The Student Room Group

How would you react if your bf/gf called you their ex's name?

Long story short my bf was quite drunk and went to give me a hug and quite lovingly said his ex gf's name in my ear. (He does often talk about how he dislikes her, but also talks about intimate things he's done with her when we are being intimate)

I spoke to him about it when he sobered up and he told me I was making a big deal out of nothing.

Just wanted to know people's thoughts on this?
That is no way acceptable and I would be offended. He was obviously thinking of her whilst he was with you.

How long have you been together? Did he get with you very soon after his break up with his ex?

I suspect you're in a rebound relationship.
Say his best mate or dad's name next time you're getting jiggy. Then tell him he's "making a big deal out of nothing" when he kicks off.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
That is no way acceptable and I would be offended. He was obviously thinking of her whilst he was with you.

How long have you been together? Did he get with you very soon after his break up with his ex?

I suspect you're in a rebound relationship.

They broke up in 2012, which is something has said to make out that he is over her. We've only been together for 3 months.
Original post by AnonShannon
They broke up in 2012, which is something has said to make out that he is over her. We've only been together for 3 months.

I personally speaking from a girls perspective that it's very disrespectful if he's calling you her name and talking about her when you're being intimate (I assume kissing and having sex?) I don't think he's moved on from her.

How long were they together? I have noticed men find it harder to move on from personal experience, considering girls cry about it to their Mum, sister and friends, be upset for a bit then get over it lol.
Reply 5
I personally speaking from a girls perspective that it's very disrespectful if he's calling you her name and talking about her when you're being intimate (I assume kissing and having sex?) I don't think he's moved on from her.

How long were they together? I have noticed men find it harder to move on from personal experience, considering girls cry about it to their Mum, sister and friends, be upset for a bit then get over it lol.

They were together for about 6 months, but I know that she was his first, but also he is mine,so other excuses he has used is that I'm inexperienced when it comes to relationships and that no one would get upset over something like that.

I am quite a sensitive person, so just trying to work out if this is me being sensitive or if this is actually a red flag.
Reply 6
Original post by WoodyMKC
Say his best mate or dad's name next time you're getting jiggy. Then tell him he's "making a big deal out of nothing" when he kicks off.

Lol as much as I would love to test this out, I can't imagine doing that.. but then I guess it shows I know exactly how he'd react.
They were together for about 6 months, but I know that she was his first, but also he is mine,so other excuses he has used is that I'm inexperienced when it comes to relationships and that no one would get upset over something like that.

I am quite a sensitive person, so just trying to work out if this is me being sensitive or if this is actually a red flag.

I think it's a red flag. Try talking to your Mum or sister about it for their perspective?
Reply 8
So you think it means nothing?
They were together in 2012, a little while ago now and for only 6 months. And he was drunk. I am in no means excusing what he's done. It must be very hurtful and he shouldn't have said you're making a big deal out of it. You've been hurt so you have a right to express that.
Given the context, I don't think he's still in love with his ex, however, he obviously needs to apologise and show his sincerity, as he has hurt you, particularly is such a stupid manner.

Hope this helps and you work it out. All the best. Lots of love. H. Xx

A little help on mine? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4242734&p=66803024#post66803024
Reply 10
I think it's a red flag. Try talking to your Mum or sister about it for their perspective?

Thanks, I will do. They don't really like him anyway, But it's good to hear a variety of people's views.
Depends if it was during sex, tbf. :pierre:
Reply 12
Original post by Danny the Geezer
Depends if it was during sex, tbf. :pierre:

His spoken about her during sex, but when he called me her name it was just a hug.
His spoken about her during sex, but when he called me her name it was just a hug.

He speaks about his ex girlfriend whilst having sex with you?

Girl, RUN the fastest you can!
Reply 14
Original post by WoodyMKC

ha...haha, or little brother, that always irks people...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending