The Student Room Group

Worried about Clearing

Hi everyone :smile:

Basically I am in the process of putting myself into Clearing before A-Level Results Day so I can apply for a different university and course - namely, BA Advertising at Bournemouth.

I have been to visit the university, have accommodation, know the modules fairly well and am reading a book which I will be able to talk about if I am given a phone interview. I will also have watched a couple of documentaries.

In the event that I get the grades they are asking for (280 UCAS points), how likely is it that they will accept me? I'm completely in love with the course and the university. I know that no-one can give me a definite but I really need a little reassurance :frown:
I understand that you want reassurance but there's very little anyone can say, we just don't know. It might be a good idea to phone up the department and speak with the admission tutor just so you can express your interest (maybe mention the preliminary work you've done), get them to remember your name.
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
I understand that you want reassurance but there's very little anyone can say, we just don't know. It might be a good idea to phone up the department and speak with the admission tutor just so you can express your interest (maybe mention the preliminary work you've done), get them to remember your name.

I have, they said they can't really say anything either way :frown: I was hoping other people had experiences... I guess I'm just going to have to find a way of dealing with this anxiety even though so far nothing I've tried has worked :frown: Thanks anyway.
Original post by emiloujess
I have, they said they can't really say anything either way :frown: I was hoping other people had experiences... I guess I'm just going to have to find a way of dealing with this anxiety even though so far nothing I've tried has worked :frown: Thanks anyway.

Yeah, they aren't going to be able to tell you in advance what your chances are. I only mean it would be a good idea to make yourself known to them. If you have done that then there's nothing you can do but wait.
Reply 4
Original post by Snufkin
Yeah, they aren't going to be able to tell you in advance what your chances are. I only mean it would be a good idea to make yourself known to them. If you have done that then there's nothing you can do but wait.

Can you suggest anything else that might help me, then? I can't just sit here and wait - I do not have a job and I do not live with my family.
Original post by emiloujess
Can you suggest anything else that might help me, then? I can't just sit here and wait - I do not have a job and I do not live with my family.

If this is a course you really want to do, why are you waiting until results day to apply?
Reply 6
Original post by Snufkin
If this is a course you really want to do, why are you waiting until results day to apply?

I cannot go through Clearing without my grades, and I still have a firm choice which I am in the process of getting released from.
@PQ Am I right in thinking that the OP doesn't need to wait for their grades to enter clearing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending