The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
All choises? So even those you rejected???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup
I already retook some of my A2s and I really don't know if I improved!! The wait the second time round is much worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by otherdan
All of those!

Expecting CHEM4 low (unless they're really messing with us), CHEM5 normal-high.

PHYA4 normal, maybe a little lower. PHYA5 (did medical) as normal.

MEI FP1 low, FP2 slightly lower than usual, M1 slightly lower, M2 normal, D2 normal, S2 really high (it was basically the same paper as 2015 with different numbers!).
Posted from TSR Mobile

fp1 low? really? I found it quite easy tbh vompared to the other papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Cadherin
Anyone else awaiting AQA chemistry, AQA physics, MEI maths or MEI further maths??

That CHEM4 will have the most beautiful grade boundaries with any luck... :biggrin:

me, except the physics, chem4 was disgusting!
Original post by otherdan
All of those!

Expecting CHEM4 low (unless they're really messing with us), CHEM5 normal-high.

PHYA4 normal, maybe a little lower. PHYA5 (did medical) as normal.

MEI FP1 low, FP2 slightly lower than usual, M1 slightly lower, M2 normal, D2 normal, S2 really high (it was basically the same paper as 2015 with different numbers!).

Posted from TSR Mobile

S2 i think will have the same grade boundaries as last year, and how much for an A do you reckon FP1 and FP2 will be?
Original post by QueenBee98
Ahahahahaha rather that then on the actual road! I hope so too, but I highly doubt it :rofl: I just want results day to be over and done with :smile: English is probably one of the most unpredictable, for you have to remember EVERYTHING about the text/s that you study :/ I was the same really, but I just wanted results day to come quickly :biggrin:

Yeah I was convinced it was the subject I was gonna drop last year because I'd done so badly, and when I found out this exam was closed book.. :bricks: 11 days is nothing compared to the 2 years we've all stuggled with A-Levels so hopefully the time will fly.
Always look on the bright side of life...
Original post by Cadherin
Anyone else awaiting AQA chemistry, AQA physics, MEI maths or MEI further maths??

That CHEM4 will have the most beautiful grade boundaries with any luck... :biggrin:

chem 4 was tragic, hope gbs are low af
Original post by jamestg
Always look on the bright side of life...

*whistles*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SH0405
What are everyone's plans if you miss your offers? Resits? Gap year? Clearing? Closing your eyes and hoping all your problems will disappear?

Using my synthesis knowledge from Unit 5 Chemistry I will be selling...things... :wink:
does anyone know if i could sit OCR S3 and S4 next summer (I'll be at uni) even though they are bringing in the new A-levels now?
Reply 2591
Original post by duncanjgraham
does anyone know if i could sit OCR S3 and S4 next summer (I'll be at uni) even though they are bringing in the new A-levels now?

Yeah you can but why would you?
Maths is the same spec next year anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
Yeah you can but why would you?
Maths is the same spec next year anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

is it ?!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Because the statistics in first year of civil eng I've already done as part of further maths, I'd stay a year ahead of the uni syllabus and I find it very interesting and relevant to what I want to do in the future.
Original post by SH0405
What are everyone's plans if you miss your offers? Resits? Gap year? Clearing? Closing your eyes and hoping all your problems will disappear?

Definitely the latter!
In all seriousness, I'll probably go into clearing and do biomed then GEM... let's hope it doesn't come to that though :smile:
Reply 2594
Original post by duncanjgraham
is it ?!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Because the statistics in first year of civil eng I've already done as part of further maths, I'd stay a year ahead of the uni syllabus and I find it very interesting and relevant to what I want to do in the future.

Yeah, the current English and maths specs end next year iirc and the year after is then A2 resits only.

And it'll be a lot of work considering it won't really count for muxh after your degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by retardis
Yeah I was convinced it was the subject I was gonna drop last year because I'd done so badly, and when I found out this exam was closed book.. :bricks: 11 days is nothing compared to the 2 years we've all stuggled with A-Levels so hopefully the time will fly.

Ah I see :smile: I officially signed up for Creative Writing, but it got cancelled as hardly anyone wanted to do it, so I chose Lit instead :biggrin: Oh god yes I was the same, I initially thought 'Oh I can do this!' and then I saw it.... Quotations :rofl: Oh god I really hope so! I need it just to be over!
Did anyone here do AS WJEC English Lit & Lang?:smile:
Original post by Aph
Yeah, the current English and maths specs end next year iirc and the year after is then A2 resits only.

And it'll be a lot of work considering it won't really count for muxh after your degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to call them up tomorrow and see

I've actually almost finished learning S3. I've had a gap year and stuff so am feeling fairly (though not stupidly) confident on the work load
Hey Ya'll!
I am waiting for my AS results, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, and Sociology.
I REALLY want to go to The University of Birmingham in 2017 to study Law with Criminology. The offer is usually AAA but because I got an A* in my EPQ, the offer should be AAB. I'm not sure what my predicted grades are as they are dependent on my AS results! All of my exams went really well except for Chemistry which I am most definite I got a U! I am sooooo excited for results day, i'm not sure why!

Good Luck everyone!!!
Original post by Cereidee
Hey Ya'll!
I am waiting for my AS results, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, and Sociology.
I REALLY want to go to The University of Birmingham in 2017 to study Law with Criminology. The offer is usually AAA but because I got an A* in my EPQ, the offer should be AAB. I'm not sure what my predicted grades are as they are dependent on my AS results! All of my exams went really well except for Chemistry which I am most definite I got a U! I am sooooo excited for results day, i'm not sure why!

Good Luck everyone!!!

I did sociology too! What exam board did you do it with?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest