The Student Room Group

When did you submit your UCAS application...

Scroll to see replies

Lol why's December not even in the poll.

Anyway i submitted in december and got the offer from my preferred uni (manchester) in about 3 days. I was 100% sure I'd be rejected though.

In the end it was for nothing because I've probably missed my offer anyway
Reply 21
Original post by Edminzodo
What accommodation have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied to McNair, Lady Mountford and Melville Grove, you?
Original post by lucabrasi98
Lol why's December not even in the poll.

Anyway i submitted in december and got the offer from my preferred uni (manchester) in about 3 days. I was 100% sure I'd be rejected though.

In the end it was for nothing because I've probably missed my offer anyway

LOL 😂😩 yeah sorry about that... was a bit slack with the options didn't even realise until you posted *sigh
Original post by KBSc
I've applied to McNair, Lady Mountford and Melville Grove, you?

Greenbank, McNair and Salisbury! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Greenbank, McNair and Salisbury! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aw cool! maybe we will be room mates :tongue:
Original post by KBSc
aw cool! maybe we will be room mates :tongue:

Maybe, ha ha, although Liverpool doesn't have shared rooms . . . So hall mates, I guess?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Maybe, ha ha, although Liverpool doesn't have shared rooms . . . So hall mates, I guess?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's what I meant 😂
I gave my application to my school in early/mid October, but they were slow with references so didn't send it until early November. I applied to Surrey, Brunel, Lancaster, UEA, and Birmingham, all for English Lit with Creative Writing. I got offers from all of them, but UEA said they had filled their course so gave me an unconditional for just English Lit instead.

My offers came between 25th November and 11th December - except for UEA who made me wait until 29th February.
I applied early October for psychology at Cambridge (rejected without interview :laugh:), Leeds, Bristol, Manchester and York
Can't really remember the order that they all replied (I think it was fairly quickly), but I received conditional offers from all but Cambridge lol
My firm is Manchester (AAB) with no insurance... :colondollar:
Original post by KBSc
I applied around mid-late November.

I got 5/5 offers and applied for Chemistry at Liverpool (11 days after), Loughborough (8 days later), Keele (8 days later), Nottingham Trent (5 days later) and South Wales (Unconditional, 11 days later).

hey does keele require interview for chem? and any advice on personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
This one is really simple. I wonder how many of you A2 students submitted your UCAS applications at specific time intervals before the generic university deadline! :biggrin: Lastly I would like to know the unis, subjects you applied for and when you got your offers from the unis this year.

I sent off my application on the 5th October for Philosophy and received these offers:

13th October - University of Manchester (ABB)
28th October - University of Birmingham (unconditional)
4th December - Durham University (AAA)
13th January - University of Cambridge, Pembroke College (A*AA)
29th February - University of St Andrews (AAB)
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I applied early October for psychology at Cambridge (rejected without interview :laugh:), Leeds, Bristol, Manchester and York
Can't really remember the order that they all replied (I think it was fairly quickly), but I received conditional offers from all but Cambridge lol
My firm is Manchester (AAB) with no insurance... :colondollar:
Ah well done for getting your offers. I'm sorry about your Cambridge rejection, unlucky :frown:. Why didn't you add an insurance? You confident about your firm?
(edited 7 years ago)
Ah well done with getting your offers. I'm sorry about your Cambridge rejection, unlucky :frown:. Why didn't you add an insurance? You confident about your firm?

All my other offers were AAA and my teacher said if my firm was AAB it wouldn't make sense to have an insurance with higher grades, although I kind of wish I put one done just in case they would've taken me but I'm really hoping for that AAB :smile:
Original post by Platopus
I sent off my application on the 5th October for Philosophy and received these offers:

13th October - University of Manchester (ABB)
28th October - University of Birmingham (unconditional)
4th December - Durham University (AAA)
13th January - University of Cambridge, Pembroke College (A*AA)
29th February - University of St Andrews (AAB)
Wow you applied for some top ranked unis in philosophy. Are considering accepting Birmingham's unconditional offer, or picking Cambrige (or one of your other offers) as your firm?
All my other offers were AAA and my teacher said if my firm was AAB it wouldn't make sense to have an insurance with higher grades, although I kind of wish I put one done just in case they would've taken me but I'm really hoping for that AAB :smile:

Ah okay that seems reasonable. Which A Levels are you awaiting qualifications for?
Ah okay that seems reasonable. Which A Levels are you awaiting qualifications for?

Psychology, Government and politics (edexcel) and sociology (AQA) :smile:
Wow you applied for some top ranked unis in philosophy. Are considering accepting Birmingham's unconditional offer, or picking Cambrige (or one of your other offers) as your firm?

It's a bit late for changing my mind now. A level results day is on the 18th August and I had to pick my firm and insurance months ago, back in MAY! But, I chose Cambridge as my firm and Durham as my insurance. I know already that I will have failed to achieve either offer though, so I guess it was the wrong decision, as it turns out.
Psychology, Government and politics (edexcel) and sociology (AQA) :smile:
Well done for getting through those subjects. Although I am a student taking STEM subjects, I realise how hard the essay subjects are. Good luck for results day, hope you get the results you have worked hard for and deserve :smile:
Original post by Platopus
It's a bit late for changing my mind now. A level results day is on the 18th August and I had to pick my firm and insurance months ago, back in MAY! But, I chose Cambridge as my firm and Durham as my insurance. I know already that I will have failed to achieve either offer though, so I guess it was the wrong decision, as it turns out.
Oh I didn't know you had to make your decision in May. I guess all that's left now is for you to hope that you pulled through and got the grades you need.
Early October and applied to Cambridge, Imperial, UCL, Bath and Southampton for Computer Science. Got rejected from Cambridge. I think my first offer was Bath in November, then Imperial in early December, then Southampton and UCL was way later.

Quick Reply

Latest