The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagicien
What's wrong with it? :frown:

Surely the rest (the white triangles that complete the shape) is implied by symmetry?

Nothing wrong with it! It's just funny that, if a person hasn't been accustomed to your usual profile pic, they would usually only see two triangles. :biggrin:
What's wrong with it? :frown:

I see 4, 2 black, 2 white

High praise indeed :biggrin:
If taking it that way makes you happy... :hugs:
Original post by C0balt
So what have you all been up to then during the wait? Other than being driven insane with worry :tongue:

Dank math
Original post by C0balt
So what have you all been up to then during the wait? Other than being driven insane with worry :tongue:

Listening to crappy music from the mainstream radios.

They're actually quite catchy
Does anyone know how Edexcel do the Maths and Further Maths arranging of modules? Like would they prioritise getting an A* in FM over maximising UMS in standard Maths? Worrying a little about it because I think Edexcel are gonna be crappy and put my M2 module in with my A2 Maths and not A2 FM even though I think that's my best chance of an A* in FM (FP2 and FP3 are As at best and S2 maybe borderline A*) :-/
EDIT: I know that you only need 3 A2 modules but I'm worried that FP2/3 and S2 would come out at an A and then they'd put M2 somewhere else
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by C0balt

Painting a lot - I feel like architecture should have been my calling instead of NatSci :P
Original post by Insight314
Nothing wrong with it! It's just funny that, if a person hasn't been accustomed to your usual profile pic, they would usually only see two triangles. :biggrin:

Ah, okay
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Does anyone know how Edexcel do the Maths and Further Maths arranging of modules? Like would they prioritise getting an A* in FM over maximising UMS in standard Maths? Worrying a little about it because I think Edexcel are gonna be crappy and put my M2 module in with my A2 Maths and not A2 FM even though I think that's my best chance of an A* in FM (FP2 and FP3 are As at best and S2 maybe borderline A*) :-/

They all (afaik) prioritise getting the A* (and highest UMS) in Maths over getting it in FM.

There's some info here: http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/docs/Aggregation%20rules%20for%20HEIs%20~%20Version%203%20January%202013.pdf
Original post by jneill
They all (afaik) prioritise getting the A* (and highest UMS) in Maths over getting it in FM.

There's some info here: http://www.furthermaths.org.uk/docs/Aggregation%20rules%20for%20HEIs%20~%20Version%203%20January%202013.pdf

Ah thank you :smile: It looks as though (if there is a chance of an A* in FM) they would give it and then maximise UMS in Maths without lowering the FM grade!
(edited 7 years ago)
TSRing 24/7

No wonder why I keep seeing your name on the home page :tongue:
Original post by Insight314
Dank math

That's the answer I was expecting and wanted to hear from you, you never disappoint :wink:
Original post by Serine Soul
Listening to crappy music from the mainstream radios.

They're actually quite catchy

They're mainstream because they're catchy I guess? I haven't listened to the radio in a long time, probably explains why I am no longer up to date with recent music and am made fun by my friends lol
Any new favourite you picked up?
Painting a lot - I feel like architecture should have been my calling instead of NatSci :P

Ohhh nice, art used to be my favourite subject back in primary school but I've lost all my talent in a black hole as I was getting more and more into science
Any piece you could share with us? :tongue: :tongue: :wink:
Original post by physicsmaths
Most likely yes but if the remark comes back before 31st you will be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bruhhh
Original post by C0balt

Ohhh nice, art used to be my favourite subject back in primary school but I've lost all my talent in a black hole as I was getting more and more into science
Any piece you could share with us? :tongue: :tongue: :wink:

Aah that's ashame! (good for Science though :wink:)
This is my most current, unfinished, piece which is Gonville and Caius College (not my college but has been commissioned by a friend) :smile: I would love to paint all the colleges in between studying should I go!
Original post by C0balt

Literally nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is my most current, unfinished, piece which is Gonville and Caius College (not my college but has been commissioned by a friend) :smile: I would love to paint all the colleges in between studying should I go!

Wow that is so impressive :redface: You can paint and sell them whilst you're there, I'd buy one (if I had money lol) :ahee: thanks for sharing that!

That is incredible, having walked in that court numerous times I feel like I'm standing on the path, it's quite amazing.
Tree court in Caius is undoubtedly the best looking court in Cambridge, no arguments about it. S staircase corner and the waterhouse building just looks incredible.

No bias at all uh
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by C0balt
Wow that is so impressive :redface: You can paint and sell them whilst you're there, I'd buy one (if I had money lol) :ahee: thanks for sharing that!

Ah thank you very much! It would be nice to be earning a little :biggrin: I'll give special discounts to fellow students :wink:
Original post by Protoxylic
Tree court in Caius is undoubtedly the best looking court in Cambridge, no arguments about it. S staircase corner and the waterhouse building just looks incredible.

No bias at all uh

It's gorgeous! Certainly one of the most beautiful places I have painted :smile:
It's gorgeous! Certainly one of the most beautiful places I have painted :smile:

Agreed, you certainly captured the best angle in Caius. Trinity street looking at the gate to Trinity and John's is also a great view for a painting, I recommend.
Original post by Protoxylic
Agreed, you certainly captured the best angle in Caius. Trinity street looking at the gate to Trinity and John's is also a great view for a painting, I recommend.

Thank you! Yes, definitely :smile: Cambridge has to be, undoubtedly, one of the most photogenic universities 😍
Original post by C0balt

They're mainstream because they're catchy I guess? I haven't listened to the radio in a long time, probably explains why I am no longer up to date with recent music and am made fun by my friends lol
Any new favourite you picked up?

Indeed :wink:

I used to listen to the radio all the time ~2009-2010. 2009 was a pretty nice year for mainstream too

Currently tho, need to big up my man jb for this:

a59gmGkq_pw

And this is stuck in my head 24/7:
xUVz4nRmxn4

That's gorgeous :heart: You're very talented!

Latest

Trending

Trending