The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lfcrules
Which college is your offer from ?

From Christ's College
Anyone know if Durham will be in clearing?
Does anyone know anyone who has been accepted at uni for not having the entry requirement subject shown at their website? (just curious)
Original post by Cereidee
I'm pretty sure things only update on track at 8:00am on the 18th.

however, i know a girl who got an email the other day from ucas saying that her offer was changed to unconditional.

Hahaha oh well she's lucky damn
Original post by the.chantele
Does anyone know anyone who has been accepted at uni for not having the entry requirement subject shown at their website? (just curious)

Do you mean people who have been accepted when they've missed their offer conditions?

If so there are tens of thousands of applicants who are accepted with missed grades every year. It's more than likely people missing a grade or two will be accepted but there are no guarantees.

If a university believes that an applicant either wont be able to cope on the course with those grades or they simply can't fit them in logistically (timetabling, accommodation, teaching staff limitations) then students that have missed their grades are likely to be rejected.
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Wow it's creeping closer and closer. A2 Maths students, do you think you did well in the other maths modules (AQA) to compensate for the atrocities C3 exam that your were given ?:s-smilie:

Last year I got 95% in c1 and c2 and 100% in d1 (UMS). I think c4 and m1 have went just as well (95-100% UMS range) but I think I've done bad enough in c3 to not get an A* 😩 I will be surprised if I can get 80% in c3 and even then I'd need 100% in c4.

The worst part is that most of my errors were silly and I should've done better, but hey ho I only need an A for uni
Original post by HFancy1997
f324 and f325, i think they will have high grade boundaries:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really pray that they don't 😭, they're always quite high
Original post by Pinocchiolewis
Last year I got 95% in c1 and c2 and 100% in d1 (UMS). I think c4 and m1 have went just as well (95-100% UMS range) but I think I've done bad enough in c3 to not get an A* 😩 I will be surprised if I can get 80% in c3 and even then I'd need 100% in c4.

The worst part is that most of my errors were silly and I should've done better, but hey ho I only need an A for uni

how many marks do you think you got in C3? i'm in such a similar position: got 94% in AS maths and in C3 i think i got 51/75 which will be a mid B if i'm lucky, so an A* is out the window regardless of how well C4 goes
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
I'm waiting on them all minus C4 and C3

How did you think they went??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they went alright, the only ones that annoyed me was that bs f214 paper and the fact that I almost didn't finish D1, wbu??
Original post by Vannzzoo
I think they went alright, the only ones that annoyed me was that bs f214 paper and the fact that I almost didn't finish D1, wbu??

I know f214 was a joke, but f215 was quite nice so hopefully that brings my grade up lol unless grade boundaries are high :/

Oh god I messed up the last two D1 questions completely!! I just need a B in that paper though so hopefully it's fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting constant emails from my firm uni about accomodation and congrats your exams are over blah blah etc etc and it's making me feel twice as worse as I know I'm not going to get in :frown:((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MessyEffy
I do WJEC Eng Lit if that helps lmao

What texts did you study? And how'd you find the exam?:biggrin:
Original post by tanyapotter
how many marks do you think you got in C3? I'm in such a similar position: got 94% in AS maths and in C3 i think i got 51/75 which will be a mid B if i'm lucky, so an A* is out the window regardless of how well C4 goes

That sucks :/ From looking at unofficial mark schemes I think I've got around 50-55 so I don't think an A* is possible unless the grade boundaries are insanely low ahaha
Original post by Pinocchiolewis

I feel lucky that i am an AS student. It's sad to know that any other year you could have achieved an A* in Maths (If you get an A on results day) . On the bright side you insinuated that an A is enough to secure a place on your course at uni. 👏👏 Coming to think of it, what is your firm and insurance choice and what course do you want to study?
The fact that we're almost on single digits actually freaks me out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
The fact that we're almost on single digits actually freaks me out

Posted from TSR Mobile

M8 we are, there are 9days and 5hrs lefttill results day
Am I the only one who's firm and insurance are the exact same offers? This terrifies me because I feel like if I don't get in my firm then there's no chance my insurance will take me either :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sugar_1998
M8 we are, there are 9days and 5hrs lefttill results day

So it is! Apologies for the error :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just cannot. 9 days. 5 hours. w. t. f.

Quick Reply

Latest