The Student Room Group

Nottingham Economics

HelloI would just like to ask how good Nottingham is for postgraduate study in Economics and if it's can compared to prestigious Uni (like Durham Bristol Exeter Bath Edinburgh St.Andrews) or other Russell group Uni (like Leeds Birmingham Southampton Sheffield Liverpool Manchester) for instance. Thanks a lot.
Bristol > Durham/Nottingham > everything else.

Leeds, Birmingham, Southampton, Sheffield, Manchester, etc being on the lower end of the spectrum.
Nottingham is great for economics, its consistently ranked in the top 10 in the country and is really well respected with employers. They have great links to big banks and finance companies, I would say out of the ones you've listed its definitely one of the best, along with Durham and Bristol (in my opinion, there is not much difference between these 3) . Furthermore, Nottingham is one of the best student cities, with a great night life, and lots to do.
Reply 3
Thanks a lot for all your comments. Bristol and Durham offered me a course but with massively higher condition than Nottingham so I'm glad that Nottingham is still great when comparing to the former 2.
Original post by Sammy2534
Thanks a lot for all your comments. Bristol and Durham offered me a course but with massively higher condition than Nottingham so I'm glad that Nottingham is still great when comparing to the former 2.

Hey, What were your grades? Ill be applying in 2017 but I am worried because I am an average student (6.5/10) but I do have work experience with NGO's, I am not sure if they will take this into consideration. Please help!
Reply 5
Original post by uniuni2017
Hey, What were your grades? Ill be applying in 2017 but I am worried because I am an average student (6.5/10) but I do have work experience with NGO's, I am not sure if they will take this into consideration. Please help!

Hi

I'm pretty sure Nottingham will accept you if your work experience is related to the program you will be applying. I'm from Australia and Nottingham is the only place that requires credit average from my BA (others require distinction) so you really have a chance.
Reply 6
I know Nottingham have great employability prospects so you would be wise to go there
Reply 7
Original post by fefssdf
I know Nottingham have great employability prospects so you would be wise to go there

Thank you so much.
Hi

I'm pretty sure Nottingham will accept you if your work experience is related to the program you will be applying. I'm from Australia and Nottingham is the only place that requires credit average from my BA (others require distinction) so you really have a chance.

Hi

Thank you so much, that gives me a lot of relief:h:
Reply 9
Original post by uniuni2017
Thank you so much, that gives me a lot of relief:h:

No problem ^_^

Good luck with your application.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, may I know how much maths are you going to face in Economics?
I now started to doubt my ability in Economics because I only did up to AS maths
Reply 11
Original post by tarzantheape
Hello, may I know how much maths are you going to face in Economics?
I now started to doubt my ability in Economics because I only did up to AS maths

I think it depends on which Uni you are going to. Most of them provide a pre-session course in Math & Stat before the MSC commences. For me I only did Calculus at my undergrad in Australia but didn't do Statistics (although I have done some pre reading).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending