The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NimcoA
im in the same predicament except in history i technically answered a question wrong losing me 20 marks:frown:
If you don't mind me asking, what was the board and question?
Original post by WeslshStudent101
With GCSE I didnt worry about it under ten minutes before entering school, to the point I was shaking, this year im having stupid dreams about my results,hopefully I did decent in English Lit/Lang and History, IT is absolutely dreadful in the way they mark it so I wish id never have taken it, I am trying to occupy my time by binge watching tv shows and movies, and suggestions?

Prison break
The vampire diaries
Netflix series 'scream'
Olympics
The originals
Last chance U

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you don't mind me asking, what was the board and question?

it was OCR Crusades it was an interpretation. i saw it as it being about reasons for first crusades whereas others saw it as motivations.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NimcoA
it was OCR Crusades it was an interpretation. i saw it as it being about reasons for first crusades whereas others saw it as motivations.

In my experience with those sort of issues the examiners accept any valid interpretation, so if enough people believed they had to talk about reasons then they'll usually award marks, and motivations and reasons will overlap anyway.
In my experience with those sort of issues the examiners accept any valid interpretation, so if enough people believed they had to talk about reasons then they'll usually award marks, and motivations and reasons will overlap anyway.

it was reasons for the success of first crusade but yeah thats pretty much what my teacher said but its still stressing me out due to the uncertainty.
Original post by QueenBee98
I don't think I looked at Grade Boundaries for GCSE, but I can remember being so panicky about them... I was bricking it, but I was slightly relieved afterwards :smile: Ah that's exactly like me when I did my maths GCSE.... I came out of the first exam thinking 'oh... that wasn't so bad!' when everyone else was like 'how are you smiling that paper was awful!' :rofl: That's still pretty good though, well done! :biggrin: I did A Level English Literature and A Level English Language, and I chose to look at the grade boundaries for last year and Language went down but my AS Lit exam went badly and I looked at those boundaries and they had gone up :/ I just want results day to hurry up and be done with! :biggrin:

AQA Lit boundaries are pretty stable each year so if you are doing AQA dont stress too much.
Original post by retardis
AQA Lit boundaries are pretty stable each year so if you are doing AQA dont stress too much.

I did do AQA Lit B :smile: But I knew straight away that I had failed AS, but I didn't know the true extent of my failure :rofl: I tend to stress about everything really... I mean, if someone does something to hurt me and we argue, I struggle to sleep until the issue is resolved, even if I have to apologize to them myself :rofl:
Original post by sabahshahed294
Don't worry. God Willing, you'll do great! :smile:
And btw, Happy Birthday! :cake::hugs:
Wish you all the best! :h:

Thank you so much, means a lot!!! Wish you all the best as well :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2508
I'm fairly certain I failed Chem F335 but I still wanna do Chem at uni... what even is my brain? Who am I? :lol:

:cry:
I got 4 seasons of Parks and Recreation today. Some serious binge watching will be happening in the next week and a bit because honestly I can't think of ANYTHING but results rn :frown:
anyone looked at their edexcel mark schemes?
Original post by z33
I'm fairly certain I failed Chem F335 but I still wanna do Chem at uni... what even is my brain? Who am I? :lol:

:cry:

On the plus side you get a clean slate at uni even if you mess up one or two exams :redface: (I did poorly in an A-level further maths module that was kind of a foundation for uni level maths, but I'm doing okay-ish-sorta-kinda-now :tongue:)

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by chloeabeki
I got 4 seasons of Parks and Recreation today. Some serious binge watching will be happening in the next week and a bit because honestly I can't think of ANYTHING but results rn :frown:

It's going to get even harder. After 12 we can say that results day is next week and I'm willing for time to slow down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2513
Original post by SeanFM
On the plus side you get a clean slate at uni even if you mess up one or two exams :redface: (I did poorly in an A-level further maths module that was kind of a foundation for uni level maths, but I'm doing okay-ish-sorta-kinda-now :tongue:)

Alright yeah that's good... if they accept me :tongue: I'll be waiting on the clearing hotlines while opening that envelope :lol: might as well bring 2 phones xP

But that's great! Daym maths at uni tho :eek: mashallah I dont wanna jinx it but I also have no idea how yall can do that **** with your brain :lol: there's gonna be a fair bit of maths in chemistry too pray for me x_X <3
Original post by z33
Alright yeah that's good... if they accept me :tongue: I'll be waiting on the clearing hotlines while opening that envelope :lol: might as well bring 2 phones xP

But that's great! Daym maths at uni tho :eek: mashallah I dont wanna jinx it but I also have no idea how yall can do that **** with your brain :lol: there's gonna be a fair bit of maths in chemistry too pray for me x_X <3

:lol: yeah.. don't be caught with 2 phones though :lol: (one being one of those nokia phones.. :erm:) maybe a cell phone will do though, and make it clear to the other person that you're calling from a cellphone.

:rofl: I don't know either :iiam: obvs it's different from uni to uni but one guy who does Chem at my uni does a maths course for people who hate maths or don't have much practice with it, so you'll probably be fine :lol: it'll be the chem that's a nightmare tbh, I don't even know how you do it at A-level with OCR :eek4: :hide:
Reply 2515
Original post by SeanFM
:lol: yeah.. don't be caught with 2 phones though :lol: (one being one of those nokia phones.. :erm:) maybe a cell phone will do though, and make it clear to the other person that you're calling from a cellphone.

:rofl: I don't know either :iiam: obvs it's different from uni to uni but one guy who does Chem at my uni does a maths course for people who hate maths or don't have much practice with it, so you'll probably be fine :lol: it'll be the chem that's a nightmare tbh, I don't even know how you do it at A-level with OCR :eek4: :hide:

:lol: ayyy dem Nokias aint that bad... I mean they're more of a weapon than a phone tbh :rofl:
Alright will do! :smile:

:lol:
Omgggg really?! Ooooh imma ask about that bc I meaannn i can barely count xD

Omggg salters took the pissssssss. I feel like it's not too bad if you have the right teachers, a good memory, and if you aren't doing OCR Salters :rofl: literally had no resources :cry2:

But I feel like it's the only science I can do without wanting to die ukno? Like biology has its own bloody dictionary and I can't deal with that. There's not enough storage space in my brain.

And physics is for superhuman minds, the opposite of what I have :lol: so chem is just right :tongue:
*famous last words*
**** THERE IS ONLY 11 DAYS ..

Im praying we get hit by a comet and we are all wiped out, so I dont have to see my results ...
C3 C4 S2 Edexcel Maths grade boundary predictions???
Original post by z33
:lol: ayyy dem Nokias aint that bad... I mean they're more of a weapon than a phone tbh :rofl:
Alright will do! :smile:

:lol:
Omgggg really?! Ooooh imma ask about that bc I meaannn i can barely count xD

Omggg salters took the pissssssss. I feel like it's not too bad if you have the right teachers, a good memory, and if you aren't doing OCR Salters :rofl: literally had no resources :cry2:

But I feel like it's the only science I can do without wanting to die ukno? Like biology has its own bloody dictionary and I can't deal with that. There's not enough storage space in my brain.

And physics is for superhuman minds, the opposite of what I have :lol: so chem is just right :tongue:
*famous last words*

:rofl: :awesome: I'll keep that in mind :rofl:

Yes, I'm sure you will :tongue:

Yeah check your module catalogue thingy if you can see it. Though some uni pages for their modules are so confusing and useless :hide:

:s-smilie: does Salters have anything to do with it being Chemistry by any chance? :iiam: asking the real questions here. (I know it offers bio and physics presumably but still) or maybe they are salty in their marking or something. Sounds crazy difficult though, having 0 resources must not be fun.

:rofl: fairs, you'll be fine, maybe, probably. As long as you don't let stuff pile up ya know and keep on top of lab work in particular, and balancing having a life too :lol:

Give yourself a bit more credit than that :hand:
Reply 2519
Original post by SeanFM
:rofl: :awesome: I'll keep that in mind :rofl:

Yes, I'm sure you will :tongue:

Yeah check your module catalogue thingy if you can see it. Though some uni pages for their modules are so confusing and useless :hide:

:s-smilie: does Salters have anything to do with it being Chemistry by any chance? :iiam: asking the real questions here. (I know it offers bio and physics presumably but still) or maybe they are salty in their marking or something. Sounds crazy difficult though, having 0 resources must not be fun.

:rofl: fairs, you'll be fine, maybe, probably. As long as you don't let stuff pile up ya know and keep on top of lab work in particular, and balancing having a life too :lol:

Give yourself a bit more credit than that :hand:

Haha when you wanna catch a pokemon but you dont have any pokeballs just knock it out with a nokia :lol:

They are confusing sometimes so I just gave up but I'll have another look!

Ooooohhhhh hunny dont even get me started
Rant

Spoiler

/rant

Oh well I'm happy it's all over though :biggrin: I can't believe I made it out alive! Well... we'll see on results day for sure :lol: but regardless **** OCR and **** Salters. :smile: :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest