The Student Room Group

Middle office at BB vs Big4 audit pay

Hello. I am currently deciding between these two careers and I've done research on many expects of each career- such as the work involved, the skills required, the opportunities, the training and stuff but one thing I can't find is the salary for both.

The salary information tends to be different on every website and usually only includes the starting salary. I was wondering what I) the starting salary 2) the salary after around ten years would be for middle office work (risk) a audit at a big4 firm.

Thanks so much and I would appreciate either an answer or how I can get an accurate answer myself because googling isn't giving me very accurate info.
Original post by fayeztheman
Hello. I am currently deciding between these two careers and I've done research on many expects of each career- such as the work involved, the skills required, the opportunities, the training and stuff but one thing I can't find is the salary for both.

The salary information tends to be different on every website and usually only includes the starting salary. I was wondering what I) the starting salary 2) the salary after around ten years would be for middle office work (risk) a audit at a big4 firm.

Thanks so much and I would appreciate either an answer or how I can get an accurate answer myself because googling isn't giving me very accurate info.

Big4 is way lower when you factor in bonus. But then again an ACA qual + some time spent in CorpFin can lead to a slew of front office opportunities.

But roughly entry level is:

Audit ~ £29-30k in London , £19-22k elsewhere

MO (particularly risk, compliance etc) ~£45k + bonus

Upon qualification after 3 or so years, for a Big4 Audit gig, you're looking at £45k or £50-60k in-house. Obviously more if you choose to go down the high finance exit opp route.

Associates in MO can pull £60-80k all-in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
For middle office salary info:
http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/173218/top-five-best-paid-jobs-risk-management-globally-five-years-experience/

The average salary of an ACA qualified accountant 6-9 years after qualifying is £86000.
(edited 7 years ago)
Don't chase the money if your good at what you do it will come
Reply 4
It's too hard to say after "ten years" because there's just too many variables.

After ten years in Big 4, you could be a Partner (although very very very very very unlikely), you could be a really strong manager, or somewhere in between. I don't know many people who have stayed at a Big 4 employer for ten years, most chop and change or move onto something else
Reply 5
Original post by Princepieman
Big4 is way lower when you factor in bonus. But then again an ACA qual + some time spent in CorpFin can lead to a slew of front office opportunities.

But roughly entry level is:

Audit ~ £29-30k in London , £19-22k elsewhere

MO (particularly risk, compliance etc) ~£45k + bonus

Upon qualification after 3 or so years, for a Big4 Audit gig, you're looking at £45k or £50-60k in-house. Obviously more if you choose to go down the high finance exit opp route.

Associates in MO can pull £60-80k all-in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

DAYM that's high as a salary, but I've heard that hours in the banking industry are insane and stressful af so I guess you give what you're paid for.
Reply 6
Original post by neal95
Don't chase the money if your good at what you do it will come

Yeah I guess that's true. I'm going to look more at other factors before deciding.
Original post by fayeztheman
DAYM that's high as a salary, but I've heard that hours in the banking industry are insane and stressful af so I guess you give what you're paid for.

Only i-banking has 'insane' hours, everything else is 9-12 hours a day and middle office definitely more 8am-6pm.*
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending