The Student Room Group

Maths year 11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by RDKGames
Have a go at them first as you know what bearings are and how to get them.

Sorry haven't been well today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Sorry haven't been well today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get well soon :smile:

D and E are incorrect. Remember, you measure bearing CLOCKWISE from the north, the bearing angle will go into the clockwise direction.
Reply 762

D and E are incorrect. Remember, you measure bearing CLOCKWISE from the north, the bearing angle will go into the clockwise direction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 763

Here
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. Just continue that for the rest and you're good.
Reply 768
Yep. Just continue that for the rest and you're good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 770
Yep

:smile:

Need to learn these

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
:smile:

Need to learn these

Posted from TSR Mobile

For this I would recommend using protractor. Just follow what the information says. We know the ship is on a bearing of 065o from A so we can mark a point anywhere as long as it is 65 degrees clockwise from port A, then we can draw a straight line joining port A and the point you have marked. Repeat this for B with a bearing of 285o.
Reply 772
For this I would recommend using protractor. Just follow what the information says. We know the ship is on a bearing of 065o from A so we can mark a point anywhere as long as it is 65 degrees clockwise from port A, then we can draw a straight line joining port A and the point you have marked. Repeat this for B with a bearing of 285o.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct, though extend that line going from port A so it goes over the other line. Then the location of the ship should be clear for you :smile:
Reply 774
Correct, though extend that line going from port A so it goes over the other line. Then the location of the ship should be clear for you :smile:

Thank you :smile:

Can you do 1 example on this, I don't mind what question :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 775
I'll try one first :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I'll try one first :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll do the second one for you as an example.
Reply 777

What do I do after?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
What do I do after?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You see where the 5km line ends? From that point, measure a bearing of 040 and draw a line of length 3cm.
Reply 779
You see where the 5km line ends? From that point, measure a bearing of 040 and draw a line of length 3cm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply