The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 123ash
OMG, I do that! Or I come on here and read someone sat the UKCAT and got like 750+ and think, it could be me!!

haha I do that with the GAMSAT. I usually end up watching cat videos or vids of kids falling over.
Original post by Medici103
Snap!

awesome! do you have any favourites out of those?
Original post by paniking_and_not_revising
haha I do that with the GAMSAT. I usually end up watching cat videos or vids of kids falling over.

same! i find myself procrastinating the worst when i need to focus the most. the stupid thing is i often start doing random things i never do / arent even interested in, like recently watching dog whisperer and gordon ramsay on youtube...
Reply 83
Original post by Hugh Laurie
same! i find myself procrastinating the worst when i need to focus the most. the stupid thing is i often start doing random things i never do / arent even interested in, like recently watching dog whisperer and gordon ramsay on youtube...

WHY does this happen?! I ended up cleaning my wardrobe, just to not sit and do some UKCAT practice. Then was complaining I've not done any!!!
awesome! do you have any favourites out of those?

I loved both Bart's and Warwick. Southampton and Newcastle I'm less sure of because of their UKCAT requirements. What about you?
I loved both Bart's and Warwick. Southampton and Newcastle I'm less sure of because of their UKCAT requirements. What about you?

i think soton>newcastle>warwick>barts for me. for barts, living in london would be an amazing experience but at the same time idk if i can afford it haha.
i think soton>newcastle>warwick>barts for me. for barts, living in london would be an amazing experience but at the same time idk if i can afford it haha.

I know what you mean. It's going to take some very creative budgeting to do it. But it just looked so amazing on the open day!
Reply 87
I know what you mean. It's going to take some very creative budgeting to do it. But it just looked so amazing on the open day!

What about Kings? I was interested in Southampton too. But I never got a reply if they'd accept my Degree?
Reply 88
Whats the funding situation like for a 4yr course in a London uni? Do student finance pay for accomodation?
Original post by Indy108
Whats the funding situation like for a 4yr course in a London uni? Do student finance pay for accomodation?

it will be the same for any other university: SF will give the tuition and maintenance loans if you need it, with an extra London allowance to cover the higher cost of living.
Original post by 123ash
What about Kings? I was interested in Southampton too. But I never got a reply if they'd accept my Degree?

What's your degree? I thought that Southampton took any degree subject. I thought about Kings but I thought that my UKCAT score would be riskier for them than it would be for Soton or Newcastle. Although, having said that, Soton still a big risk despite my having got a decent score.
Reply 91
What's your degree? I thought that Southampton took any degree subject. I thought about Kings but I thought that my UKCAT score would be riskier for them than it would be for Soton or Newcastle. Although, having said that, Soton still a big risk despite my having got a decent score.

Does Barts not require a high UKCAT too? TBH, from what i have read Newcastle, Southampton, Kings, all require a high average.*

Yes, I'm sorry my mistake, I should have wrote my access course. I don't have any A-Levels (my life has been a little different when it comes to education). I have an access to health science. I was't sure if Southampton accepted it. I know that most Uni's accept an Access to Medicine, but not health science. I never got a reply.*I emailed twice. I really like Southampton too. *

I'm sorry if i've already asked, but what UKCAT score did you get?**
Original post by 123ash

Does Barts not require a high UKCAT too? TBH, from what i have read Newcastle, Southampton, Kings, all require a high average.*

Yes, I'm sorry my mistake, I should have wrote my access course. I don't have any A-Levels (my life has been a little different when it comes to education). I have an access to health science. I was't sure if Southampton accepted it. I know that most Uni's accept an Access to Medicine, but not health science. I never got a reply.*I emailed twice. I really like Southampton too. *

I'm sorry if i've already asked, but what UKCAT score did you get?**

According to the 2016 admissions data, the lowest score that received invitation to interview was 2790. They've estimated a score of 2110 if the DA section is removed from last years data. Newcastle's cutoff was 720. Soton and Kings are less forthcoming but someone posted on the Southampton thread that the lowest interviewed was 2900. My score is 730.

I did an access course too, back in 2004 and subsequently took A levels to strengthen my applications. I seem to remember Southampton being very slow to reply to emails so maybe try giving them a call. I emailed them about something for a previous application cycle and the response didn't answer my question but was instead an exact copy of what was written on the website.
Reply 93
According to the 2016 admissions data, the lowest score that received invitation to interview was 2790. They've estimated a score of 2110 if the DA section is removed from last years data. Newcastle's cutoff was 720. Soton and Kings are less forthcoming but someone posted on the Southampton thread that the lowest interviewed was 2900. My score is 730.

I did an access course too, back in 2004 and subsequently took A levels to strengthen my applications. I seem to remember Southampton being very slow to reply to emails so maybe try giving them a call. I emailed them about something for a previous application cycle and the response didn't answer my question but was instead an exact copy of what was written on the website.

Thanks, What I'll do is after I have done my UKCAT, i'll then decide which Uni's based on the score. I'll call Southampton then, if mu UKCAT score is any good.

730 IS A GREAT SCORE! I heard that with an average of 730 most Uni's (inc Kings) will call for an interview.

I guess there's diff info floating around. *
Original post by 123ash
Thanks, What I'll do is after I have done my UKCAT, i'll then decide which Uni's based on the score. I'll call Southampton then, if mu UKCAT score is any good.

730 IS A GREAT SCORE! I heard that with an average of 730 most Uni's (inc Kings) will call for an interview.

I guess there's diff info floating around. *

I'm probably being overly cautious, but I don't want to sit UKCAT ever again! I think that the stats from UKCAT will be helpful in making the final choices.

I hear different things about Kings. That is adding to my reluctance to apply there.
Reply 95
I'm probably being overly cautious, but I don't want to sit UKCAT ever again! I think that the stats from UKCAT will be helpful in making the final choices.

I hear different things about Kings. That is adding to my reluctance to apply there.

NO, I completely feel the same and understand about UKCAT. However, Im feeling i'll need to be sitting again anyways. Im going to decide based on the UKCAT score, it may be good enough to apply anywhere (i doubt, lol), or maybe so bad that i cant apply anywhere.

I have my preference, but when it comes to medicine, one cant be too choosy!! lol

Do you have an idea when the stats from UKCAT will be out?*
Original post by 123ash
NO, I completely feel the same and understand about UKCAT. However, Im feeling i'll need to be sitting again anyways. Im going to decide based on the UKCAT score, it may be good enough to apply anywhere (i doubt, lol), or maybe so bad that i cant apply anywhere.

I have my preference, but when it comes to medicine, one cant be too choosy!! lol

Do you have an idea when the stats from UKCAT will be out?*

I tweeted them and asked if interim stats were going to be published:

' UKCAT will issue interim score statistics in mid to late-September 2016 and final test statistics once testing has ended.'
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 97
I tweeted them and asked if interim stats were going to be published:

' UKCAT will issue interim score statistics in mid to late-September 2016 and final test statistics once testing has ended.'
waiting for the final test stats will be leaving the application too late.*
Original post by 123ash
waiting for the final test stats will be leaving the application too late.*

I think they came out before application deadline last year, but not by much. The interim stats will most likely suffice, no aspect of this process is guaranteed so at some point there will have to be a jump into the abyss.

Apparently I'm feeling particularly dramatic today. 🎭
Reply 99
Haha, Im always feeling dramatic. I don't think I'll be needing to wait on interim stats. My result is going to be poor! Medify is making me feel UKCAT is not for me.

By the way, How were your scores on Medify? Were you always doing excellent?*

Latest

Trending

Trending