The Student Room Group

Clearing Places

I'm on the UCAS clearing list for places in Scotland but there is nothing that I'm interested in. Will the clearing list be updated tomorrow when we get our exam results since conditions will be missed and people will go into their firm and leave their insurance choices free? Does anyone know if this list will change and if more places will be added? :frown::confused::s-smilie:
Original post by clxire
I'm on the UCAS clearing list for places in Scotland but there is nothing that I'm interested in. Will the clearing list be updated tomorrow when we get our exam results since conditions will be missed and people will go into their firm and leave their insurance choices free? Does anyone know if this list will change and if more places will be added? :frown::confused::s-smilie:

It's unlikely the list will change much and not many courses will be added to the list (if any). It's more likely that the list is as it's maximum just now and from tomorrow when people start applying through Clearing, courses will start falling off the list.

Are you in Clearing at the moment or waiting on exam results for a Conditional Offer?
Can I ask how you see what courses are on offer in Clearing? Do you have to look on an individual University's website to see what is available?
Reply 3
Original post by Ecosse_14
It's unlikely the list will change much and not many courses will be added to the list (if any). It's more likely that the list is as it's maximum just now and from tomorrow when people start applying through Clearing, courses will start falling off the list.

Are you in Clearing at the moment or waiting on exam results for a Conditional Offer?

Oh, I had the idea that spaces might become available since many people have accepted more than one offer as their firm and insurance but will only end up doing one of them in the end, so the other places might be put into clearing. That makes sense though, thanks. I'm waiting on exam results for a conditional offer right now but I'm almost positive that I haven't made the conditions.
Reply 4
Original post by markova21
Can I ask how you see what courses are on offer in Clearing? Do you have to look on an individual University's website to see what is available?

http://search.ucas.com/ I just use this search tool and then click the 'clearing 2016' option, I'm sure some Uni's list whats available on their websites too.
Original post by markova21

You can check the UCAS Clearing course search or an individual university's website.

Original post by clxire
Oh, I had the idea that spaces might become available since many people have accepted more than one offer as their firm and insurance but will only end up doing one of them in the end, so the other places might be put into clearing. That makes sense though, thanks. I'm waiting on exam results for a conditional offer right now but I'm almost positive that I haven't made the conditions.

The way universities work their numbers, they factor in that many of those who are Insurance with them will not end up going so they make more offers than necessary. Let us know how you get on when your results come out, good luck! :smile:
Original post by clxire
http://search.ucas.com/ I just use this search tool and then click the 'clearing 2016' option, I'm sure some Uni's list whats available on their websites too.

Thanks for your help.
Reply 7
Original post by Ecosse_14
You can check the UCAS Clearing course search or an individual university's website.

The way universities work their numbers, they factor in that many of those who are Insurance with them will not end up going so they make more offers than necessary. Let us know how you get on when your results come out, good luck! :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending