The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Aghhhhh results day in 11 days, it'll be so ****, I know BBB is coming and that's not what I worked tirelessly for. Hard work doesn't do me good, always bad luck
Original post by SH0405

Are you AS or A2?

What subjects are you taking?

To which university are you hoping to go?

To study which subject?

If applicable, what were your AS grades?

What grades are required for your desired degree?

What grades are you predicted?

How did your exams go?

How are you feeling about results day?

Anything else to add?

Hey everyone!

I am waiting for my AS results.
I'm currently studying English Lit, Philosophy and Psychology.
I adore St. Andrews!
I'm trying to choose between philosophy, psychology or a foundation medical course.
Usually AAB - BBB dependent
I don't have predicted grades, we have minimum target grades, of which I am expected to get at least BBB or higher.
It was pretty horrific, and I am trying to forget the horrible exam experiences I had.
I am extremely nervous about results day, as if I get below a certain grade, it is likely I will be kicked out (college policy).
Original post by bishbashbosh123
Aghhhhh results day in 11 days, it'll be so ****, I know BBB is coming and that's not what I worked tirelessly for. Hard work doesn't do me good, always bad luck

Hard work does pay off eventually, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time. :smile:
Original post by QueenBee98
Ah I see :smile: I officially signed up for Creative Writing, but it got cancelled as hardly anyone wanted to do it, so I chose Lit instead :biggrin: Oh god yes I was the same, I initially thought 'Oh I can do this!' and then I saw it.... Quotations :rofl: Oh god I really hope so! I need it just to be over!

Yeah I picked it because 1. Our school is dodgy with the subject combos we can pick so it was either that or Physics and 2. I thought the coursework was creative writing where you write in the style of the author which sounded great but apparently our school doesn't do that :frown:
Original post by Cereidee
Hey Ya'll!
I am waiting for my AS results, Chemistry, Biology, Psychology, and Sociology.
I REALLY want to go to The University of Birmingham in 2017 to study Law with Criminology. The offer is usually AAA but because I got an A* in my EPQ, the offer should be AAB. I'm not sure what my predicted grades are as they are dependent on my AS results! All of my exams went really well except for Chemistry which I am most definite I got a U! I am sooooo excited for results day, i'm not sure why!

Good Luck everyone!!!

Try looking into A2B as well, if you're eligible you'll get a 2 grade reduction so you might be looking at ABB/BBB which would be great for you.
Original post by usycool1
Hard work does pay off eventually, even if it doesn't seem like it at the time. :smile:

Hopefully it does, it's so frustrating that it isn't so obvious right now. I hope your hard work does pay off too!

Isn't it stupid that I keep seeing things as superstitions to the grades I may achieve, if you know what I mean? Like I ask others what they think I may get and then believe that'll be the grades I will get because I can tell from their face expressions.
Original post by retardis
Yeah I picked it because 1. Our school is dodgy with the subject combos we can pick so it was either that or Physics and 2. I thought the coursework was creative writing where you write in the style of the author which sounded great but apparently our school doesn't do that :frown:

Ah I see what you mean, I was thinking either Lit or Psychology and god am i glad that I didn't choose Psychology! :rofl: Creative Writing was 60% coursework... I had an amazing few lessons in that course, and tbh i was upset when they cancelled it! I also wish to be an author, so writing is a passion of mine :smile: It does sound good :biggrin: Oh, that's not very good.
Ah I see what you mean, I was thinking either Lit or Psychology and god am i glad that I didn't choose Psychology! :rofl: Creative Writing was 60% coursework... I had an amazing few lessons in that course, and tbh i was upset when they cancelled it! I also wish to be an author, so writing is a passion of mine :smile: It does sound good :biggrin: Oh, that's not very good.

Psychology isn't too bad tbh, you just need a good memory and be willing to put in the effort, I don't think it's a subject that just comes naturally like maths. 60% coursework sounds like heaven. Ooh an author sounds great, full time? Also what are you doing at uni?
Hey guys! Do you think checking UCAS before getting your results is better or the other way round? Some people said its more scary checking UCAS first but surely you'd be quickly relieved to find that you've either not gotten your results or you have. Also what if you missed one grade off your offer but then you go onto UCAS to find that your uni has offered you a place anyway? All that heart sinking sh** feeling or nothing! Just a thought.

I'm feeling sick just thinking of that Thursday urgh
Original post by Cadherin
Anyone else awaiting AQA chemistry, AQA physics, MEI maths or MEI further maths??

That CHEM4 will have the most beautiful grade boundaries with any luck... :biggrin:

I think it will be around 80 or even the high 70s for an A* so considerably lower than usual!
Original post by retardis
Psychology isn't too bad tbh, you just need a good memory and be willing to put in the effort, I don't think it's a subject that just comes naturally like maths. 60% coursework sounds like heaven. Ooh an author sounds great, full time? Also what are you doing at uni?

It isn't, no, but so many of my friends worked their butts off and didn't do very well :/ Oh it certainly doesn't, but in my case, neither is maths :rofl: It does indeed, that's one of the main reasons as to why I chose to do it! Nah, I wanted to do it as a side thing... sort of like a stress reliever :smile: I'm hopefully doing Primary Education with QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) at Bishop Grosseteste :smile:
Reply 2611
Original post by dilushlol
Hey guys! Do you think checking UCAS before getting your results is better or the other way round?

Definitely check Track first. That way you know what your situation is. If you check your grades first and have missed out by one grade, you'll have a horrible time worrying about whether you've still got into your firm choice.
Reply 2612
10 days... I remember when it was triple digits.
Original post by dilushlol
Hey guys! Do you think checking UCAS before getting your results is better or the other way round? Some people said its more scary checking UCAS first but surely you'd be quickly relieved to find that you've either not gotten your results or you have. Also what if you missed one grade off your offer but then you go onto UCAS to find that your uni has offered you a place anyway? All that heart sinking sh** feeling or nothing! Just a thought.

I'm feeling sick just thinking of that Thursday urgh

Oh god I'm not too sure! A lot of people have said that, if you check track and you hadn't got in, then you would be able to prepare yourself a lot more :/ But I'm not too sure... I don't know what I'm gonna do, if I check it I might panic, but I'm probably gonna panic regardless :frown: Ah yes some Unis do that! I'm going to need a miracle! :rofl:

It's going to go so fast!
It isn't, no, but so many of my friends worked their butts off and didn't do very well :/ Oh it certainly doesn't, but in my case, neither is maths :rofl: It does indeed, that's one of the main reasons as to why I chose to do it! Nah, I wanted to do it as a side thing... sort of like a stress reliever :smile: I'm hopefully doing Primary Education with QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) at Bishop Grosseteste :smile:

Aww no sorry to hear that, as much as I loved psychology I am glad to be finally rid of it. Oh yeah that sounds like a good idea, I was considering that too. Can honestly say I've never heard of that university :colondollar: but I just looked it up and it seems quite nice, you're brave to want to be a teacher tho.
Nerves, nerves, nerves.
Original post by clucky_chick

Hey everyone!

I am waiting for my AS results.
I'm currently studying English Lit, Philosophy and Psychology.
I adore St. Andrews!
I'm trying to choose between philosophy, psychology or a foundation medical course.
Usually AAB - BBB dependent
I don't have predicted grades, we have minimum target grades, of which I am expected to get at least BBB or higher.
It was pretty horrific, and I am trying to forget the horrible exam experiences I had.
I am extremely nervous about results day, as if I get below a certain grade, it is likely I will be kicked out (college policy).

Also waiting for AS results, and I also adore St Andrews! Hoping to study Physics there.

It just feels like such a nice university (well, haven't actually been there yet) because of how small it is and how rather than a campus it is integrated within the little town of St Andrews. I also like its traditions such as the formal red grown, the academic family thing. and the May dip!
Original post by DarkEnergy
Also waiting for AS results, and I also adore St Andrews! Hoping to study Physics there.

It just feels like such a nice university (well, haven't actually been there yet) because of how small it is and how rather than a campus it is integrated within the little town of St Andrews. I also like its traditions such as the formal red grown, the academic family thing. and the May dip!

Aw, good luck! That sounds awesome. Yes, I just love the idea of going to that university, but it really depends on what happens on results day to whether I apply or not. Fingers crossed! :smile:
Original post by sabahshahed294
Ikr. I just hope the gbs be kind and we get our grades that we want! :smile: #Edexcelbekind :colonhash:

Yeahhhhh lets just hope #EdexcelBeKind :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg 10 days, it was yesterday 40 days left, ugh it's getting closer and closer! :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest