The Student Room Group

Who learns languages in their spare time?

Scroll to see replies

你好!
Original post by ckfeister
Where is italian

what
Teaching myself latin
Reply 23
Original post by rainbow.panda
I'm learning Korean too! :biggrin: largely because of my kpop obsession but it is a beautiful language :smile:

I am also learning it mostly because of my kpop obsession! :biggrin: You can probably tell who my favourite group is... xD It is such a beautiful language! And once you get past learning the alphabet it's not as daunting as you first thought xD I watched Descendants of the Sun recently and that really inspired me to focus more on learning it ^_^ Which groups do you like? :biggrin:
CS:GO teaches me Russian

*also my papa
Original post by EXO235
I am also learning it mostly because of my kpop obsession! :biggrin: You can probably tell who my favourite group is... xD It is such a beautiful language! And once you get past learning the alphabet it's not as daunting as you first thought xD I watched Descendants of the Sun recently and that really inspired me to focus more on learning it ^_^ Which groups do you like? :biggrin:

I actually love the writing system, and pretty and it's so easy to learn :smile: DOTS is the only k-drama I've seen, and that was mainly because Onew is in it, I need to watch some others :P my bias group is SHINee but I'm also into VIXX and EXO :biggrin:
Original post by TercioOfParma
Does Haskell count?

haskell?

Original post by IKEAPanda37
I'm learning Welsh :h:

In addition to A-level French, also done GCSE Spanish and hoping to continue it alongside French at uni :smile:

I love learning languages and want to learn so many more :biggrin:

Dw i’n hoffi dysgu a siarad Cymraeg :smile:
Original post by SabakuKyuu
I'm studying German, French and Portuguese :-D But, I don't recommend learning more than one (eventually two) languages at the same time. :3 I am a total language freak 😁 I'm using duolingo, what about you guys? :-D Die Deutsche sprache ist süß! 😁😁😍

Posted from TSR Mobile

i use both :biggrin:
Whilst I do study it for A-Level, pre much the only thing I've done all Summer is learn German in my spare time lmao.

I would like to learn another at the same time but i've tried before and it's very difficult. Perhaps when my German is of a better level I shall :')
true - memrise is good for vocab and cramming but duolingo is better for kinda getting the hang of it if ygm
French, Spanish, Dutch, Korean and various bits of others :smile:

<modStuff>Please provide translation for all foreign language, thank you!</modStuff>
(edited 7 years ago)
I do a little bit of French, and a little bit of Python - though Python I really need to restart as everything i knew has pretty much faded!
Do programming languages count? :tongue:
In terms of what people use to learn the languages? I find websites my best tool but for learning Italian, what website or dvd would people recommend?

Thanks 👍
Original post by frankielogue
I’m doing french in school atm, starting spanish as well as french gcse next year, but I also learn Welsh in my spare time, and did do Japanese although I’ve forgotten most of it :P. What languages do you guys learn?

FRANKIEwhere be the other option at mate?Obvs I do french AS so yh, french,
did a bit of German to prepare for going there on holiday
I used to learn italian and latin in my spare time, but thats gone now :lol:
Original post by Paraphilos
你好!

Are you fluent? :tongue:
I'm learning french but it's so boring to do it alone without any one to encourage me:unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
I'm trying to maintain my Spanish (I live in Spain, so that's good, but my Spanish flatmate usually just wants to speak in English) and have just signed up for two courses - one in French and one in British Sign Language.
wow, well done!
Original post by dinasaad
I'm learning french but it's so boring to do it alone without any one to encourage me:unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will happily be your encouragement.
I am currently teaching 2 other TSR users on here
Drop me VMs when u want any help or advice :wink:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest