The Student Room Group

A levels completed over 3 years?

Was just wondering how difficult i made everything for myself by not doing so well on my first year of a levels.. which are the most common universities that give 3 year A levelers a chance?

GCSE: 3A* 8A 1B
UKCAT: 720

and some really good work experience but not a lot of it.

Im extremely tight for time since I need to apply by october (with only 1 AS to apply with and it would most likely be a B... the rest is to be done next year because of the reforms)

Alao Im only just starting my personal statement

I juat really need some advice right now.

Should I even study in the UK?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Angelo12231
Was just wondering how difficult i made everything for myself by not doing so well on my first year of a levels.. which are the most common universities that give 3 year A levelers a chance?

Im extremely tight for time since I need to apply by october (with only 1 AS to apply with and it would most likely be a B... the rest is to be done next year because of the reforms)

Most medical schools do say that AAA including chemistry (and some require biology) must be completed within 2 years unless there are extenuating circumstances.

My advice is email some unis and get their stance on it, they will be likely to tell you straight up whether you will be considered or not.
Try Liverpool. I know they accept over three years. A few medical schools prefer you to have your grades before applying if it takes three years. I think keele prefer this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aleveltimes
Try Liverpool. I know they accept over three years. A few medical schools prefer you to have your grades before applying if it takes three years. I think keele prefer this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think thats for people who took a gap year

Sorry, but I'm confused. None of your AS exams count towards the final A Level grade so you'd be able to do it over 2 years, not 3. A lot of them don't even take into account AS grades. What is the problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Sorry, but I'm confused. None of your AS exams count towards the final A Level grade so you'd be able to do it over 2 years, not 3. A lot of them don't even take into account AS grades. What is the problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did AS exams in the old system and got crappy grades. 4 AS grades. So I decided to start A levels all over again using the new system
I think thats for people who took a gap year

No it's not just for people that took a gap year. What I mean for keele is approach them and apply once you've finished your exams over the three years and actually have your grades. They accept people that way. Gap years have nothing to do with it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did AS exams in the old system and got crappy grades. 4 AS grades. So I decided to start A levels all over again using the new system

Ah, I see. There's a list on TSR of the universities who accept applicants over 3 years. I suppose doing all AS exams and A2 exams in one year is possible, but perhaps a bit difficult?
Reply 8
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
Ah, I see. There's a list on TSR of the universities who accept applicants over 3 years. I suppose doing all AS exams and A2 exams in one year is possible, but perhaps a bit difficult?

No one should attempt this
Original post by Ghotay
No one should attempt this

It's really not that difficult if your subjects are science and maths. AS and A2 feed quite a lot into each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending