The Student Room Group

Will I have a chance to prove myself if my exam results are disappointing?

Hello : )

I'm a little anxious that some of my exam results, specifically further maths may be a little lower than what I was hoping for. If this is the case, am I likely to have a chance of getting into Cambridge for maths? I'm kinda worried that I'm not going to have a chance of getting in : s

Thanks
I assume you are taking about AS results. Cambridge look at an application holistically when making a decision. It depends what you consider "a little lower". If you are talking about a load of Bs, then you don't really stand a chance, but if you are talking about averaging around 88% with your UMS or something, you'd probably still get an interview and a go at the admissions test (if they have one), and show them that way.

But at the end of the day, its a very competitive university, and if you're not averaging 90%+ (most applicants that get in have an average of around 95%) you're going to really have to really show them what you can do some other way.

(EDIT: Anyone feel free to correct me if I am spreading misinformation LOL)
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah AS Level, and I'm mostly worried about a few sub-cambridge performances in some modules, specifically FP1 and D1.

I'd imagine I'll be getting a B in further maths, but we'll have to wait and see.

Reply 3
Original post by RLJCMorrissey
Yeah AS Level, and I'm mostly worried about a few sub-cambridge performances in some modules, specifically FP1 and D1.

I'd imagine I'll be getting a B in further maths, but we'll have to wait and see.

It will entirely depend on your final results. Cambridge doesn't mind too much if 1 or maybe 2 modules are below par, but there's no use surmising. Come back to the thread when you have your actual results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
It will entirely depend on your final results. Cambridge doesn't mind too much if 1 or maybe 2 modules are below par, but there's no use surmising. Cone back to the thread when you have your actual results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bless!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending