The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Insight314
Is anyone else thinking more and more about how they did on STEP as the day comes closer? :afraid:

Nah, haven't though about exams, results or maths in ages.
@Serine Soul, what's your offer?

Saw your "Cheer me up TSR" thread. You think you not gonna make it?

She's gonna be fine, she just worries A LOT :tongue:
Everyone in the applicants thread was very confident in her chance of getting in but that didn't help her worry less pre offer :tongue:
@Serine Soul, what's your offer?

Saw your "Cheer me up TSR" thread. You think you not gonna make it?

Just the standard A*A*A
Buuttt... When I made that thread I was sad for a number of reasons including missing my offer

I'm less sad now :tongue: I started making some stuff
All right, thanks guys. :smile:

Is anyone else thinking more and more about how they did on STEP as the day comes closer? :afraid:

Im like what if i get a 2 with some marking error and they lose slme paper in II. even tho there is no chance of getting a 2 normally.
Original post by physicsmaths
Im like what if i get a 2 with some marking error and they lose slme paper in II. even tho there is no chance of getting a 2 normally.

What would happen if an applicant got rejected because of what transpired to be a marking error? Would they be forced to give them a deferred place, or are they rejected anyway?
Original post by Mathemagicien
What would happen if an applicant got rejected because of what transpired to be a marking error? Would they be forced to give them a deferred place, or are they rejected anyway?

If an error was corrected by 31st they honour it and give a place. If not they wither give the place or give deferred place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Serine Soul
Just the standard A*A*A
Buuttt... When I made that thread I was sad for a number of reasons including missing my offer

I'm less sad now :tongue: I started making some stuff

Ihope everything works out
Original post by physicsmaths
Ihope everything works out

Thanks man, I really hope everything works out for you too
Oh ****. My insurance (Warwick) has put "pass GCSE English" as a requirement whereas Cambridge hasn't.

Hypothetically, what will happen if I meet my offer but fail GCSE English? Isn't there a national requirement to have GCSEs in Maths and English?
Oh ****. My insurance (Warwick) has put "pass GCSE English" as a requirement whereas Cambridge hasn't.

Hypothetically, what will happen if I meet my offer but fail GCSE English? Isn't there a national requirement to have GCSEs in Maths and English?

I think it's a national requirement but Cambridge wouldn't have to reject you. You'd just have to resit GCSE English along with ur part I XD
How long do priority ones take to come back?
Ahh I see.
I really hope I'm not in that position this year, it'll stress the hell out of me :redface:
Did they all go up too??
Did they all go up too??

I heard a lot of private schools automatically send off for remarks in everything just because they nearly always improve more than go down. Apparently they are supposed to be getting a bit tougher on remarks from this year but hopefully they are still fair.
Original post by EnglishMuon
I heard a lot of private schools automatically send off for remarks in everything just because they nearly always improve more than go down. Apparently they are supposed to be getting a bit tougher on remarks from this year but hopefully they are still fair.

They do that? I guess they have all the funds to do so. I had to use a lot of effort to persuade my college to just get a script of my English paper last year
(edited 7 years ago)
They do that? I guess they have all the funds to do so. I had to use a lot of effort persuade my college to just get a script my English paper last year

Yep I think so. Wow that's a bit bad of ur college, surely if there's any doubt u should check. I should've remarked S2 last year really but didn't know how.
They do that? I guess they have all the funds to do so. I had to use a lot of effort persuade my college to just get a script my English paper last year

I don't think this is the case - at least not over here. Because we're expected to pay for them ourselves (well my German teacher was really nice and took the money out of the department budget because she really likes me :lol: )

Well, maybe they're more affordable over there. Here we pay about 40 pounds per remark. Wbu?
Yep I think so. Wow that's a bit bad of ur college, surely if there's any doubt u should check. I should've remarked S2 last year really but didn't know how.

Yeah, they did get it in the end, and it was, let's say, worth the grade it got lol.

We usually have to go to our exams offices, though some departments do some themselves
Original post by Student403
I don't think this is the case - at least not over here. Because we're expected to pay for them ourselves (well my German teacher was really nice and took the money out of the department budget because she really likes me :lol: )

Well, maybe they're more affordable over there. Here we pay about 40 pounds per remark. Wbu?

That's nice of her. I don't think my Lit teachers liked me from day one, when, during an icebreaking session, I said I love science! Lol

I got this in my email last year, after results were released. The priority service is for A2s with uni places of course, and the bottom row was for those not waiting for unis or anything

_20160807_123544.JPG

OCR*
If for example I got A*AA when my offer is A*A*A will I automatically be placed to my insurance? Or will Cambridge allow time for us to get a priority remark before releasing us

That's nice of her. I don't think my Lit teachers liked me from day one, when, during an icebreaking session, I said I love science! Lol

I got this in my email last year, after results were released. The priority service is for A2s with uni places of course, and the bottom row was for those not waiting for unis or anything

_20160807_123544.JPG

OCR*

Lol

Ahh yeah fits in :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending