :lol:

but it was actually this one but both were good :tongue:

Both bands are good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueenBee98
I looked at grade boundaries the day before last year's results and I deeply regret it :/

When I was doing GCSEs, I looked at grade boundaries.

There was a biology paper that everyone found to be really difficult but i found easy.
I distinctly remember either B2 or B3 being 30/60 for an A and 36/60 for an A*. I was like:

"lmao. I know people found it difficult but god damn. Those boundaries are low as hell. I legit must've got full UMS. I only remember getting 2 or 3 questions wrong anyway. 54/60 is my aim"

Ended up barely scraping an A on my ums mark. Which implies I must've got roughly 31/60.

Moral: if everyone lost loads of marks, you probably did too. That being said, I'm still looking this year. Only difference is I won't be hyped if they're low. Especially for Physics and Biology
(edited 7 years ago)
When thinking about getting AS-results, this song comes to mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
I'm scared for Sociology
I know I've basically lost 21 marks because my state crime answer was rubbish
Original post by lucabrasi98
When I was doing GCSEs, I looked at grade boundaries.

There was a biology paper that everyone found to be really difficult but i found easy.
I distinctly remember either B2 or B3 being 30/60 for an A and 36/60 for an A*. I was like:

"lmao. I know people found it difficult but god damn. Those boundaries are low as hell. I legit must've got full UMS. I only remember getting 2 or 3 questions wrong anyway. 54/60 is my aim"

Ended up barely scraping an A on my ums mark. Which implies I must've got roughly 31/60.

Moral: if everyone lost loads of marks, you probably did too. That being said, I'm still looking this year. Only difference is I won't be hyped if they're low. Especially for Physics and Biology

I don't think I looked at Grade Boundaries for GCSE, but I can remember being so panicky about them... I was bricking it, but I was slightly relieved afterwards :smile: Ah that's exactly like me when I did my maths GCSE.... I came out of the first exam thinking 'oh... that wasn't so bad!' when everyone else was like 'how are you smiling that paper was awful!' :rofl: That's still pretty good though, well done! :biggrin: I did A Level English Literature and A Level English Language, and I chose to look at the grade boundaries for last year and Language went down but my AS Lit exam went badly and I looked at those boundaries and they had gone up :/ I just want results day to hurry up and be done with! :biggrin:
With GCSE I didnt worry about it under ten minutes before entering school, to the point I was shaking, this year im having stupid dreams about my results,hopefully I did decent in English Lit/Lang and History, IT is absolutely dreadful in the way they mark it so I wish id never have taken it, I am trying to occupy my time by binge watching tv shows and movies, and suggestions?
Original post by xxvine
I'm scared for Sociology
I know I've basically lost 21 marks because my state crime answer was rubbish

im in the same predicament except in history i technically answered a question wrong losing me 20 marks:frown:
Original post by WeslshStudent101
With GCSE I didnt worry about it under ten minutes before entering school, to the point I was shaking, this year im having stupid dreams about my results,hopefully I did decent in English Lit/Lang and History, IT is absolutely dreadful in the way they mark it so I wish id never have taken it, I am trying to occupy my time by binge watching tv shows and movies, and suggestions?

Breaking Bad. :pierre:

Quick Reply

Latest