The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Spock's Socks
Had such a crap night due to nerves over this PIP medical but I woke up to some good news, I passed my ESA medical! Woke up today to backdated money in my account and I'm not due to be paid until next week but got it today. Dont know of I'm in the work or support group but should probably get the letter today or tomorrow. That is a huge weight off my shoulders :biggrin: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats amazing. You could become sherlock holmes and work it out if you wanted, the 2 groups get different amounts but thats totally up to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
PIP assessment really wasn't good :/ He was trying to blame PCOS for EUPD symptoms, FFS. He seemed clueless. Was only in there 30 minutes. I need this money for therapy. If I don't get it then it feels like the nail in the coffin.
Original post by ScaryScience
PIP assessment really wasn't good :/ He was trying to blame PCOS for EUPD symptoms, FFS. He seemed clueless. Was only in there 30 minutes. I need this money for therapy. If I don't get it then it feels like the nail in the coffin.

What a load of crap?!?! How can he think that PCOS produces the same symptoms as EUPD oh dear.

Really hope you do get it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had such a crap night due to nerves over this PIP medical but I woke up to some good news, I passed my ESA medical! Woke up today to backdated money in my account and I'm not due to be paid until next week but got it today. Dont know of I'm in the work or support group but should probably get the letter today or tomorrow. That is a huge weight off my shoulders :biggrin: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Awesome news!

Original post by ScaryScience

Sounds like a right idiot. :console:

----

Just got my gyno appointment through, and it's ****ing 15 miles away, not in the main hospital for Tayside, but a community centre sort of one! ****ing hell! :angry:
That's me out the medical now. The nurse I had was quite nice and she seemed to know a lot about OCD and took it seriously along with the other conditions. She said I should have a decision within 2 to 3 weeks. Just glad it's over now. I feel like I can finally breathe again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Thats amazing. You could become sherlock holmes and work it out if you wanted, the 2 groups get different amounts but thats totally up to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in the support group. Really relieved as that is what I as rooting for :smile:
I'm in the support group. Really relieved as that is what I as rooting for :smile:

:woo: :party: :banana: must be a huge weight lifted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
I tend to feel more depressed in the summer compared to the winter. I guess that in the summer, everything and everyone around me seem to all be feeling happy or enjoying the occasion but then I look at the,, feel bitter and get more depressed. :tongue:

Sorry you feel that way :hugs:

That isn't the same reason for me. I think its likely cause hot weather (as in the high 20s plus, humid, sticky kind that people dub "gorgeous" even when its very dull and grey :lolwut: ) makes me feel very uncomfortable and ill plus tires me out so can't really do much.

---

@Spock's Socks That's great news :smile: (sorry can't multiquote for some reason!)
So I have decided afterall to take up my course at uni, I've been umming and I've been aahing and I haven't sent off my app for finance yet, I still need to to get someone to confirm my identity, send my declaration form, purchase and send a birth cert, and to add I put the wrong institution on the app so I have to download a change of circumstances form, fill that in, send it, and wait for a decision, all in 8 weeks. Stress man.
Concluded that i am a horrible person.
Taking out stuff on people because i feel like they don't understand, well of course they dont i dont talk to them about it but then i get the impression they aren't bothered which makes me want to talk to them even less anyway :redface:
fundamentally no-one seems to give a **** but i can assure you that if it was them having these dreams some of which can be pretty horrific then they would be bothered.
but no it's all just 'results' apparently
right yeh sure cos it isn't like i forgot it was results day soon and that's not what im worried about but ok then you know me so well apparently :yy:
Thanks! :hugs: I'm over the moon about ESA :smile: I wasn't expecting them to take OCD seriously tbh.

Callan just called to see what group I've been put into and I've been put into the support group for a year :smile: :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice-I have my ESA medical on the 16th (I'm already on it but this is just a medical that happens randomly-I have had one before and passed it but I my support person there and they'd written a long report and now I don't have one anymore (cuts to funding, I'm not deemed "ill" enough to get one, they're like gold-dust etc etc :no: But if I get taken off it it's not a bad thing as I'm in the process of applying to uni (have the place just waiting to do the paperwork/evidence for finance, still unsure whether to go though :erm:). So all is good.

Worst case scenario: I don't go to uni, get taken of ESA and end up on Universal Credit, I get a job. Whether it's emotionally and financially unfulfilling and makes my symptoms worse or not-I'll have to. And kind of want to. I've spent a long time on benefits since dropping out (albeit doing lots of voluntrary work also). But yeah.

I also think they check your social media accounts-I don't know why I just have a funny feeling they do.

I was in the work group, but then ended up in hospital (I'd say pressure to find employment contributed stress-wise) then they put me in the support group. Also that's me posting above, (stupid auto-anon)
Original post by Anonymous
Concluded that i am a horrible person.
Taking out stuff on people because i feel like they don't understand, well of course they dont i dont talk to them about it but then i get the impression they aren't bothered which makes me want to talk to them even less anyway :redface:
fundamentally no-one seems to give a **** but i can assure you that if it was them having these dreams some of which can be pretty horrific then they would be bothered.
but no it's all just 'results' apparently
right yeh sure cos it isn't like i forgot it was results day soon and that's not what im worried about but ok then you know me so well apparently :yy:

You are not a horrible person. Can confirm. :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
You are not a horrible person. Can confirm. :hugs:

Thanks Airmed :redface: i do feel like i am though :/
took my anger out on this random cold caller :getmecoat:
Nice-I have my ESA medical on the 16th (I'm already on it but this is just a medical that happens randomly-I have had one before and passed it but I my support person there and they'd written a long report and now I don't have one anymore (cuts to funding, I'm not deemed "ill" enough to get one, they're like gold-dust etc etc :no: But if I get taken off it it's not a bad thing as I'm in the process of applying to uni (have the place just waiting to do the paperwork/evidence for finance, still unsure whether to go though :erm:). So all is good.

Worst case scenario: I don't go to uni, get taken of ESA and end up on Universal Credit, I get a job. Whether it's emotionally and financially unfulfilling and makes my symptoms worse or not-I'll have to. And kind of want to. I've spent a long time on benefits since dropping out (albeit doing lots of voluntrary work also). But yeah.

I also think they check your social media accounts-I don't know why I just have a funny feeling they do.

Apprently if you fail your ESA tribunal and you have to claim UC/JSA you can work with the jobcentre's disability adviser and you agree a certain amount of steps towards going back into employment every week rather than being made to do 35 hours job search. I'm job hunting atm and do find its getting me down (luckily I don't have to go to the jobcentre as I can't claim anything as I live with my boyfriend who works full time).
Original post by CaitlinN15
dead

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, are you okay? :hugs:
Original post by Deyesy
Hey, are you okay? :hugs:

Hey. no had the worse day for so long :frown:(( thank you *squeezes*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apprently if you fail your ESA tribunal and you have to claim UC/JSA you can work with the jobcentre's disability adviser and you agree a certain amount of steps towards going back into employment every week rather than being made to do 35 hours job search. I'm job hunting atm and do find its getting me down (luckily I don't have to go to the jobcentre as I can't claim anything as I live with my boyfriend who works full time).

Oh I didn't know that, thanks, although last time I was on JSA I was working with the disability guidance team people and I was give leeway etc, then I got referred to Shaw Trust and then things went hectic, job club, appointment there.
Feeling really *****y and nothing is shifting it. Dreading uni starting again, really don't think I'm going to be able to cope mental health-wise.

Latest