LOTR

The Hobbit overdid the CGI.
Game of thrones
Original post by mercuryman
Game of thrones

O.
Original post by frankielogue
I prefer hobbit tbh.

Lord of the Rings by far, Hobbit was okay but no where near as good as Lotr trilogy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I love both but because LOTR is older the quality of it was not as great obviously...

BUT BOTH FILMS WERE GREAT, and i loved characters such as kili, thorin, aragorn, legolas etc.

But i think the hobbit :biggrin:.
If we're talking books, The Hobbit.
If we're talking movies, LOTR.
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
If we're talking books, The Hobbit.
If we're talking movies, LOTR.

true tbh
Lord of the Ring all the way. An almost perfect lightning strike of a movie like the Ghostbusters that will never be successfully matched. Effects are pretty much perfect, casting is flawless, direction and visuals are perfect, and most of what they cut made perfect sense (cough tom bombadil cough).

My two grips are that in the extended version Gandalf loses his encounter with the Witch-King and they cut the Houses of Healing from the film entirely and it so key to Aragorn's story.

The Hobbit, the CGI was overdone and the 48 fps made it really obvious, and everything they did with the black arrow in the film just really annoyed me. I did like that they added Tauriel the she-elf in but didn't like that they put her in a love triangle.

Original post by Dilz53
I love both but because LOTR is older the quality of it was not as great obviously...

BUT BOTH FILMS WERE GREAT, and i loved characters such as kili, thorin, aragorn, legolas etc.

But i think the hobbit :biggrin:.

Ehh??

I'd have said the quality of the LOTR was better than the hobbit, just because the film is older doesn't mean the quality is worse.
Reply 13
Original post by Gwilym101
Lord of the Ring all the way. An almost perfect lightning strike of a movie like the Ghostbusters that will never be successfully matched. Effects are pretty much perfect, casting is flawless, direction and visuals are perfect, and most of what they cut made perfect sense (cough tom bombadil cough).

My two grips are that in the extended version Gandalf loses his encounter with the Witch-King and they cut the Houses of Healing from the film entirely and it so key to Aragorn's story.

The Hobbit, the CGI was overdone and the 48 fps made it really obvious, and everything they did with the black arrow in the film just really annoyed me. I did like that they added Tauriel the she-elf in but didn't like that they put her in a love triangle.

Ehh??

I'd have said the quality of the LOTR was better than the hobbit, just because the film is older doesn't mean the quality is worse.

I'd say the plot was better in the LOTR but i ment the filming and development of characters such as the orks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dilz53
I'd say the plot was better in the LOTR but i ment the filming and development of characters such as the orks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still say LOTR wins on those fronts. The orcs aren't developed they're just there. There isn't anything to develop as orcs are just complete evil, the only unique thing we learn about Azog is why he hates Thorin. If you took that away he gets about as much characterisation as Gothmog, whose unnamed in the film but is the Orc general at the battle of pelennor fields.

Filming wise LOTR wins hands down, Jackson made real sets and invented CGI for monstors and the architecture that was impossible. With the Hobbit, so much is CGI and then he made the video quality so high that you could easily tell. As such LOTR looks more real and ages better.

Quick Reply

Latest