The Student Room Group

For the year 11 class of 2016-17

I have 10 month till my GCSE's and i'm scared. I feel like I have no time and out of the subjects that I have chosen plus the the compulsory subjects I don't know what to revise. Can anyone give my some advice I am i dire need. Please and Thank you.

Your sincerely
forthefearful
Original post by forthefearful
I have 10 month till my GCSE's and i'm scared. I feel like I have no time and out of the subjects that I have chosen plus the the compulsory subjects I don't know what to revise. Can anyone give my some advice I am i dire need. Please and Thank you.

Your sincerely
forthefearful

Relax is probably the first piece of advice because I'm in the same situation and stressing is just going to get you even more worried. In terms of what to revise next year, you could look the specifications for each subject and tick off what you need to revise. I would only recommend starting main revision in February onwards because you'll forget it if you do it earlier - although you could go over topics that you're unsure of at the moment before then. Then, when it gets closer to exams, do some past papers and highlight areas where you need to work on. For subjects like Maths, you can get practice questions on Corbett Maths, Bland in and some other websites.
They scrapped the core science in year 10.
You have to sit all of the science exams at the end of year 11 rather than having the option to do core in year 10.
Reply 4
Get revision guides for your exam board eg OCR math then look up the specification for each subject eg OCR gcse maths specification into google then flash card / mind map the specification using revision guides then once you learn it do timed past papers eg Google OCR maths GCSEs past papers and then print the ones you're doing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Those doing double science take 3 core exams in year 10, but those doing triple do all 9 exams at the end of year 11 :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by forthefearful

Your sincerely
forthefearful

You have 10 months. That's absolutely ages! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by danielwinstanley
You have to sit all of the science exams at the end of year 11 rather than having the option to do core in year 10.

In my school, people doing double science done their core science exam in year 10 so they haven't ''scrapped'' them. I guess its to do with when your school wants their students to sit the exam.
Original post by *Alisha*
In my school, people doing double science done their core science exam in year 10 so they haven't ''scrapped'' them. I guess its to do with when your school wants their students to sit the exam.

Oh, nevermind, I was thinking about them scrapping the January exams in science.
In my school we had all 9 exams at the end of year 11!
For me, I didnt revise too much for the November mocks - this meant that I could see where my strengths were without much revision, and then I knew where to focus my revision.
I then started creating flashcards and preparing materials for my revision, as I still hadn't finished learning all of the content for science and History!
I then had mocks in March, where I had revised for. In these I did see a clear improvement (I went from getting a low B in maths to a high A!). These allowed me again to see where I needed to focus on, though this time there was a lot less, and this made me feel more confident!
During March I started my main revision, I revised every day, usually obly focusing on 2 subjects a day. I did prioritise subjects based on both what I struggled with, and what had the most content to remember.

Don't worry about your GCSES now. The only thing I would do is make sure you have all the revision books you need, and all the materials you need to make your revision resources! Also, if you're still going over any new content next year, I would try reading through it before the end of the holidays, so that you know what to expect, and you're one step ahead!

All the best for year 11, and remember, don't stress too much!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest