The Student Room Group

Could he like me if he bro-zoned me?

Be prepared for the long story and I really need some advice on this....

I met this guy when he had a girlfriend that time, however his ex later cheated on him which left his heart broken. Soon, we develop our friendship from simple gym mates to close friends. I've been receiving some confusing signs for him but I wasn't very much paying attention as I was very focused on my studies and I'm not a very confident person because I do think I am not physically attractive to boys. My friends were all saying I am very slow but I do wonder if I overthink instead...?

1. He said " I love you " on April fool's Day
2. He left me a bunch of roses at my doorstep on Valentine's Day but he later told me he gave the roses to troll his bros.
3. We went for a movie with other friends, the time when I took off my cardigan and use it as a blanket, he took his off and put in on my legs.
4. The movie turns out to be a horror movie, I freaked out and cried after I left the cinema. He hugged me and comfort me, I think he was just being nice as he might not have any clue on how to calm a girl down? But my friend said it's a sign.
5. He did send me a gif on facebook " please bee mine"
6. We were at the shopping mall and he told me we looked like a couple.

Last but not the least, he said I remind him of his ex, which makes me feel I could just be the "replacement" for him. Do you all not agree this explains the above? Strange enough, since school term has ended, I now miss him a bit but I couldn't figure out if this was the feeling of missing a friend or something else. We were at the boarding school together and therefore we are seeing each other like 24/7.
Not very forward, is he?

Wonder why he's so apprehensive, do you give him signals that you like him that way?
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
Not very forward, is he?

Wonder why he's so apprehensive, do you give him signals that you like him that way?

I treated him as a good friend and I only realised I have feelings for him until he left. He did tell me I am just like a bro to him but from the body language I felt something different.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Pinkberry_y
He likes you, but because he's recently broken up, I wouldn't do anything about it, let him ask you out when he's ready in his own time, that is if he wants to. That way you will really know if he likes you. In fact don't even mention how you feel towards him to him or your friends, play dumb about it and just go with the flow and see what happens

Hm, there's some wisdom here. We might be going to different uni in Sep and he always asks where will I be, I don't think any of my friend cares as much as him. However, we are in different country now so we are only communicating through Facebook. He is normally the one who initiates the conversation and I do feel he is interested about my day. I guess it's also a fear of the one that got away.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tarzantheape
I treated him as a good friend and I only realised I have feelings for him until he left. He did tell me I am just like a bro to him but from the body language I felt something different.

He probably still thinks you're likely to reject him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending