The Student Room Group

Maths year 11

Scroll to see replies

Not quite. It's a bit weird to explain so I'll show you a diagram for the second one to show you what they want.
Reply 781
Original post by RDKGames
Not quite. It's a bit weird to explain so I'll show you a diagram for the second one to show you what they want.

Ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 782

I think I got it right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
I think I got it right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed correct. What did you use to work out the straight line length to get 9? :smile:
Reply 786
Indeed correct. What did you use to work out the straight line length to get 9? :smile:

The start of this N to this N...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
The start of this N to this N...

Posted from TSR Mobile

OH of course. Forgot you can just use the ruler! xD
Anyway, yes that's correct, and my working shows how you would get it mathematically.
Reply 788
OH of course. Forgot you can just use the ruler! xD
Anyway, yes that's correct, and my working shows how you would get it mathematically.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the 100 degrees wrong it's not clockwise.
Original post by z_o_e
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got the 100 degrees wrong it's not clockwise.

You got 100 degrees right, it IS clockwise. Why do you think you got it wrong? In my diagram I didn't use a ruler nor a protractor as I dont have them :tongue:
Reply 790
You got 100 degrees right, it IS clockwise. Why do you think you got it wrong? In my diagram I didn't use a ruler nor a protractor as I dont have them :tongue:

Oh :smile:

Can you check this please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Oh :smile:

Can you check this please

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's incorrect. The first line at the bearing of 120 is correct, but that is not a bearing of 040 for the second one, remember to measure it from the north clockwise, you measured it from the path.

Also, draw your North lines as dotted lines because you never use them in your working out, they are only there for guidance. I see you got confused where the person started because he/she did NOT start up north, they started from where the first line begins.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 792
That's incorrect. The first line at the bearing of 120 is correct, but that is not a bearing of 040 for the second one, remember to measure it from the north clockwise, you measured it from the path.

Also, draw your North lines as dotted lines because you never use them in your working out, they are only there for guidance. I see you got confused where the person started because he/she did NOT start up north, they started from where the first line begins.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Correct. Now it's just the matter of joining up the correct points and measuring that length.
Reply 794
Correct. Now it's just the matter of joining up the correct points and measuring that length.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the blue line is correct. Measure it's length and you're good. :smile:
Reply 796

I don't get 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 797

^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that looks right. Now from the point where that line ends, draw another line of length 5cm at a bearing of 300.
Reply 799
Yeah that looks right. Now from the point where that line ends, draw another line of length 5cm at a bearing of 300.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest