The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kallisto
Flag bearer? really? what an honour for this man walking with the British flag into the stadium. And no, don't be afraid: I am not planning to make any remarks to Brexit.

To catch Djokovic up, he has to beat his curse against him in an important final. Otherwise he will always be the second best.*

He will always be second best regardless, they are 29 now and their style of play (defensive for murray, both run around the court alot) means that they wont be playing as long as fed so they dont have much time
Original post by LifeIsFine
He will always be second best regardless, they are 29 now and their style of play (defensive for murray, both run around the court alot) means that they wont be playing as long as fed so they dont have much time

True. But hope so that Murray overcomes Djokovic in a final one day. Even if he has not so many chances now.*
Gutted for Djokovic, his chance at an Olympic Gold may be gone but Del Potro was unplayable tonight. I really hope this is a turning point for Delpo and he's able to sustain this level during the games and on the tour because based on what I saw he's got several more slams in him if he stays healthy
Del Potro's back!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Oh how i love that forehand.
NOvak out of the Olympics Singles
If someone had to knock out Djokovic I'm glad it's del Potro. Novak needs to get his **** together though. Too much chilling in his restaurant.
Original post by Rakas21
Del Potro's back!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Oh how i love that forehand.

Original post by ovo_zverit
NOvak out of the Olympics Singles

Original post by monk1324
If someone had to knock out Djokovic I'm glad it's del Potro. Novak needs to get his **** together though. Too much chilling in his restaurant.

Whoa, his knock out in the first round is reallya bombshell. The top favorite for the gold medal is out of the race. Let us see what Murray will do now.*
Good lineup for the QF. In a normal year you'd assume the semi's would see Murray, Nadal, Del Potro and Nikishori but given injuries and lack of form who knows.

One suspects that Murray probably has his second gold but if Nadal or Del Potro can really turn it on then both i'd say are better than him peak on peak game.

For Del Potro and Nadal to be looking at Olympic medals again though must be incredibly pleasing and unexpected for them. Wets the wistle for the US Open too.
Del Potro vs Nadal for the Olympic semi. Who would have predicted that 6 months ago.

Can't wait for it!
Kerber enters the final! that is great, that is awesome! :smile: she has got a medal either way. Hoping for gold in the final. *
[video="youtube;2IfDf7to3wo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfDf7to3wo[/video]

To wet the whistle, here's what the match could produce.

That point at 10:30 was just wow..
(edited 7 years ago)
Great win for Andy, pretty comfortable too! That second to last rally... DAMN.

Spoiler

Original post by Rakas21
[video="youtube;2IfDf7to3wo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfDf7to3wo[/video]

To wet the whistle, here's what the match could produce.

That point at 10:30 was just wow..

Its only been the first game and I think this could be REALLY good..
Original post by LifeIsFine
Its only been the first game and I think this could be REALLY good..

Missed the first games, has the DelPo forehand got going yet? :h:
I am full of anticipation for the coming women's final. Germany has the chance to win a gold medal since 1992 when Steffi Graf did it the last time.*
Original post by Rakas21
Missed the first games, has the DelPo forehand got going yet? :h:

Absolutely, crushed one at the end of a 20+(well it seemed that long) stroke rally to get the break in the first game!
Watching them both it's hard to believe that either of them has been having a hard time of it of late. This match so far could have easily been another of their 2013 matches when both were on it.

Another good thing missed is that this makes the US Open in a few weeks that bit more appetizing since it previously looked like another clear Murray vs Djokovic final.
Del Potro a break up in the second. :biggrin:
Del Potro far too cautious on the backhand (plays it like a Fed return of serve where the aim is just to keep the ball in play) but the serve, forehand and movement all seem very good and as you were.

Nadal not as aggressive as he should be but playing very well.

Can't wait for the US Open after tomorrow.
One set all! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest