Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Need 210 UMS in edexcel maths.

66/75 C4
60/75 C3
50/75 S2

Is that enough? Im ****ing terrified.
Original post by z33
Haha when you wanna catch a pokemon but you dont have any pokeballs just knock it out with a nokia :lol:

They are confusing sometimes so I just gave up but I'll have another look!

Ooooohhhhh hunny dont even get me started
Rant

Spoiler

/rant

Oh well I'm happy it's all over though :biggrin: I can't believe I made it out alive! Well... we'll see on results day for sure :lol: but regardless **** OCR and **** Salters. :smile: :lol:

That's too cruel :noway: :hide: :cry:

:rofl: so they want to make it as difficult as possible for you to do well, I see. Fun. That means though that you might just be fine for uni :tongue: good luck :lol:
Reply 2522
Original post by SeanFM
That's too cruel :noway: :hide: :cry:

:rofl: so they want to make it as difficult as possible for you to do well, I see. Fun. That means though that you might just be fine for uni :tongue: good luck :lol:

Maybe a bit :hmmmm: :tongue:

Mhmmmmmm. Trust me man I had a blast :yep: that's trueeeee I heard they use their textbooks in like second year of uni so hopefully! Thanks :smile:
Original post by 89778thatguy

66/75 C4
60/75 C3
50/75 S2

It may just about be enough judging by previous boundaries from the top of my head, but none of us can say for certain.
Original post by Sacred Ground
Haha fair enough, I always get excited for the Olympics - I think it's the thought of knowing how hard the athletes have worked to be there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you have to appreciate how much work the athletes have put in, but I guess I'm just not interested in things like equestrian like you mentioned haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SH0405
Are you...are you alright?

I am great, thank you.

More importantly, are YOU alright.
Original post by 89778thatguy

66/75 C4
60/75 C3
50/75 S2

Honestly, I think, yes. Normally yes. But this year a lot of people did well on C4 and S2 is generally not a tough exam so we'll see.
Original post by QueenBee98
I did do AQA Lit B :smile: But I knew straight away that I had failed AS, but I didn't know the true extent of my failure :rofl: I tend to stress about everything really... I mean, if someone does something to hurt me and we argue, I struggle to sleep until the issue is resolved, even if I have to apologize to them myself :rofl:

Argh gosh that must be terrible, I sleep like a baby tbh, I doubt I would have any problems sleeping in the middle of a motorway :biggrin:. We did the same exam, maybe it's just me but I feel with lit exams you always do way better than you think. I hope this result goes well for you anyway.
What are peoples grade boundaries for AQA MPC3? With all the petitions and complaining etc, I hope the B is around 40/75, then I should scrape an A overall
I ask a lot of questions but... one more. I don't really like my insurance choice, so if I don't make it to my firm, can I enter Clearing without rejecting my insurance place?
Original post by pecora
I ask a lot of questions but... one more. I don't really like my insurance choice, so if I don't make it to my firm, can I enter Clearing without rejecting my insurance place?

No - you'll need to be asked to be released from your insurance choice if you want to enter clearing.
10 days, time is flowing fast
Original post by fefssdf
The 100m final is on at 2am LMAO

I go to bed at 5am anyway lmao
Original post by pecora

You can't apply through clearing while holding an offer and most universities will not speak to you about the chances of a place if you have a place elsewhere.

If you don't want to go to your insurance then you are best off contacting them ASAP (by phone) to explain that you wouldn't want to take up a place with them and to ask what they need from you to make sure that doesn't happen on results day.

If you wait until results day to decide/get in touch then you're unlikely to be in clearing until the Saturday/Sunday after results day. That's a significant delay before you can sort out a clearing place.
Olympic gymnastics is the best:smile:
Reply 2535
Original post by PQ

I love a good leg break or two.
Original post by PQ

Better than the athletics?! Gosh. That leg break was nasty though ;/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SH0405
I love a good leg break or two.

Original post by Sacred Ground
Better than the athletics?! Gosh. That leg break was nasty though ;/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't see a leg break :s-smilie:

Spent my time giggling at how they all had the same hairstyle
Wheres the guy with all the mark schemes?????
Original post by Hopefulmedic15
I retook 5 modules in total (3 Chem - 2 AS&1 A2, 1 Bio and 1 Maths) because I wanted at least A*AA (currently have ABB due to extenuating circumstances), although I'm starting to hope for more, but we'll see how it goes!

Maths has always been my strongest subject tbh and I achieved a 91% average in C1-C3 with much less effort than i gave this year, so i felt that while i was resitting some other subjects i may as well give the A* in maths a shot! Thankfully I'm pretty pleased with my performance in C4 this year so i'm optimistic that I've accomplished my goal! hopefully you manage to still get the A* this year (you never know how the grade boundaries will go/ what method marks you'll get/ tbh its not fun doing alevel work during your gap year so I'm hoping you can avoid it at all costs :L)

I've got through the mark schemes and model answers and I have got a high B in c3 and a high A* in c4 so it's gonna be like 6 marks off lol but I don't need an A* for uni but I'll retake c3 next year anyways just for my own sake

Quick Reply

Latest