The Student Room Group

Things you struggle with mostly while learning to drive

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fkx
Thank you, i hope i do but I'm thinking it that I don't pass this time, Im just going to book another test asap.

How are you feeling about yours? Is it your first time?

You're welcome :smile: aw
Honestly I feel pretty calm about it :smile: and yeah it's my first practical test :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Driving, mainly.
I am incapable of a hill start.
Reply 423
Original post by ohhello92x
You're welcome :smile: aw
Honestly I feel pretty calm about it :smile: and yeah it's my first practical test :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck for it!

When i did my first test, i was determined to pass but when I didn't, i think it gave me more confidence. I knew how the test was like, had a first hand experience, and it showed my problem areas which I've been working on. So, don't feel too disheartened if you don't pass first time; studies show those who pass after three goes are more safer on the roads :smile:

Let us know how it goes.
Original post by lizardlenny
I am incapable of a hill start.

You'll get there! How many lessons have you had? Do you tend to bring the clutch up too quickly?
Original post by fkx
Good luck for it!

When i did my first test, i was determined to pass but when I didn't, i think it gave me more confidence. I knew how the test was like, had a first hand experience, and it showed my problem areas which I've been working on. So, don't feel too disheartened if you don't pass first time; studies show those who pass after three goes are more safer on the roads :smile:

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you :smile:

Yeah exactly :smile:

Will do :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I have my test in an hour and a bit :eek:! Not gonna lie, nerves have kicked in a bit now :/ but I'll let you guys know how I've got on :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 427
So I have my test in an hour and a bit :eek:! Not gonna lie, nerves have kicked in a bit now :/ but I'll let you guys know how I've got on :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very best of luck! Have a big virtual hug from me and my cats :tongue: all the best :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Using my brain box. 😶
Original post by Spock's Socks
Very best of luck! Have a big virtual hug from me and my cats :tongue: all the best :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: and I failed :frown: turn in the road got me, kept stalling so examiner had to help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 430
Thanks :smile: and I failed :frown: turn in the pad got me, kept stalling so examiner had to help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that :frown: I know its hard not to, but don't beat yourself up over it. What did you examiner say about the test? Do they want you to have a few more lessons before you try again?
When I was learning I found reversing around a corner difficult. Luckily, in my test they had me do a turn in the road. :biggrin:
Since passing my test, it's safe to say I haven't done a reverse around the corner since!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If there are cars close behind me (especially vans:angry:) I completely panic and either speed up away from them or mess up and almost stall :frown: My manoeuvres are all fab except the forward bay park and generally I get a tad distracted by animals/become so focused on the cars in front that I miss out on signs. I've been taking lessons since November now and my test is coming up which, to be honest, I don't think I'll pass.. at least I passed my theory first time!:biggrin:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Sorry to hear that :frown: I know its hard not to, but don't beat yourself up over it. What did you examiner say about the test? Do they want you to have a few more lessons before you try again?

Yeah true. The examiner made a comment of when he got me to pull over then move off again the car made a beep beep beep sound which means the hand break isn't completely down so I ended up looking down and sorting that out and the car moved to the side which tbf I agree with but other than that it was a decent drive and I picked up 5 minors along with the serious one where he had to help me. The examiner didn't say how many more lessons I need before trying again :/ so just debating on when to book the next one in for :/ but I have a lesson next week though :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :smile: and I failed :frown: turn in the pad got me, kept stalling so examiner had to help :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear that ;( did you get nervous and flustered?
Original post by Jack22031994
Sorry to hear that ;( did you get nervous and flustered?

Thanks :redface: I was absolutely fine and then as soon as I put the car into reverse gear and stalled is when I got nervous and flustered :frown: if it wasn't for that I would've passed. But hey ho managed to get myself another test booked, the earliest the test centre near me could offer was early next month (7/9), so booked it in for then. So suppose at least I have another few lessons before then to perfect my clutch control on that manoeuvre :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks :redface: I was absolutely fine and then as soon as I put the car into reverse gear and stalled is when I got nervous and flustered :frown: if it wasn't for that I would've passed. But hey ho managed to get myself another test booked, the earliest the test centre near me could offer was early next month (7/9), so booked it in for then. So suppose at least I have another few lessons before then to perfect my clutch control on that manoeuvre :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that sucks ;(. Ah that's good :smile: sure you'll pass next time! Got mine on the 10th September so hopefully
I'll pass too:smile:

Just can't wait to finally be able to drive my car on my own. I've told myself I'm not allowed to buy any accessories etc for it (to make it my own if you know what I mean) until I pass.
Original post by Jack22031994
Aww that sucks ;(. Ah that's good :smile: sure you'll pass next time! Got mine on the 10th September so hopefully
I'll pass too:smile:

Just can't wait to finally be able to drive my car on my own. I've told myself I'm not allowed to buy any accessories etc for it (to make it my own if you know what I mean) until I pass.

Yep :frown: thanks same here :redface:! Ah I'm sure you'll pass then too :biggrin:

Ahh same here. I'm currently looking for a car, not looking to spend too much on a first car but as long as it works I can't complain :redface:! Ah fair enough :biggrin: just can't wait to get my next test done and dusted and hopefully that'll be a pass :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here we go:

Those occasions when there's a cyclist you need to overtake or a parked car on your side of the road and there's a car coming the other way and you might just be able to squeeze through but you're not sure.

Remembering to use mirrors at every junction or change of lane/direction, especially when you have to signal, watch other cars, lights, pedestrians, speed, gear, etc.

Bay parking

Being scared at some complicated roundabouts/junctions due to not wanting to infringe in to other driver's lanes.
Yep :frown: thanks same here :redface:! Ah I'm sure you'll pass then too :biggrin:

Ahh same here. I'm currently looking for a car, not looking to spend too much on a first car but as long as it works I can't complain :redface:! Ah fair enough :biggrin: just can't wait to get my next test done and dusted and hopefully that'll be a pass :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! :smile:

Yeah same here :smile: got mine in sad circumstances though ;(. It's a great little car though :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending