The Student Room Group

TSR Med Students' Society Part VI

Scroll to see replies

Finally found this thread aha :smile: I'm a 2nd year at HYMS
Original post by MJK91
I'm sure there's some excuse, somewhere in the depths of my personal tutor meetings, that I could use but it just feels like grasping at straws. If someone gets 33% then 35% on resits, but has a mitigating circumstance, why is that necessarily a more competent medical student than someone getting 57% then 55% for example. It seems a bit odd. Kind of wish I'd played the game now and submitted something.

Hopefully tomorrow it won't be necessary! But the closer it gets, the more I forget how it actually went at exam time and the more worried I become haha :P

Fingers crossed for you, sure it will work out as you put the work in.

Best of luck.
Original post by Anonymous
Fingers crossed for you, sure it will work out as you put the work in.

Best of luck.

that was not meant to be anon... :colonhash:
Original post by MJK91
Never been so nervous for a results day in my life! Tomorrow midday.

Not that I'm a pessimistic person... lol... but does anyone know what the chances are of being accepted to resit a year without extenuating circumstances? I know a lot of people submitted them after the first sit went badly, but truly I don't have any reasons to use. If I fail it's because I narrowly missed out, fair and square really. That said I don't want to roll over and be forced out if worst comes to worst.

If you're close to the pass mark for resits, is it likely/possible to be able to resit a year?

Good luck dude.
Original post by Natalierm2707
that was not meant to be anon... :colonhash:

Preaching to the choir with that, thanks. I hope so too :smile:

Original post by Democracy
Good luck dude.

Thanks! Hope FY1 is all it's cracked up to be :wink:
You may find it hard to believe, but that anon was me...
Original post by MJK91
If you're close to the pass mark for resits, is it likely/possible to be able to resit a year?
That does get taken into account. You're more likely to be allowed to retake a year if you had a mitigating circumstance or you very narrowly missed the grade (i.e. you can definitely do it, maybe just had a bad day).Sauce: Now in 8th year at the GP factory
I passed first year!! :biggrin:
Original post by MJK91

Well done, very pleased for you!
Original post by MJK91

So happy for you!!! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJK91

Well done! Now enjoy the rest of your summer!
Original post by Natalierm2707
So happy for you!!! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ForestCat
Well done! Now enjoy the rest of your summer!

PRSOM but thanks :biggrin:
Oh ffs. How am I this bad at interneting.
Original post by MJK91

Congrats :woo:
Original post by MJK91

Awesome!
Reply 135
Original post by MJK91

Well done!!
Original post by Democracy
Congrats :woo:

Original post by JOO93
Well done!!

PRSOM thanks :biggrin:
Original post by MJK91

Congratulations!!!!
Knew it all along :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MJK91

Congrats!

Just caught up on this thread after going away for a short break with some friends. Got my resit coming up at the end of the month, feeling OK about it right now, have two solid weeks to hit it and then a few contingency days. Don't know whether I've posted since I started but I recently got a part-time job translating and I am sooooo happy about it. The contract is 1-10 hours a week with about 3 'safe' hours pw but I've already racked up 27 hours since starting two weeks ago and have about another 30 hours guaranteed for the rest of this month. Med school + translation job = geek satisfaction levels are sky-high. All I need to do now is start getting paid to stream me playing video games on Twitch and I'll have the complete package.
Anyone else dislike the BNF online formulary navigation system?

I had to complete an exercise using drug conversion charts on the online BNF and they all seem hidden.

I can't simply type Diazepam and - easily - see a conversion of Diazepam to other benzodiazepines. Unless I was being blind :tongue:
Instead I have to search "Benzodiazepines".

I can't simply type prednisolone. So I used my recently gained knowledge of the above to search corticosteroids. Nope - I have to navigate into Glucocorticoid therapy.

I know it's trying to be very structured but it seems information is not necessarily easy to get to. That's a general rant about the online BNF - not just conversion charts!

:unimpressed:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending