The Student Room Group

Para's max height.

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows the max height for the parachute regiment
Original post by jackeyboy69
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows the max height for the parachute regiment

Is there one? I worked with them a lot, and never heard of such a thing.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
Is there one? I worked with them a lot, and never heard of such a thing.

ah ok, i heard there was but thanks for clearing things up
Strictly speaking, there is a max height for parachuting based on harness, canopy and a couple of other things. If you're not over about 6'6" you should be OK.
Original post by ProStacker
Strictly speaking, there is a max height for parachuting based on harness, canopy and a couple of other things. If you're not over about 6'6" you should be OK.

Are you sure? Performance-wise, the only issue is weight, and you can load the 'chute to well above any human weight. Harness-wise, it would be bulk that was an issue, and I've sure as hell dropped some chunky paras! So long as you duck getting out of the door, I can't think why height would be an issue - for jumping at least.
Are you sure? Performance-wise, the only issue is weight, and you can load the 'chute to well above any human weight. Harness-wise, it would be bulk that was an issue, and I've sure as hell dropped some chunky paras! So long as you duck getting out of the door, I can't think why height would be an issue - for jumping at least.

My 1st tour was at Brize and I'm only going on what OC Jumps and OC Jumps Training told me at the time. I'm over 6'6" and they were dubious about my name going forward for a water jump (back when that was a thing). Something to do with where the lines fasten to the harness IIRC.
My 1st tour was at Brize and I'm only going on what OC Jumps and OC Jumps Training told me at the time. I'm over 6'6" and they were dubious about my name going forward for a water jump (back when that was a thing). Something to do with where the lines fasten to the harness IIRC.

Over 6'6" ?!? Poole Harbour isn't deep enough if you spear in!
Over 6'6" ?!? Poole Harbour isn't deep enough if you spear in!

I only ever learned the number 'ONE' on the parade square. You little people got to learn so many other numbers.
I only ever learned the number 'ONE' on the parade square. You little people got to learn so many other numbers.

124 Sir!

Quick Reply

Latest